Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Muslim Tommies

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Considering that the USA is on the downward spiral. I think you have my answer.

But what made the USA a success in the first place, the most powerful nation on the planet for the last century? Was it down to the native Americans, or was it down to mass immigration and people working together despite their historical backgorunds?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was joking mate. It baffled me why he felt the need to put that up.

I thought you probably were, but sometimes it's hard to pick it up from just plain text. Sorry for insulting your intelligence!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
But what made the USA a success in the first place, the most powerful nation on the planet for the last century? Was it down to the native Americans, or was it down to mass immigration and people working together despite their historical backgorunds?

I see your point I shall check out the book on that one but I would still say that mass immigration in the modern era is unsustainable. Whilst the west exploits the poorer countries for its own ends. The End of Poverty is a radical Green anarchist book. Which explains the development of societies to the present day.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
God there's some bitter people on here, maybe if you were friends with some indians/muslims you wouldnt be so bitter towards/dismisive of them, immediatly thinking 7/7 and 9/11 is somehow ALL muslims fault rather than the handful out 1.5 million muslims living in UK, and totally dismissing their worth when fighting on our side.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
earlier we were discussing fact v interpretation. I think this may be a classic case Joe!

The victors write history, I think the people not bearing the brunt of mass immigration in this country but reaping the economic benifits most are the victors, wouldn't you say?

To an extent yes. But I would argue we all reap the economic benefits, or at least will do at some point in our lives. Where I see immigration not working is where certain immigrant communities do little or nothing to integrate and effectively bite the hand that feeds. Thing is although this is a problem, I believe it is a largely overstated one as the bulk of immigrants do not behave in this way.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Just got my brain back into gear. One of the reasons the USA became a world power is through the exploitation of others ( Blacks for example) Within its borders and outside its borders. Lets remember how they destabilised South America for several decades. Hardly a shining example of Humanity.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no, you know what i mean as in its not allowed , ie pointing out certain facts etc is not allowed in the sense it will earn you the tag"nazi"etc

Perhaps it is an oversimplification, but being a right wing bigot you can hardly expect the majority of people to give the label 'balanced' can you?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just got my brain back into gear. One of the reasons the USA became a world power is through the exploitation of others ( Blacks for example) Within its borders and outside its borders. Lets remember how they destabilised South America for several decades. Hardly a shining example of Humanity.

We exploited blacks here too, but some people would say that by me saying that it makes me a liberal white sympathiser who is not in the 'real world'

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
No its not. History is interpretations and accounts of factual events.

I see where you're going with the second bit but it wasn't a dig at what I believe your politics etc to be, I really ahven't got a clue, as I'm sure you haven't of mine.

oh your wrong there. He knows everything about everyone. Haven't you read his posts?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i suppose its like me calling you a liberal white symathiser who doesnt live in the real world.

If you just copy and paste that and stick it in every thread you want to reply to you'll save yourself a massive amount of typing. And still say exactly what you want to say. EVERY SINGLE f***ing TIME.

how is the real world these days?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Depends what you mean by right wing bigot?

A bigot (in modern usage) is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own or intolerant of people of different ethnicity, race, or class.

Right wing, you have sympathies towards the BNP, who are a right wing party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here