Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The main difference between us and Palace

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Palace were the better side by a country mile, a team full of pace power skill and after a run beating most of the side at the top of the championship sit were they rightly belong.
Yes it is a long season and there's some good sides in the championship who will do their best to knock us of the top but come the end of the season I fully expect Brighton to be in the top 6 and I hope palace will be there too.

Only an idiot would suggest you are not where you deserve to be but the frustration is because of a moment of madness by our defence and our failure to turn up we have again given a p*ss poor account of ourselves.

There is a long way to go now and January will be pivotal for your lot but for us it's dust ourselves down and on with next week

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
:lolol: Bolasie? What do you base the "destroyed" comment on? The fact you were completely impotent from open play and relied on two penalties and a good header from a corner to score. We were never really troubled in open play, surely you can't argue with that? Apart from the Murray header from a dangerous cross from the left in the second half (admittedly, that might have been Bolasie but there's a ruddy great pole in the way!), from open play we were totally comfortable defending against your wingers

This is embarrassing drivel. We were under the cosh for long periods. Yes the Dunk debacle completely f***ed us, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Bolasie was clearly the Man of the Match.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The fixture in March will see us play it like a real derby match , payback for Orlandi's broken rib when he was elbowed a few minutes before he went down in our penalty area.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
:D

Based on that game, I think it's pretty clear that both Bolasie and Zaha are better than Buckley, Bridcutt isn't as good as Jedinak, etc.

I particularly enjoyed how you were telling us that "Bruno has played against Messi and Ronaldo, he'll have no problem at all against your wingers". He was probably the worst player on the pitch and Bolasie absolutely destroyed him for 90 minutes.

Yes, Bruno had a poor game, I'll admit that.

Calderon (our second choice right-back and third choice left-back) got destroyed by Bolasie, to be expected.
Didn't really notice Jedinak. Bridcutt couldn't really be judged today as he spent most of the game at left-back doing a very good job of keeping Zaha quiet.
Naturally it didn't work out for Buckley today. He wasn't going to get much service when we had to defend for 85 minutes.

Bore off.

On a related note, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I wish that when someone on my ignore list is replied to, I can't see what they are saying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On a related note, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I wish that when someone on my ignore list is replied to, I can't see what they are saying.

The problem is you'll end up with a blank page if all ignored posters are blocked out on a replied post :lol:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
it was them looking up the league at us last season

Oh yeah, the only season we have done that in the last god knows how long! Still, normal service resumed this year!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is embarrassing drivel. We were under the cosh for long periods. Yes the Dunk debacle completely f***ed us, but you have to give credit where credit is due and Bolasie was clearly the Man of the Match.

Rubbish, your opinions are worth no more than mine. A lot of people rated Bolasie today, I didn't. There was a massive hint of the Craig Noone's about him for me, or the Noone who played for Brighton atleast, all flair and skill and nothing on the end of it. Don't forget his first attempt at a cross into the box which flew out on the far side for a throw in. He's not the worldbeater this thread seems to paint him as. Palace from open play caused no real problems. Palace from corners, however, was a different story and give any team two penalties and you'll concede goals.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I think most would if it were true...comprehensive? likely. Far superior? definitely not.

I'm sorry but the scoreline suggests something different.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
You could see what Brighton were trying to do today. Obviously the red card killed the game.

Lol at the Groupon banner. As for the Brighton fans trying to rush the Palace fans in the AW ???

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Suggests yes, but it doesn't mean that it is correct. Of course, we're including subjectivity into it, but i'm sure that even objectively you couldn't admit that a game in which an early dismissal and 2 penalties is 'domination'. If it were 11v11 and no pens then yes, it would be far superior. You did very well, no-one can deny and you deserve to be where you are on merit but lets keep a sense of reality here.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
You could see what Brighton were trying to do today. Obviously the red card killed the game.

Lol at the Groupon banner. As for the Brighton fans trying to rush the Palace fans in the AW ???

Banner? ???
What did it say? Just 'Groupon'?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Banner? ???
What did it say? Just 'Groupon'?

jmgnsd.jpg

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Suggests yes, but it doesn't mean that it is correct. Of course, we're including subjectivity into it, but i'm sure that even objectively you couldn't admit that a game in which an early dismissal and 2 penalties is 'domination'. If it were 11v11 and no pens then yes, it would be far superior. You did very well, no-one can deny and you deserve to be where you are on merit but lets keep a sense of reality here.

Fair words Gromble but I don't really know what else to say. This is what a rivallry is all about. Rose tinted spectacles? Maybe. But you don't really expect me to come on here and say ''bad luck Albion, you were great and I hope you win every game hereafter'' do you? You offered nothing apart from when Pony-Smith decided to miss when it was easier to score. At no point (after the sending off) was I concerned that we would concede, let alone lose. Many times you see sides shut up shop and get a draw or even a 1-0 win after going down to 10 men. You didn't. I would suggest if you were genuine contenders for promotion then today's result would have been closer. Fact is it wasn't. Enjoy mid table. That is, after all, an achievement for a club such as BHA who have spent, last season apart, so much time in the lower leagues in their recent history. Maybe your expectation level is too high??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

You sound like a Huddersfield fan gloating after their 7-1 victory because our goalie (Kuipers) got an instant red for bringing down their striker in the box with the ref giving a penalty and then booked our sub goalie for telling him the ball wasn't on the penalty spot. We had 10 men that night and conceded 7 goals , Palace could only muster 3 today.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Just eventually got home pissed and pissed off Dunk sending off totally right, we were destroyed from start to finish apart from the start of second half when we did actually attack for once, but then CMS misses a golden opportunity and that was it. Why just sit and try to defend and give them even more confidence. Apart from the match had a bloody good day out lol

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You sound like a Huddersfield fan gloating after their 7-1 victory because our goalie (Kuipers) got an instant red for bringing down their striker in the box with the ref giving a penalty and then booked our sub goalie for telling him the ball wasn't on the penalty spot. We had 10 men that night and conceded 7 goals , Palace could only muster 3 today.

Do I? I have always liked Huddersfield and their fans. Brighton losing 7-1? No-one likes to see that do they? :D

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fair words Gromble but I don't really know what else to say. This is what a rivallry is all about. Rose tinted spectacles? Maybe. But you don't really expect me to come on here and say ''bad luck Albion, you were great and I hope you win every game hereafter'' do you?

Oh, of course not - fortunately i try to be relatively objective :p I think it's just a bit of humility - i think the score would have been much closer (hell, even a positive result to us) if we take out the pens and the card...facts are, they happened and we didn't deal with it that well. However, i think a lot of fans lording it and saying that we were battered/outplayed/far superior/insert whatever gloat is required then it's just not completely accurate. You won, and deserved to, but it wasn't a trouncing...it could have been, but wasn't...thankfully!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here