Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The main difference between us and Palace

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Thought Buckley had a blinder, better than Zaha :D

:D

Based on that game, I think it's pretty clear that both Bolasie and Zaha are better than Buckley, Bridcutt isn't as good as Jedinak, etc.

I particularly enjoyed how you were telling us that "Bruno has played against Messi and Ronaldo, he'll have no problem at all against your wingers". He was probably the worst player on the pitch and Bolasie absolutely destroyed him for 90 minutes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Based on that game, I think it's pretty clear that both Bolasie and Zaha are better than Buckley, Bridcutt isn't as good as Jedinak, etc.

I particularly enjoyed how you were telling us that "Bruno has played against Messi and Ronaldo, he'll have no problem at all against your wingers". He was probably the worst player on the pitch and Bolasie absolutely destroyed him for 90 minutes.

Based on that game every single one of your players is a cheat

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bolasie looked good..the rest of yur comparisons are out ..but hey ho

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

:lolol: Bolasie? What do you base the "destroyed" comment on? The fact you were completely impotent from open play and relied on two penalties and a good header from a corner to score. We were never really troubled in open play, surely you can't argue with that? Apart from the Murray header from a dangerous cross from the left in the second half (admittedly, that might have been Bolasie but there's a ruddy great pole in the way!), from open play we were totally comfortable defending against your wingers.

Zaha looked decent though to be fair, didn't really offer any sort of end product on the day but dribbling wise he looked decent. Nice couple of dives too. I like how the programme has a picture of him diving through the air, I think it's in the Captain's pages if I remember rightly. Nice touch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheating scummy bastards was the difference between the 2 teams.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will Buckley and CMS both dived at least 5 times during that game. Buckley in particular was disgusting.

yawn...your ever increasing post count on here makes me laugh..you got no home to go to? Are we referring to the barge into Buckley in the penalty area....have a look at your own players ..my grandama could stay vertical on ice better than your lot...u won...but no one likes a gloater

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:lolol: Bolasie? What do you base the "destroyed" comment on? The fact you were completely impotent from open play and relied on two penalties and a good header from a corner to score. We were never really troubled in open play, surely you can't argue with that? Apart from the Murray header from a dangerous cross from the left in the second half (admittedly, that might have been Bolasie but there's a ruddy great pole in the way!), from open play we were totally comfortable defending against your wingers.

I based the "destroyed" comment on the fact that Bolasie was by far the best performer on the pitch today, he made Bruno look f*cking shite. He ran rings around you despite the fact that you kept every single player you had behind the ball camped around your own box. We had to work hard to break you down because you were so bloody defensive, but eventually we got through. Three times.

If we didn't get the two penalties and the players weren't fouled, we would have scored twice. We also had several chances from open play, which you'll see on the highlights tonight if you can refrain from squirming for long enough to watch them :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I based the "destroyed" comment on the fact that Bolasie was by far the best performer on the pitch today, he made Bruno look f*cking shite. He ran rings around you despite the fact that you kept every single player you had behind the ball camped around your own box. We had to work hard to break you down because you were so bloody defensive, but eventually we got through. Three times.

If we didn't get the two penalties and the players weren't fouled, we would have scored twice. We also had several chances from open play, which you'll see on the highlights tonight if you can refrain from squirming for long enough to watch them :D

ignore button pressed your bllx post count has gone over the 50% level...ta ta

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Zaha looked decent though to be fair, didn't really offer any sort of end product on the day but dribbling wise he looked decent. Nice couple of dives too. I like how the programme has a picture of him diving through the air, I think it's in the Captain's pages if I remember rightly. Nice touch.

You managed to get the ticket then Ninj. :cry:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Simple the way palace set themselves out
Two tuff centre midfielders who win the ball back
Two pacy wingers who run at people
A striker who brings them altogether and knows where the net is
Simple football where we always look like scoring

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

You didn't get through the defence, just to say for a third time, you scored from a corner and then two penalties. In open play, you were utterly impotent and posed no threat at all. I'm interested in seeing the penalty decisions again, both looked dubious from where we were but the referee was desperate to give them.

Bolasie really wasn't as good as you're making him out to be.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Based on that game every single one of your players is a cheat

How do those grapes taste, sour? :lol:

Thought we played some great stuff without getting out of 3rd gear, Bolasie aside who gets a 10. Bruno was shocking and will be having nightmares for weeks about Yannick.

Anyone blaming the ref for a clear red is pretty poor, Bolasie was clean through. From then on it was hard for us to break you down as you parked the bus with all 10 men behind the ball.

Both clear pens from where I was sitting.

Bolasie aside, I thought Jedinak was immense, Bridcutt is good but he's no Jedi.

Fair play to your fans that stayed till the end.

Last edited:

May 27, 2011
Been a long time since I have seen such a one sided derby (well not since some game at the Amex at least). And pathetically all you lot can do is cry cheat. It was men verses boys at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here