Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The main difference between us and Palace

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I based the "destroyed" comment on the fact that Bolasie was by far the best performer on the pitch today, he made Bruno look f*cking shite. He ran rings around you despite the fact that you kept every single player you had behind the ball camped around your own box. We had to work hard to break you down because you were so bloody defensive, but eventually we got through. Three times.

If we didn't get the two penalties and the players weren't fouled, we would have scored twice. We also had several chances from open play, which you'll see on the highlights tonight if you can refrain from squirming for long enough to watch them :D

Classic Old Git

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Been a long time since I have seen such a one sided derby (well not since some game at the Amex at least). And pathetically all you lot can do is cry cheat. It was men verses boys at times.

Again, such a blind opinion. I'm all for Palace fans coming on here and giving it the biggun about the win, fair play for that it's your day and we'd be doing the same. But seriously, if you can't see that you've been very fortunate with the circumstances today, then you're in your own little world.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
How do those grapes taste, sour? :lol:

Thought we played some great stuff without getting out of 3rd gear, Bolasie aside who gets a 10. Bruno was shocking and will be having nightmares for weeks about Yannick.

Anyone blaming the ref for a clear red is pretty poor, Bolsie was clean through. From then on it was hard for us to break you down as you parked the bus with all 10 men behind the ball.

Both clear pens from where I was sitting.

Bolasie aside, I thought Jedinak was immense, Bridcutt is good but he's no Jefi.

Fair play to your fans that stayed till the end.

Can't stand cheats, but what else can we expect from your lot? Dikachoi should have been sent off. Dunks red was soft and set the standard of officiating for the afternoon. Not sour grapes just facts. Its easy to play some great stuff when its 12 v 10 for 84 mins. Don't like the facts then clear off to YOUR OWN FORUM.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Bridcutt was the best player on the pitch by far.

Difference on the night was an early bath for Dunk. Shame El-Abd and Bridge weren't ready!

If Bolasie and Zaha got injured, then what? You need a big squad in this league, Palace have been lucky with injuries. Murray was suspended against Hull and they failed to score. I'd like to see how they would cope without them for a month.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Been a long time since I have seen such a one sided derby (well not since some game at the Amex at least). And pathetically all you lot can do is cry cheat. It was men verses boys at times.

Take the shit out of your eyes and you'll find 12v10 makes for a one sided match.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Thought Buckley had a blinder, better than Zaha :D

As a Palace fan I have to agree, Buckley was better than Zaha, better than Murray, better than Bolasie, better than Parr, better than Garvan, better than Moritz, better than Delaney, better than...... etc etc :wanker:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bridcutt was the best player on the pitch by far.

Difference on the night was an early bath for Dunk. Shame El-Abd and Bridge weren't ready!

If Bolasie and Zaha got injured, then what? You need a big squad in this league, Palace have been lucky with injuries. Murray was suspended against Hull and they failed to score. I'd like to see how they would cope without them for a month.

Bridcutt wasn't even the best defensive midfielder on the pitch. He was probably your best player but that doesn't mean anything. He wouldn't get anywhere near our team based on that performance - then again neither would any of your other players. Sorry.

As for lucky with injuries, we've had one of our best players in Williams and our captain McCarthy out all season. Hardly lucky. We only need to make it to January, when we can sign another couple of players to provide cover for Murray and Bolasie/Wilf. Get a decent winger and a striker in and we'll probably go up.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Can't stand cheats, but what else can we expect from your lot? Dikachoi should have been sent off. Dunks red was soft and set the standard of officiating for the afternoon. Not sour grapes just facts. Its easy to play some great stuff when its 12 v 10 for 84 mins. Don't like the facts then clear off to YOUR OWN FORUM.

Really? Gus's statement was that it was a penalty... I read on one of your threads that you shouldn't underestimate Bolasie... it looks as if Dunks did, Bolasie has pace & with him on one side & Zaha on the other any defender is going to stuggle getting the ball from them without a foul.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bridcutt wasn't even the best defensive midfielder on the pitch. He was probably your best player but that doesn't mean anything. He wouldn't get anywhere near our team based on that performance - then again neither would any of your other players. Sorry.

As for lucky with injuries, we've had one of our best players in Williams and our captain McCarthy out all season. Hardly lucky. We only need to make it to January, when we can sign another couple of players to provide cover for Murray and Bolasie/Wilf. Get a decent winger and a striker in and we'll probably go up.

Didn't both play for you last season when you were pretty shit and mere fodder? All of a sudden they're amazing? I don't buy it.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As Ian Holloway said after his debut: "Zaha and Bolasie are the best winger pairing in this league... God help you with those two running at you"

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Didn't both play for you last season when you were pretty shit and mere fodder? All of a sudden they're amazing? I don't buy it.

Williams was out for most of last season too. McCarthy was our first choice CB, and we had the 3rd best defense in the league or something like that.

They would both struggle to get back into the team now on current form, but there is cover there in defensive and in midfield. We only need to bring in some cover up front and on the wing.

You saw today what a Palace side can do without really getting out of second gear. We beat you comfortably 3-0, we beat Derby 5-0, we beat Blackburn (as easily as we beat you) 2-0, etc.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we can blame Palace for diving today. We lost because we lost a man in the first few minutes. What might have happened after that? Who knows.

What we can say is that Palace played well and we played badly, but by then the die was cast.

We are a good side. We are challenging for a play off place because we're a good side. Palace are playing well and the table doesn't lie. However, it's not even Christmas yet, so we have plenty of time to cement a promotion winning run, just as I'm sure Palace fans are thinking that they have a long time to be looking over their shoulders and plenty of time to be spent wondering whether they will slip down the league.

It's about 46 games, not one or two. Let's keep things in perspective even if we are all feeling a little raw.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really? Gus's statement was that it was a penalty... I read on one of your threads that you shouldn't underestimate Bolasie... it looks as if Dunks did, Bolasie has pace & with him on one side & Zaha on the other any defender is going to stuggle getting the ball from them without a foul.

and another...click click

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Williams was out for most of last season too. McCarthy was our first choice CB, and we had the 3rd best defense in the league or something like that.

They would both struggle to get back into the team now on current form, but there is cover there in defensive and in midfield. We only need to bring in some cover up front and on the wing.

You saw today what a Palace side can do without really getting out of second gear. We beat you comfortably 3-0, we beat Derby 5-0, we beat Blackburn (as easily as we beat you) 2-0, etc.

Jonathan Williams looked class at the Amex, another one off the production line. Naturally I'm not so glowing in how good you were, or how easily you won the game. Circumstance dictated that you weren't really tested, which is a shame from our perspective but I'm guessing the circumstances don't really mean anything when you've won 3-0. Fair play to Murray for not celebrating either or his goals, not that it makes much difference. I sincerely hope you're given a damn good thrashing at some point, having had a bloke sent off within 5 minutes and then the opposition being given a couple of penalties. Just for balance! I'm done for the evening on here, enjoy the win pal, and we shall meet again!
:thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Funny, I didn't mention either your submarine or other pen (no worse than the foul on bucca in the area in the first half)

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Can't stand cheats, but what else can we expect from your lot? Dikachoi should have been sent off. Dunks red was soft and set the standard of officiating for the afternoon. Not sour grapes just facts. Its easy to play some great stuff when its 12 v 10 for 84 mins. Don't like the facts then clear off to YOUR OWN FORUM.[/QUOTE]

But we like this forum :banana:

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
I know this will upset most on here but I have to say that the one person you would expect to show a bit of pride today would be the club captain. However i'm afraid not for the first time this season he appeared well out of his depth, not only in his roll as captain but also in his defending. What he did to give away the second penalty was nothing short of embarrassing, he seemed to pull out of the challenge while the ball was still in flight (dont think ive ever seen him win a header) and then appeared to blatantly push their player. The sooner Bridcutt is given the armband the better. It was yet another commanding performance from him and an example to the rest of the team (with the exception of Calderon).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here