Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "JCL" attitude

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Maybe put a leaflet on their seats at Falmer explaining the huge effort and suffering the fans have gone through while they have been at home watching Man U/Chelsea etc..

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nobody can change when they are born...in several years time these so called JCLs will be long time supporters and others will come along after them and so on,lets welcome all supporters,young,old (as in my case),we all have different opinions and views but the one thing we have in common is that we all support the Albion,so lets stop slagging people off just because they have just joined.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So you think I came on here and immedietly started ripping into the old school for fun? My point is and always was, that just because some people dont post every day or have 5000 posts that they are classed as a JCL. As Edna wrote in her brilliant post, some less fortunate than others may not have been in a position to attend EVERY game. Some people may not have been able to just go to the game on a sat afternoon. These people may well have followed the club thier entire lives, they live and breath the club, but the second they come on here they get slaughtered for being a JCL. Perhaps it's just me but I find that disrespectful and unfriendly. We ALL support the same team, why do these people want to create some kind of 'divide'? I've had enough of this topic to be honest, We must be the only club who want to make life difficault and unpleasent for each other. Unreal...

No we are not, have a look on some Liverpool forums, there are plenty that want Anfield to be closed to JCL, and on some forums newbies just get completely ignored, at least on here people have to good grace to be rude.

And yes i spend time on a Liverpool forum so I am a JCL.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Nobody can change when they are born...in several years time these so called JCLs will be long time supporters and others will come along after them and so on,lets welcome all supporters,young,old (as in my case),we all have different opinions and views but the one thing we have in common is that we all support the Albion,so lets stop slagging people off just because they have just joined.

Agreed

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No we are not, have a look on some Liverpool forums, there are plenty that want Anfield to be closed to JCL, and on some forums newbies just get completely ignored, at least on here people have to good grace to be rude.

And yes i spend time on a Liverpool forum so I am a JCL.

Yes we are Liverpool we last won a title in 1989 so if your going to slag off the team (unless your were there back then you can't) your a jcl-i get it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes we are Liverpool we last won a title in 1989 so if your going to slag off the team (unless your were there back then you can't) your a jcl-i get it.

2001,2005 and 2006 would have attracted some new fans i think.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
2001,2005 and 2006 would have attracted some new fans i think.

2005 would have for sure but these are merely JCL games-bread & butter they are not.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Personally I move there should be an NSC JCL sub-board so we don't have to tolerate their ignorant JCL witterings. I think September 2009 seems a fair cut-off point to keep the 2nd and 3rd class below deck. Put in 2 years service and THEN you can post here. WSU Roost remains exclusive of course to WSU ST holders who can demonstrate a relative (however distant) who once played for or was on the board for the club, have an IQ over 130, and have at least once let blood and mixed it with old goldstone turf in a plant pot or the garden in a weird voodoo ritual.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally I move there should be an NSC JCL sub-board so we don't have to tolerate their ignorant JCL witterings. I think September 2009 seems a fair cut-off point to keep the 2nd and 3rd class below deck. Put in 2 years service and THEN you can post here. WSU Roost remains exclusive of course to WSU ST holders who can demonstrate a relative (however distant) who once played for or was on the board for the club, have an IQ over 130, and have at least once let blood and mixed it with old goldstone turf in a plant pot or the garden in a weird voodoo ritual.

Convenient some would say-just don't lock the gates from 3rd class to 2nd please

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
A JCL to the Albion is, .... er, .... well, .... a JCL. A new poster on NSC is a 'newbie'. Obviously you can be a 'newbie' in NSC terms but a longstanding/lapsed/returning Albion fan in 'real life'.

Yes, indeed. But my point was that there is a lack of clarity in which definition is being used when people use each of those terms - a point ably demonstrated by the subsequent posts.

I for one welcome 'Newbies' and 'JCLs', as long as they show a bit of 'form' and follow the 'rule suggestions' I set out (post no. 140).

Maybe we need an NSC Glossary...?!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's all fun and banter on here-you have well respected long term posters wums jcls and newbie(that's me) some take it to extreme but as my signature states,as in life as well....

"for some it's a dream,others a game but when all is said and done the objective remains the same"

Like so

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
your right 89-90

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How anybody living in Sussex and having no connection to Manchester can support a team up there is beyond me.

That's not supporting a team, that's watching Coronation Street and sending in letters to the characters.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
good point. 3rd class must get a seagull tattoo on their calf and use the palace boards for a month in brutal hazing to prove their loyalty.

How about a seagull tatto on their fist, fresh, and see if it transfers to a palace face(sorry!calm down dear) which do you suggest Holmesdale.net or palace bbs

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In order to sustain an average gate of any size there has to be a fan base-

5,000 to 7,000 regulars at Withdean? well the club some while back had nearing/just over 20,000 registered members well before construction of Falmer & any talk of JCL's.

I went to virtually every game at the Goldstone 1988 to 1997 and did some at Gillingham-due to working commitments was less so at Withdean and have only seen the Leyton Orient & Colchester home games this season.

I am new to the board-NSC but have registered a long time ago 2004 but did not use the account.

But i follow on radio and internet,Argus etc - attend once in a while- and will not be getting a ST this season due to working most saturday's.

My brother is going with mates this season who have not been since the Goldstone days.

Yes i get the JCL argument and there will be a percentage who have never seen us play but an awful lot of people i know who are going have waited are in fact Albions sleeping support who have always been fans.

In 2001 - 2002 & 2004 if we had a ground large enough we would have got the crowds

Does the 4th paragraph qualify for 3rd class?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here