Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear, someone not getting their oats again

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Hey Guys

I have been reading through this post and I feel a bit sad and angry
It seems success has mad us all a bit screwy. I live in Australia so it is a bit hard to get to games, But I used to go and see the Albion all the time in the 70,s I was at Newcastle when we were promoted I was at palace and took my kicking at Pompy and Millwall.
The people on here who are calling people JCL should hang there heads in shame REALLY What are you saying should new fans be banned fron buying season tickets? What makes your money better than anyone else's Clubs grow get used to it I get annoyed when I hear fools saying I was there when it was tough so why should a JCL get my season ticket How dare they support my club. I Love the Albion but took a choice to move to Australia If i came back and baught a season ticket would i be abused with the title of JCL even though I have seen hundreds of games all over the country. Please Please Please put an end to this in fighting and lets drop this JCL attitude It makes me really sad that all the success our club has had we revert back to back biting and infighting YOU are ALL so lucky to be a part of a new dawn of a new Albion My thoughts are with you

Steve in Oz

I always love it on NSC when people imagine a vast group of opposition to their argument so that they might get on their soap box and make some kind of speech. How many people on this thread have actually said any of the things you're accusing lots of people of saying?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im a so called bad fan:lol:
Only go to a few away games a season and only went to withdean once:clap:

Lets not forget i had a season ticket at gillingham and used to go all the time,the fans like me have never gone away:clap:

Yes i have a season ticket:clap:

All these so called manure,liverpool and chelsea fans stories are rubbish as its a real tiny minority and i mean tiny.Probably 90% of all kids support one of the so called big four as thats all they see on t.v and in the papers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I always love it on NSC when people imagine a vast group of opposition to their argument so that they might get on their soap box and make some kind of speech. How many people on this thread have actually said any of the things you're accusing lots of people of saying?
Spot on, and he's by no means the only offender. Apart from Beach Hut pointing out that those who 'served' during the 'war years' may know a few more historic details than those who didn't I can't find anywhere in 264 posts anybody remotely espousing the views that 'Steve in Oz' says. (Also I can't believe some people thought there was any connection between Amex STHs and NSC post counts, but that's just a personal gripe)

Anyway, depressed by the high number of fuckwitted buffoons posting on this thread I went down the pub where I got chatting to a woman who I know has no interest in football. Her work have bought two STs for the Amex next year to share amongst the staff and she's looking forward to going. Absolutely 100% fair enough. Anyway having explained the difference between the Champions' League and the ChampionSHIP and saying, no, Chelsea won't be there next year unless we draw them in a cup (brief diversion whilst I explained about the different cup competitions) she asked if the restaurants would be open whilst the game was on so she'd have somewhere to go if the match was boring.

I don't repeat that story as any kind of dig, I actually said to her it's brilliant that she wants to go and that she'll soon get into it and not want to wander off a third of the way through to get a coffee. But the bottom line is we ARE going to have a mixture of fans next year - WHICH IS GREAT!

EDIT: Thought I'd better add the last three words before some other fuckwitted buffoon rants on about how terrible it is that everybody on NSC with a post count of 1000+ thinks all new fans should be banned.

Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Bollocks to any justification, put all the JCL and newbie threads to bed. Then all of us get 100% behind the lads all of the time. Arguing amongst ourselves makes us look more small time than all of the SCC threads put together.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There are a few potential REAL negatives associated with the JCLs. A key one for me is th we're going to have to put up with endless shit from opposing fans singing "where were you when you were shit?". Much like "does your boyfriend know you're here?" but even less amusing.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bollocks to any justification, put all the JCL and newbie threads to bed. Then all of us get 100% behind the lads all of the time. Arguing amongst ourselves makes us look more small time than all of the SCC threads put together.
Actually it's the exact opposite; all the big clubs have 'old' fans who moan about 'new' fans. My brother and a mate of mine (both Chelsea fans) have said separately that they wouldn't mind a couple of bad seasons as it would shed some of the post-Abramovich JCLs who think supporting Chelsea is all about winning trophies.

It's the clubs who HAVEN'T got any JCLs who look small-time, I mean, how many Darlington JCLs do you know?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I'm a bit confused about how people got season tickets if they had no connection with the club? I got an offer of a season ticket as I have a purchase history for tickets etc. As apparently the vast majority of season tickets were sold before they went on general sale there can't be that many totally new fans surely? I'm not trying to prolong this boring debate but I think I must have missed something.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
I really don't mind the JCL's that will be at Falmer but what really fucks me off is when they talk about the Albion as if they know what they are talking about, that is what really pisses me off. They can come and support the Albion, all the merrier but what i f***ing despise is 'new' fans coming and trying to overcome and talk about the Albion as they've been going for many years. Oh and please if i see any 'fan' at Falmer wearing any other clubs shirt, eg. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool then i will say something.

That is all.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Actually it's the exact opposite; all the big clubs have 'old' fans who moan about 'new' fans. My brother and a mate of mine (both Chelsea fans) have said separately that they wouldn't mind a couple of bad seasons as it would shed some of the post-Abramovich JCLs who think supporting Chelsea is all about winning trophies.

It's the clubs who HAVEN'T got any JCLs who look small-time, I mean, how many Darlington JCLs do you know?

I think you have a point there Brovion, one that I hadn't considered. I still think that we should try and pull together rather than arguing whose the most loyal and whose been a fan longer. I certainly don't want to see any other clubs top (other than the away fans) at The Amex, but I think that there will inevitably be new supporters, and that some of that new support will not renew their season tickets if the club are falling away at the end of the season. I have only one other thing to say on the matter, and that is......

A huge thank you to every single person that has been behind this club in it's darkest hour. What you achieved is nothing less than miraculous. Without you this club would be no more and we wouldn't be talking like this on NSC. Due to very serious illness, I could not help out back then, but I will always be eternally grateful to those of you who made sure that myself and people like me, are going to be able to enjoy supporting the Albion at Falmer for a long time to come.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
JCLs make a change from 1901 bashing I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really don't mind the JCL's that will be at Falmer but what really fucks me off is when they talk about the Albion as if they know what they are talking about, that is what really pisses me off. They can come and support the Albion, all the merrier but what i f***ing despise is 'new' fans coming and trying to overcome and talk about the Albion as they've been going for many years. Oh and please if i see any 'fan' at Falmer wearing any other clubs shirt, eg. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool then i will say something.

That is all.

how do these new fans "talk about the Albion as though they have been coming for years"? Do they genuinly try and hoodwink you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
**** = most successful i presume.......chelsea , arsenal and citeh have all done their best this year and still look like coming up short thus far , i for one hop man . u win the champions league because at the end of the day they are an english side.

I can't tell if that's a joke/fishing comment, but in case it's not, do you seriously think Arsenal and Chelsea have 'done their best'? I hate man utd, but even I would admit that even they haven't performed as well as they can. If either Chelsea or Arsenal did their best they would be walking the league this year. That they are where they are is a sign that they haven't done their best.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
how do these new fans "talk about the Albion as though they have been coming for years"? Do they genuinly try and hoodwink you?

Yes they do, hence why i said it, mate. Maybe not people you know, but definitely people i know talk about how "we've only done well because of all the money we've spent" and the examples carry on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There are a few potential REAL negatives associated with the JCLs. A key one for me is th we're going to have to put up with endless shit from opposing fans singing "where were you when you were shit?". Much like "does your boyfriend know you're here?" but even less amusing.

We've already had it at the Withdean this season, I forgot who from though, perhaps Plymouth?

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

JCL/Newby/Old Git here

Notters would just like to say it is better than having an empty stadium and I don't think we have ever been shit!! Perhaps we should get our answer ready before they sing it?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Welcome to The Brighton Family at the AMEX, I think you'll find that most "Loyal" supporters like myself were a little bit miffed at this so called 1901 club getting first shot at tickets when we spent 2 years (as season ticket holders) travelling to Gillingham on a cold rainy night in the middle of November, knowing we would be beaten by the likes of Barnet, etc...

You my friend haven't got a clue, leave the season ticket for a true Brighton fan.....Please continue to be a plastic Manc !!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here