Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "JCL" attitude

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I don't because i hate them, their attitude, ferguson and their players with a passion. Any other English team and i'm right on board.

Their latest song is "WE DO WHAT WE WANT" Clearly not.....I predict you'll win feck all this season

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
And to watch those double decker's as we sped past them on the M25 cut a hole in your heart. True, true supporters !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Those of us that have supported Brighton since childhood do so because we were lucky enough that our fathers (or mothers, uncles, grandads) took us along. Its a sad fact but I don't think its unique to Brighton - kids won't decide to support a lower league team by themselves. If people want to come along and become supporters later in life, that's fantastic in my view. Don't worry about them claiming to support a prem team - as long as we make an atmosphere and aren't a plastic club, they'll realise how they've been wrong all their life.

I agree. I'm not from Sussex, didn't originally support Brighton, but with a 5 year old boy ready to have a club imprinted on his brain, I'm delighted to have been able to take him to his local team whether Withdean, League Two, Falmer, Championship whatever, we are along for the ride. Maybe I'll never 'feel' it quite like a supporter that has been a fan since a kid, but I know my son will. Having lived in a variety of places, Brighton is the first where the whole town is genuinely passionate about it's sports teams, whether football or cricket. I love it here!

I agree. I'm not from Sussex, didn't originally support Brighton, but with a 5 year old boy ready to have a club imprinted on his brain, I'm delighted to have been able to take him to his local team whether Withdean, League Two, Falmer, Championship whatever, we are along for the ride. Maybe I'll never 'feel' it quite like a supporter that has been a fan since a kid, but I know my son will. Having lived in a variety of places, Brighton is the first where the whole town is genuinely passionate about it's sports teams, whether football or cricket. I love it here!

brighton? are you not from hove? splitter:hilton:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
My father's neighbour is like this - when we beat Peterborough away he said to me Lualua played really well, when he didnt play. Last Monday he congratulated me on our win at Colchester

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My dad, who doesn't really know much about football, recently asked me whether Jimmy Case still played for us. :ohmy:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nothing wrong with that mate, you don't have to explain yourself to all the people on this forum with inferiority complexes

Ow the irony!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Welcome to The Brighton Family at the AMEX, I think you'll find that most "Loyal" supporters like myself were a little bit miffed at this so called 1901 club getting first shot at tickets when we spent 2 years (as season ticket holders) travelling to Gillingham on a cold rainy night in the middle of November, knowing we would be beaten by the likes of Barnet, etc...

You my friend haven't got a clue, leave the season ticket for a true Brighton fan.....Please continue to be a plastic Manc !!!!!!!!!!!

A very close family member of mine - fan since the early 1970's & current season ticket holder -did Gillingham has one of those 1901 tickets.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The great majority of our new ST holders are going to be people who, if they were ever asked which football team they supported, would have said "Brighton". They may not have attended games for years, or only sporadically, but been unable to justify the cost of a ST on that basis. They might live further away, they might be among the great numbers who were turned off by the Gillingham experience, or the general pain-in-the-arse situation regarding getting tickets for Withdean. Twenty years ago, local people might have found themselves in town on a Saturday morning, realised they had nothing else to do, and popped down to the Albion for the afternoon. Withdean has made that, if not impossible, certainly a drag which lots of people might not be bothered with.

This is exactly what I mean, this is what winds me up about this JCL term, people like these, like me, get called JCL's when they have suported the club for 30 years, maybe more. Fantastic post Edna

You aren't a JCL if you've been to the goldstone. Christ there's a lot of JCL wanabees on this thread...what's wrong with you people? It's like THAT scene from Sparticus, everyone wanting to be crucified. It's as if people are ashamed to be an Uber-fan. Like me obviously...(I'm not ashamed for the record, I was at Hereford don't you know)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You find ONE post where I've said anything LIKE that, in fact if you'd bothered to read the thread rather than just adding your twopennyworth at the bottom you'll find I've said the complete opposite. Go on, read it again and then come back and apologise. Doubt you will though.

(Oh and I'm not a regular at Withdean, haven't been since Wilkins was sacked)

I couldn't have said it better. Think Tezz79 is one of those who'd beat himself up if alone in a paper bag. He's angry and he's mad. Indeed, a badass in ghetto speak I believe.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe put a leaflet on their seats at Falmer explaining the huge effort and suffering the fans have gone through while they have been at home watching Man U/Chelsea etc..

I have heard the supporters club are looking into the costs associated with this. I'd support under the banner "educational"

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Agree with Goldwithfalmer (606 regular too ?) having been to hundreds of Albion games thru 80's and 90's including Hereford, Gillingham on several occasions and last had a season ticket in 2002 I know of dozens of returning fans.. some of the the old North Stand regulars just could not do Withdean and some have had kids and are now coming back.. I cannot wait for the Amex and have my seat with loads of my mates.

I've never considered myself a hard core 5,000 whom I admire for putting up with it... but who do they think used to fill the Goldstone ?? the majority of the extra 12,000 are sleeping Albion fans who should be welcomed back.

One observations is some of the new songs (even away) dont match up to the old North stand.. hopefully that will change at the Amex ?

Agree

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
& I'm not angry I'm happy as larry mate, took it all personally when I 1st joined the forum but there's so much of it it gets kinda funny

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can't wait till we get to the Premier league-obviously Falmer at 30,000 will not be big enough-i therefore propose to start advanced stages of planning for a 55,000 super stadium to cater for the inevitable.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hey Guys

I have been reading through this post and I feel a bit sad and angry
It seems success has mad us all a bit screwy. I live in Australia so it is a bit hard to get to games, But I used to go and see the Albion all the time in the 70,s I was at Newcastle when we were promoted I was at palace and took my kicking at Pompy and Millwall.
The people on here who are calling people JCL should hang there heads in shame REALLY What are you saying should new fans be banned fron buying season tickets? What makes your money better than anyone else's Clubs grow get used to it I get annoyed when I hear fools saying I was there when it was tough so why should a JCL get my season ticket How dare they support my club. I Love the Albion but took a choice to move to Australia If i came back and baught a season ticket would i be abused with the title of JCL even though I have seen hundreds of games all over the country. Please Please Please put an end to this in fighting and lets drop this JCL attitude It makes me really sad that all the success our club has had we revert back to back biting and infighting YOU are ALL so lucky to be a part of a new dawn of a new Albion My thoughts are with you

Steve in Oz

Utter utter bollocks. You've got a kangaroo loose in the top paddock, bruce. No one's said this at all. Except you of course, ranting off on a right leftfield having spectacularly mis-read the question. Bet you were one of those who didn't discover question 4 on the back of the paper until 2mins to go...?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Got singled out in 1 of my 1st threads for asking why WSL seats hadn't gone before the north stand Wich got my back up a bit, I only asked as I prefer watching matches from the side due to being stuck behind the goal at withdean (Wich seemed miles away from the action) but it's fine.... I'm enjoying NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here