Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "JCL" attitude

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
May I make a polite suggestion. Slagging posters on this board and calling people names is not going to assist you in putting your point across, or indeed endearing anyone to your case etc.

Does anyone else get the feeling that there are a few palace fans using new log ons for a wind up. Surely that Man Utd in Sussex one, has to be a wind up.

I am all for new fans... the lost generation of supporter etc. But just so any newbies can maybe just have a tiny amount of understanding, let me explain it like this.

Imagine you work in an office for 20 years doing the same role and become very expert and senior. You have put up with the years of shit, and increased workloads etc. Then along comes a spotty faced 17 year old out of college and works in the same office and ends up being paid the same as you do for the same job without the same seniority or responsibility. It's not a problem, you just carry on and get on with it, take the spotty youth under your wing. But then how would you feel down the pub at lunchtime if he starts taking the piss and rubbing your nose in the fact that he gets paid the same as you although you have been here 20 years.

This could be the shittest post ever, but that's kinda how it feels to some. People have endured the Shit and now the JCL's have come along to join in with the good times on the same salary. It's great , I genuinely do not think anyone gives a monkeys on here regardless of what they post. But for christ sake don't start giving people grief on here and rubbing people's noses in it. And this talk of wearing other shirts to the Amex will make many ( Myself included ) ******* IRATE.

Other than that. It's great for the club. Oh, and hurry up and learn all the songs. Drunken loud singing is mandatory at every game. Cough...ahem, just like the Withdean.
we both gave as good as we got in other threads and have sorted it now. ive NEVER been a palace fan btw lol brighton born and bred as were my mother,father, wife, and 5 children haha

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This x 1 million. You all act as if it's a private forum and anyone who dares to sign up or join in is a JCL. They no nothing compared to you 'super' fans, It's utter bollocks, tounge in cheek or not, grow up and stop living in the past. As already mentioned, a more welcoming, friendly response to new forum users should be the way forward.

I personally have much more of a problem with people coming onto NSC and complaning about the atmosphere or dictating how the forum should be run than those who have a problem with JCLs. One might receive a more 'friendly' response if one didn't feel the need to tell people who've been around much longer (and act as if it's a private forum) to 'grow up'.

I agree with Edna's post on the whole but I honestly think that for every 1 person who genuinely has a problem with JCLs in any form there is 10 people who would accuse anyone who expresses any concern about JCLs as part of a mob who would prefer Brighton to be playing Division 4 football in Withdean for the rest of time, when clearly the two things don't necessarily equate.

Got no problem with 'JCLs', will have a problem with anyone behind me who is more interested in the Premiership scores than watching the game though.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Well if you're going to admit that I didn't say anything about only Withdean regulars being 'worthy to attend matches' and that I don't want to see a half-empty stadium then yes, I'll agree with you, sometimes NSC can be a bit cliquey and a bit unwelcoming and daunting to new users. But that IS different issue. You can be an STH at the Amex and never set a virtual foot inside NSC.

And you're quite entitled to think that the JCL discussions aren't worth having, that's a perfectly valid opinion. But I think the length of this thread shows that most would disagree!

yeah your probably right its just a shame its an issue & we cant just all enjoy how well our club have done, there will always be fans that are more dedicated and get to more games but that shouldnt stop everyone else enjoying it as i think its a good morale booster for the players & club aswell

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I personally have much more of a problem with people coming onto NSC and complaning about the atmosphere or dictating how the forum should be run than those who have a problem with JCLs. One might receive a more 'friendly' response if one didn't feel the need to tell people who've been around much longer (and act as if it's a private forum) to 'grow up'.

I agree with Edna's post on the whole but I honestly think that for every 1 person who genuinely has a problem with JCLs in any form there is 10 people who would accuse anyone who expresses any concern about JCLs as part of a mob who would prefer Brighton to be playing Division 4 football in Withdean for the rest of time, when clearly the two things don't necessarily equate.

Got no problem with 'JCLs', will have a problem with anyone behind me who is more interested in the Premiership scores than watching the game though.

I think there is also bound to be some tension between fans who gave a lot of their time and effort to influence the stadium and those that just arrive and not really understand all the effort that was put in or the heart ache so many went through.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I think there is also bound to be some tension between fans who gave a lot of their time and effort to influence the stadium and those that just arrive and not really understand all the effort that was put in or the heart ache so many went through.
yeah but i would think most residents of brighton understand what the club & supporters went through & the hard fought battle to finally get the go ahead .... wouldnt they ?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there are any genuine "newer Fans" on here. Maybe some of the slightly younger one's who "think" they are a United / Liverpool / Chelski fan. Nothing, AND I DO MEAN NOTHING for any of those teams will come close to how it feels when you are truly a hooked Albion addict. You will know you have the bug, when we go 1 down in a game and it makes you feel sick to the pit of your stomach. When for example you go to Palace away and you are on tenterhooks all day, and you are so ridiculously nervous, because it actually matters that much. And these bad bits are what make the good bits soooo much better. You will never get the same feeling or passion watching any side on the TV, and being a part time distance "FAN" ish. I cannot even imagine that being a season ticket holder at one of those clubs could allow that same feeling of belonging, and being a part of it.
Throw away all your other teams shirts, forget all about them. After 10 games screaming on the Albion you won't give a toss, and it will be the best decision you ever made.

That is all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yeah but i would think most residents of brighton understand what the club & supporters went through & the hard fought battle to finally get the go ahead .... wouldnt they ?

I would very much disagree with that if you read a lot of the stupid letters in the Argus.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

No chance.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
what would be a die hard albion fans idea of what should happen to the seats .... seriously ? i dont mean that in a funny way but who should be filling the stadium if not new fans that are willing to pay good money to watch a team they obviously want to do well

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
If there are any genuine "newer Fans" on here. Maybe some of the slightly younger one's who "think" they are a United / Liverpool / Chelski fan. Nothing, AND I DO MEAN NOTHING for any of those teams will come close to how it feels when you are truly a hooked Albion addict. You will know you have the bug, when we go 1 down in a game and it makes you feel sick to the pit of your stomach. When for example you go to Palace away and you are on tenterhooks all day, and you are so ridiculously nervous, because it actually matters that much. And these bad bits are what make the good bits soooo much better. You will never get the same feeling or passion watching any side on the TV, and being a part time distance "FAN" ish. I cannot even imagine that being a season ticket holder at one of those clubs could allow that same feeling of belonging, and being a part of it.
Throw away all your other teams shirts, forget all about them. After 10 games screaming on the Albion you won't give a toss, and it will be the best decision you ever made.

That is all.

Top post.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
what would be a die hard albion fans idea of what should happen to the seats .... seriously ? i dont mean that in a funny way but who should be filling the stadium if not new fans that are willing to pay good money to watch a team they obviously want to do well

But that is the difference, I get the feeling a lot of those that turn up are not REALLY brighton fans, they'll just drift off in a year or two when we don't go straight up and find ourselves having to grind results in the bottom half whilst we build a squad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

What do you think ?

We want a row each to ourselves and a personal butler with the prawn canapes

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

That is all.

Ruck on Tummy.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
[/B]

But that is the difference, I get the feeling a lot of those that turn up are not REALLY brighton fans, they'll just drift off in a year or two when we don't go straight up and find ourselves having to grind results in the bottom half whilst we build a squad.
well then they do deserve to be slated as they will be proven glory hunters. its obvious this next season is going to be hard but its something you just grin and bare.......thats what footballs about

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm all for converting fans some of the best conversions will be sons and daughters of Palace fans who have moved to Sussex from London and say mum dad sorry but we live in Brighton i'm following them as they are my local team.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

So you think I came on here and immedietly started ripping into the old school for fun? My point is and always was, that just because some people dont post every day or have 5000 posts that they are classed as a JCL. As Edna wrote in her brilliant post, some less fortunate than others may not have been in a position to attend EVERY game. Some people may not have been able to just go to the game on a sat afternoon. These people may well have followed the club thier entire lives, they live and breath the club, but the second they come on here they get slaughtered for being a JCL. Perhaps it's just me but I find that disrespectful and unfriendly. We ALL support the same team, why do these people want to create some kind of 'divide'? I've had enough of this topic to be honest, We must be the only club who want to make life difficault and unpleasent for each other. Unreal...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So you think I came on here and immedietly started ripping into the old school for fun? My point is and always was, that just because some people dont post every day or have 5000 posts that they are classed as a JCL. As Edna wrote in her brilliant post, some less fortunate than others may not have been in a position to attend EVERY game. Some people may not have been able to just go to the game on a sat afternoon. These people may well have followed the club thier entire lives, they live and breath the club, but the second they come on here they get slaughtered for being a JCL. Perhaps it's just me but I find that disrespectful and unfriendly. We ALL support the same team, why do these people want to create some kind of 'divide'? I've had enough of this topic to be honest, We must be the only club who want to make life difficault and unpleasent for each other. Unreal...

There is no divide at all however please ensure my seat is cleaned prior to each home game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
haha maybe a few of gullys girls serving the prawns instead of the butlers

Nice thought but might mean a jail sentance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here