Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Interview of the Century

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Overnight viewing figures for this were 11 million.

:ffsparr:

Unless there’s some talent show finale this week, it’ll be the most watched show of the week. Of course, this means that 55 million people didn’t watch it, but it’ll still be seen as a vote of confidence for celebrity tittle tattle, so expect more to come.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't believe he did this. But it was getting to the point where he was boiling over.

I have to admit that I agree with a lot of the themes that Piers has been banging on about recently. However, his rhetoric around Meghan has been exhausting and over cooked to the point that he seems to have some sort of obsession. I just don't see why he thinks its so important.

He has got this one wrong and I just don't think he had it in him to back off after the interview aired on Sunday and has just gone from 30 to 60mph in his reaction which ends up with him skidding off the road.

They were apparently "friends" at one point, and even had lunch together. Since she hooked up with Harry she's totally snubbed him though, and he simply can't take it - hence the endless tirades against her.

Seeing that fat pontificating windbag storm off the set of GMTV this morning is the best thing ITV have broadcast since the Bill Oddie episode of Through the Keyhole.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don’t really know too much about the indigenous peoples rights in Oz, but, how many of what you call ‘normal’

Aboriginals would be allowed to live like that if it wasn’t for the Aboriginal rights activists who have gone before?

A lot are regular working people. Take the NT, the most focus is on the remote communities in media, those in much larger towns and cities live very different lives.

The damaging part is they only show the vision of remote communities as an example of indigenous life. It propagates a negative image that is misleading.

Here's a video of some of my indigenous family the video highlights my Great Aunt Sheila and her family and their impact on the community though a local football club.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=397702754759128

Brilliant people. hard working, well educated and all succeeding in life while giving a lot back to the community.

Not everything is tied to activists. Many things are just tied to regular people of all backgrounds pushing through changes or creating their own thing.

Sport has been far more effective in bringing about changes and attitudes than activism and politicians have in this country imo because it's been sport that's portrayed a far more positive and truthful narrative than sections of the media.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Unless there’s some talent show finale this week, it’ll be the most watched show of the week. Of course, this means that 55 million people didn’t watch it, but it’ll still be seen as a vote of confidence for celebrity tittle tattle, so expect more to come.

More watched last years I’m a celebrity final though :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
very intricate situation , i have never spent any time in Victoria so i don't know the situation there , here in Perth there are a lot of decent folk but also a lot of out of control ones who end up locked up most of the time .

Sadly mostly all we hear about is the out of control ones. Paints a skewed picture of the indigenous population.

Time for more positive stories and change the narrative.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Crodo's obviously been dribbling in his pants for the last 48 hours!!!!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
One thing I'd like to ask, and I have no agenda here...

How many people, when Megan got pregnant, wondered how dark or light (or ginger) the baby would be when it was born? I know a couple of mixed-race couples who had children together, and it was something they actually spoke about between themselves with no issues!

The context of the question, who it was said by, and how it was said would surely come into play quite heavily - and because we don't know any of this, the absolute worst is assumed. Everyone initially assumed it was Prince Philip dancing round the room with a spear shouting "Harry's having a bladdy Gollywog!"

I think like most people I have sympathy for Harry and Meghan in many of their experiences, but there's a little bit of me which thinks Meghan was looking for trouble in others.

Who knows. None of us were there, and none of us know the full story from both sides.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
One thing I'd like to ask, and I have no agenda here...

How many people, when Megan got pregnant, wondered how dark or light (or ginger) the baby would be when it was born? I know a couple of mixed-race couples who had children together, and it was something they actually spoke about between themselves with no issues!

The context of the question, who it was said by, and how it was said would surely come into play quite heavily - and because we don't know any of this, the absolute worst is assumed. Everyone initially assumed it was Prince Philip dancing round the room with a spear shouting "Harry's having a bladdy Gollywog!"

I think like most people I have sympathy for Harry and Meghan in many of their experiences, but there's a little bit of me which thinks Meghan was looking for trouble in others.

Who knows. None of us were there, and none of us know the full story from both sides.

Nailed on assessment. But that this is exactly how she wanted it to play out. Way too many people keep failing to qualify what you have said and that is the crucial aspect of context. She throws it in there and mindless idiots take the bait! If in her mind where was no mistaking context then name and shame the person who made the remark and give them a chance to respond.

On the mental health issue did she actually need approval from the ' firm ' to get help. She has access to the best private help and any help will still be bound by patient confidentiality.

So to my mind she's played the race card. And then she plays the mental health one knowing the increased focus on it due to the pandemic and how we are all suffering to degrees.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah, but the 11 million includes my wife and I (we tuned in about half way through) and we thought it was shit. What are they going to talk about in the next installment ? Surely there’s only so many times you can slag off your in laws before everyone starts shuffling slowly out of the room ?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
One of the most racist? America? No. Not having that. I'd estimate they are in the top 10 of least racists.

And in the top 5 of most richest.

Also, I'm not sure how the couple and the royal family are all as bad as one another, simply because the couple have moved to the land of the Great Satan. What has Megan done to deserve your opprobrium? I must have missed it :shrug:

Not racist? Are you kidding me? I used to live there.

I'm not going to write a diatribe to your second response but going back back to the US would've been seen as a wonderful response by their population to an anachronistic institution which needs modernising. Something which could only be done by a strong, modern mixed-race woman who was one of their own.

Everything Meghan says and does in the US is preaching to the converted.

Surprised at you tbh.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Nailed on assessment. But that this is exactly how she wanted it to play out. Way too many people keep failing to qualify what you have said and that is the crucial aspect of context. She throws it in there and mindless idiots take the bait! If in her mind where was no mistaking context then name and shame the person who made the remark and give them a chance to respond.

On the mental health issue did she actually need approval from the ' firm ' to get help. She has access to the best private help and any help will still be bound by patient confidentiality.

So to my mind she's played the race card. And then she plays the mental health one knowing the increased focus on it due to the pandemic and how we are all suffering to degrees.

Not true though!

The ‘what colour’ or however that was said was said to Harry in private and not to Meghan.

The only reason Meghan knows is because Harry told her. The only reason she’s told the world is because Harry has agreed to it.

Has this country been brainwashed into thinking Harry is under some kind of spell!?

THIS IS ALL ABOUT HARRY.

This is his revenge for his mother, for the control he’s experienced, he wasn’t allowed to serve how he wanted to etc etc. This country seems obsessed with it all being Meghan as they were Wallace Simpson.

This interview, the timing, the content, Meghan might be fronting it, but this is blue on blue Royal Family stuff as played out throughout the ages.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Queen.jpg

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Meghan’s father and sister are now slagging her off to the press.

Using the media as a weapon will always backfire on everyone involved except the journalists.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It must have been Charles.

But it's over now.

There is one simple solution to who is the mystery Archie skin tone racist. Regardless of who actually said it, Prince Andrew needs to put his hand up and take one for the team. If nothing else, it should make him a little bit more popular than he is now - certainly with UKIP voters.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It’s truly shocking and desperately sad. A great institution many look up to , support and revere, suddenly,and publicly, verging on collapse............

I honestly don’t know how Liverpool FC will get out of this mess.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
But it's over now.

There is one simple solution to who is the mystery Archie skin tone racist. Regardless of who actually said it, Prince Andrew needs to put his hand up and take one for the team. If nothing else, it should make him a little bit more popular than he is now - certainly with UKIP voters.

I think we need a Poll

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But it's over now.

my money is on Andrew anyway. or Phillip and a lie to cover.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But it's over now.

In other news,

Religious leaders and sports coaches could be banned from having sex with 16- and 17-year-olds in their care under plans to expand child abuse laws in England and Wales.

Prince Andrew has just torn up his application for accreditation as the National under 18 Girls Netball coach.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not racist? Are you kidding me? I used to live there.

I'm not going to write a diatribe to your second response but going back back to the US would've been seen as a wonderful response by their population to an anachronistic institution which needs modernising. Something which could only be done by a strong, modern mixed-race woman who was one of their own.

Everything Meghan says and does in the US is preaching to the converted.

Surprised at you tbh.

agreed, having spent a fair bit of time in Michigan, New Orleans, California and Arizona, I can confirm America is the most racist country I have been too, it is everywhere you go, from turning left or right into a neighbourhood or gated community, they talk a good game on tv, but behind closed doors they are racist, second place goes to Australia. We have a lot of work to do in this country so we should not really be pointing fingers, but we are not even in the same league as America.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I can't be bothered to read through all of the posts on this thread, so apologies if this has already been said

Wouldn't it be fairly normal for a white family that has had a son/daughter marry a "person of colour" to speculate over the skin colour of their child? Similarly if a white person married into a black family there'd be the same speculation. And families also speculate as to whether the offspring of a couple, one of whom is a redhead, will have red hair and freckles.

That's the way of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here