Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Interview of the Century

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Or she’s saying they lied.

I am no hard line royalist but they are in a no win situation. No chance of getting Harry back if they infer his wife is not telling whole truth. They could do no more then say they will look into. In the meantime Megan and friends can carry on saying what they like.
Because Mental and Race issues were mentioned these are understandably beyond questioning. If she informed staff etc that she was really struggling with Royal lifestyle and constant attention, I can imagine she could have been repeatedly told things would get easier. I find it very hard to accept, that if they had any indication she was so bad, they would refuse help. That is what she said.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sitting in the back of a cab in Manhattan which was taking me home after a night out, my taxi was carved up by a car in front. The driver screamed "f***king n****r" at the driver of the other car. And this is just one example of my time living in NYC which is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US. I simply cannot agree with your comment on this at all.

Meghan is preaching to the converted by talking to the people she wants to but more relevantly to the press and sympathetic interviewers. The wider cultural backdrop of the US is not just that represented by Oprah Winfrey and I suspect the response in rural Alabama to her comments would be rather different to the one in Montecito. She was challenged on nothing in that interview.

Don't get me wrong, she raised genuine issues and the interview was highly valuable in that respect. But I personally think the problems in her own country concerning race vastly surpass those we see here in the UK. Its just we are lowing hanging fruit when you are 5,000 miles away.

Fair enough.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
No idea if body language is a science or snake oil or something in between, but I found this an interesting read.

https://twitter.com/Knesix/status/1369053152000020485

It is interesting because my conclusion is that far from being manipulated in anyway, Harry is too scared to front all this up. He's been bitching to his wife the whole time about how bad it all is, but doesn't have the balls to own it. The whole 'what colour' was said privately to him, alone but most likely his Dad, maybe even his brother. Now I'm all for honesty in a relationship, but some things you just let slide by – unless you yourself are angry, then you sound off to your wife and she gets angry because you're angry – the classic "but don't say anything, promise me."

The whole interview for me was Harry's inability to make this about him and not his wife. Instead she does the first half then he joins, like it's not about him. I think that body language has some things right, but not the reason for him being uncomfortable with what Meghan is saying, but because he knows he should be leading it, but he doesn't want to damage his family too much that he gets completely cut off.

And there is the crux of it. He wants away, but doesn't want to give up 'all the support' he still gets. He said something which I thought showed how detached this 'prince of the people' is when he talked about his father financially cutting him off. Yes mate, that is what pretty much happens to every other child in the country, we fend for ourselves shock horror.

I used to think Harry was one Royal who was different, was a bit down to earth, but that interview ended that impression.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
To me MM is a scheming, manipulative strategist. I believe she set out to snare a Prince and once she did she thought she could act in her self entitled way from her previous life, the centuries old institution said 'no it doesn't work like that do as your told so she said 'I'm off' and came out with a load of self pitying lies and drivel and throw the monarchy under a bus in order to justify herself.

She is very clever as she knows that by waving the 'racism' and 'mental health' cards she was making herself virtually immune to any criticism because if anyone does they will immediately branded a racist (nowadays worse than being called a pedo) and lacking understanding of mental health issues.

Someone in the royal family speculating as to the colour of her babies skin (so she says) does not make them a racist, it's the type of conversation I would imagine would happen in any family with a mixed race colour expecting a baby, the way people speculate pre birth as to the hair colour / eye colour / build etc.

Kate gets an easier time of it because she plays the game, she keeps a low profile, turns up, smiles, waves makes polite conversation, cuts the ribbon and goes home. The media were massively enthusiastic and MM when she first came into the spotlight here, they only 'turned' on her when the stories started to filter out about her behaviour, the same way they would've if Kate had allegedly mistreated staff.

Denied treatment for her mental health issues? Couldn't her well connected in the world of mental health sorted out some discreet treatment for her?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you look at the revelations and the response then It opens up more cans of worms.

If HM The Queen responds with " Recollections may vary" in response to the Sussex's claims it looks like she is in denial about the issues raised.. Puts you in mind of Trump's " Alternative Facts" and Johnson's lies... Not a good look.

Or she’s saying they lied.

Pick whichever suits your pre-existing position on the monarchy I guess.........

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If you look at the revelations and the response then It opens up more cans of worms.

If HM The Queen responds with " Recollections may vary" in response to the Sussex's claims it looks like she is in denial about the issues raised.. Puts you in mind of Trump's " Alternative Facts" and Johnson's lies... Not a good look.

She is in a bit of a tricky position then if her recollection is actually different. Put yourself in her position. If you disagree with someone else’s version of events you were involved with, would you say nothing because you would be worried that you might be compared to Trump ? I’m not sure you would.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
She is in a bit of a tricky position then if her recollection is actually different. Put yourself in her position. If you disagree with someone else’s version of events you were involved with, would you say nothing because you would be worried that you might be compared to Trump ? I’m not sure you would.

I'm pretty sure that in the interview she confirmed that only Harry heard the comment, and Harry told her what was said later. She isn't lying because she is only relaying what Harry told her.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’m not sure how that changes the ‘recollections may differ’ comment. Recollections of the conversation with Harry may differ.

It doesn't, but it obsolves her of any inference of lying in anyway. Harry was next to her during the interview, so we have to assume her recollection of what he told her is correct, otherwise he would surely have corrected it. She isn't in a tricky situation at all.

The conversation Harry had with the mystery relative may well be different between either party - but that is down to them, and that is a tricky situation.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yes mate, that is what pretty much happens to every other child in the country, we fend for ourselves shock horror.

But 'every other child' isn't a high profile Grandson of the Queen.

There are plenty of nutters out there who would love to be known as the man who popped a Royal. Failing that, what about a live beheading by ISIS online for the world to see?

I think he just wants proper protection, not chests full of gold coins. I would, too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It doesn't, but it obsolves her of any inference of lying in anyway. Harry was next to her during the interview, so we have to assume her recollection of what he told her is correct, otherwise he would surely have corrected it. She isn't in a tricky situation at all.

The conversation Harry had with the mystery relative may well be different between either party - but that is down to them, and that is a tricky situation.

Ah I see. I think you misunderstood my post. I meant the Queen is in a tricky situation if she is not allowed to say that recollections differ

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm begining to feel increasingly sorry for Harry in all this.
He was the one who lost his Mum at such a young age, he is the one who has clearly struggled for years with the fact he can't lead a 'normal' life, and now all the focus is on poor Meghan and poor old Phillip and Her Maj.
Every time I see a video or photo of him he looks lost, scared, sad and alone. I do have sympathy for all the players in this, but I do hope a little more care is afforded to Harry (and I'm no Royalist, but ultimately he is a human being).

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
But 'every other child' isn't a high profile Grandson of the Queen.

There are plenty of nutters out there who would love to be known as the man who popped a Royal. Failing that, what about a live beheading by ISIS online for the world to see?

I think he just wants proper protection, not chests full of gold coins. I would, too.

Wasn't my take. 2 distinct areas. Royal protection is paid for by the state and given to certain members of the family. Harry referred to being financially cut off by his father. 2 very different things I thought. Nothing to stop any member of the family paying for their security privately.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm begining to feel increasingly sorry for Harry in all this.
He was the one who lost his Mum at such a young age, he is the one who has clearly struggled for years with the fact he can't lead a 'normal' life, and now all the focus is on poor Meghan and poor old Phillip and Her Maj.
Every time I see a video or photo of him he looks lost, scared, sad and alone. I do have sympathy for all the players in this, but I do hope a little more care is afforded to Harry (and I'm no Royalist, but ultimately he is a human being).

Did someone not advise Harry and his wife (or his own common sense) that perhaps doing this interview was not a good move and apart from a short lived feeling of revenge it will haunt the both of them for ever.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
**** the royal family. (figuratively, not literally). Let the queen see out her reign and then start to disband the whole squalid set.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Did someone not advise Harry and his wife (or his own common sense) that perhaps doing this interview was not a good move and apart from a short lived feeling of revenge it will haunt the both of them for ever.

Agreed. I really can't work out the thought process behind it.
If they wanted to destroy the monarchy they could've gone to a newspaper like the NY Times, Guardian, even the Times and done a serious and substantive interview with names, accusations etc.
It all feels a bit 'Hello Magazine' which desperately betrays the seriousness of what has been said.
If Harry really thought this would be some kind of closure then he's unfortunately got that very wrong.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
It is interesting because my conclusion is that far from being manipulated in anyway, Harry is too scared to front all this up. He's been bitching to his wife the whole time about how bad it all is, but doesn't have the balls to own it. The whole 'what colour' was said privately to him, alone but most likely his Dad, maybe even his brother. Now I'm all for honesty in a relationship, but some things you just let slide by – unless you yourself are angry, then you sound off to your wife and she gets angry because you're angry – the classic "but don't say anything, promise me."

The whole interview for me was Harry's inability to make this about him and not his wife. Instead she does the first half then he joins, like it's not about him. I think that body language has some things right, but not the reason for him being uncomfortable with what Meghan is saying, but because he knows he should be leading it, but he doesn't want to damage his family too much that he gets completely cut off.

And there is the crux of it. He wants away, but doesn't want to give up 'all the support' he still gets. He said something which I thought showed how detached this 'prince of the people' is when he talked about his father financially cutting him off. Yes mate, that is what pretty much happens to every other child in the country, we fend for ourselves shock horror.

I used to think Harry was one Royal who was different, was a bit down to earth, but that interview ended that impression.

Either they're making it up or the Royal family are even more stupid and inbred than I thought. Why?

1. Meghan's skin colour is such that if I didn't know her mother was black, I never would have guessed it. So why anyone would have that conversation is beyond me. Whether the kid's hair would be ginger would be a far likelier conversation.

2. Why ask them what their child's skin colour might be? Are they geneticists? No, they're an actor and a squaddie. You might as well ask one of the corgis.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

they have been poorly advised for sometime, or they simply dont take any advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here