Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Interview of the Century

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall have never had a Royal title. Neither have they ever had their own security detail. Zara's children don't have titles either (TBH I don't even know if Peter Phillips has got kids).

They seem to have made pretty decent lives for themselves. They have just got on with it. Never has Zara TIndall had a screaming hissy-fit: "I want a title" :tantrum:

I must have missed the time when they served on active duty for 2 tours in Afghanistan.

I have never said they Archie should have a Princeship, but, the family should be adequately protected at the cost of the State.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They seem to have made pretty decent lives for themselves. They have just got on with it. Never has Zara TIndall had a screaming hissy-fit: "I want a title" :tantrum:

I wasn't watching closely but wasn't the issue that under the UK's constitution the grandchildren of the monarch are automatically granted titles and they've said Archie wouldn't be when Charles becomes King? If so that's pretty egregious and comes over as pure discrimination.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
definitely racism here mate ....same as everywhere

in my experience the balkan states and Italians seem to have very racist views towards just about every other race .

Australian cities are hugely multicultural but there his not a lot of racial violence , just verbal and generally good natured ribbing , for instance there are words used in every day life here that no one bats an eyelid about that would cause major consternation in England.

annoying to see Somalians , Sudanese and Pacific islanders wrecking pubs and clubs at week ends , Melbourne has a bit of a problem with this although it is denied by the media.

The poor old aboriginals can't win a trick , a lot of the youngsters have now found a liking for methamphetamine and heavy drinking , they do not handle either and are frequently arrested and imprisoned , the figures are appalling but even the ones who do get ahead and get some comforts around them are rinsed out by relatives in a tall poppy kind of way ......very complex issues and not fixed by bunging millions of dollars into the pot.

Thanks for replying.

None of that was a surprise to me. I've never been to Australia, but my family have spent years on and off travelling around the country, plus I've always had an interest in geography and demography.

So I was aware of the Greek, Italian and ethnic South Slavs issues, sometimes violence.

Aboriginal Australians and their plight - it's there for all to see.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
....and replace them with who?
Oh....I see.....you want an elected politician as president......excuse me while I pause to finish hysterical laughter......sorry....cue more laughter.....no....its no good....President Johnson ( shrieks ) ....President Starmer ( guffaws )......real heavyweight candidates respected the world over.....they are ridiculed in their own country!!!!......whiter than white.....well....there was the expenses scandal but that was largely covered up. After all, it was only publicly elected figures caught with their snouts in the trough, falsely claiming tax payers money to furnish their own lifestyles....and it had been going on for years and would still be going on now if it hadn't been exposed. Greed and self-interest from people voted in to represent us.
Lets all jump from the frying pan into the furnace.

You're totally right lets let nature decide and to f**k with democracy!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
That is television gold!! Storming off his own show! What a tit.:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce:

Can't believe he did this. But it was getting to the point where he was boiling over.

I have to admit that I agree with a lot of the themes that Piers has been banging on about recently. However, his rhetoric around Meghan has been exhausting and over cooked to the point that he seems to have some sort of obsession. I just don't see why he thinks its so important.

He has got this one wrong and I just don't think he had it in him to back off after the interview aired on Sunday and has just gone from 30 to 60mph in his reaction which ends up with him skidding off the road.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One of the things that no one has mentioned too much was Harry's reference to what his Mother left him in her Will.

Part of me wonders. Maybe she left most of her money to him knowing that William would be King and we'll looked after financially.

If that has happened maybe The Palace were right pissed off at having to pay out again for the same f#cked up socialially inept people within that Organisation ?

The way I see it all - Harry has lost his well paying job and he needs to find a new one coz his old employer wouldn't put him on Furlough

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
And if we do get a wrong‘in, don’t worry, the lifespan of the Royals are very long at present time, we might only have about 70 years till a new one comes along.

Thats the thing isn't it? America wept when Trump was 'democratically elected'. Although they hold little power imagine, just imagine, if little prince George turned out to be a narcissistic, racist, sex offender while being HOS through biology alone!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The poor old aboriginals can't win a trick , a lot of the youngsters have now found a liking for methamphetamine and heavy drinking , they do not handle either and are frequently arrested and imprisoned , the figures are appalling but even the ones who do get ahead and get some comforts around them are rinsed out by relatives in a tall poppy kind of way ......very complex issues and not fixed by bunging millions of dollars into the pot.

There's a bit of narrative going on with the Aboriginals though that the media and activists push that highlights one section but ignores another section of the aboriginal community and tries to silence that voice.

It helps paint the wrong picture of Aboriginals living in Australia and seems to be pushed for gain and to divide. It's highly damaging.

What you never get told or shown is there's a lot of indigenous families who lead very normal lives, are part of the multicultural communities around the country and don't hold or by into the activist view point of the nation.

You only have to see how Jacinta Price is treated to show that in full effect.

https://www.facebook.com/1622506634677043/photos/a.1622515911342782/2555521474708883/?type=3

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just the 25 pages of coverage in The Daily Mail today. It's just as well the publicity shy couple don't read the UK papers anymore in case something is written about them......

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
....and replace them with who?
Oh....I see.....you want an elected politician as president......excuse me while I pause to finish hysterical laughter......sorry....cue more laughter.....no....its no good....President Johnson ( shrieks ) ....President Starmer ( guffaws )......real heavyweight candidates respected the world over.....they are ridiculed in their own country!!!!......whiter than white.....well....there was the expenses scandal but that was largely covered up. After all, it was only publicly elected figures caught with their snouts in the trough, falsely claiming tax payers money to furnish their own lifestyles....and it had been going on for years and would still be going on now if it hadn't been exposed. Greed and self-interest from people voted in to represent us.
Lets all jump from the frying pan into the furnace.

King Graham Potter?

Or you could borrow ours - no scandals around our current royal family aside for some strip club visits and the occasional cigarette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hb7QEJisTQ

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There's a bit of narrative going on with the Aboriginals though that the media and activists push that highlights onc section but ignores another section of the aboriginal community and tries to silence that voice.

It helps paint the wrong picture of Aboriginals living in Australia and seems to be pushed for gain and to divide. It's highly damaging.

What you never get told or shown is there's a lot of indigenous families who lead very normal lives, are part of the multicultural communities around the country and don't hold or by into they’re activist view point of the nation.

https://www.facebook.com/1622506634677043/photos/a.1622515911342782/2555521474708883/?type=3

I don’t really know too much about the indigenous peoples rights in Oz, but, how many of what you call ‘normal’

Aboriginals would be allowed to live like that if it wasn’t for the Aboriginal rights activists who have gone before?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There's a bit of narrative going on with the Aboriginals though that the media and activists push that highlights one section but ignores another section of the aboriginal community and tries to silence that voice.

What you never get told or shown is there's a lot of indigenous families who lead very normal lives, are part of the multicultural communities around the country and don't hold or by into the activist view point of the nation.

very intricate situation , i have never spent any time in Victoria so i don't know the situation there , here in Perth there are a lot of decent folk but also a lot of out of control ones who end up locked up most of the time .

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I can empathise with Prince Harry. A few years ago I quit my job at Santander. Since then they’ve cut me off financially and told me I can no longer use the title Customer Service Adviser.

I still can’t believe “the Firm” (as I call them) had the cheek to do that. I didn’t have £10 million in the bank, like him, but otherwise it’s essentially the same thing.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Aside from the unsubstantiated ‘racial slur’ accusation, what was so controversial about this interview? I thought it was incredibly boring.

Most of it sounded like regular family fall outs that, because they have now burnt bridges, they have decided to use to portray people in a certain way, which is fairly childish and I thought the general tone of the interview was quite bitter.

My biggest take away was how anyone is allowed to publicly accuse senior royals of racism, without actually naming the culprit, it really does stink. Aside from that, let them get on with it, their bed is now made.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Aside from the unsubstantiated ‘racial slur’ accusation, what was so controversial about this interview? I thought it was incredibly boring.

Most of it sounded like regular family fall outs that, because they have now burnt bridges, they have decided to use to portray people in a certain way, which is fairly childish and I thought the general tone of the interview was quite bitter.

My biggest take away was how anyone is allowed to publicly accuse senior royals of racism, without actually naming the culprit, it really does stink. Aside from that, let them get on with it, their bed is now made.

Are you tellling me I did not miss out on The Interview of the Century?

Need to kill my fomo

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Are you influenced by that ? To me it's just an old bloke with a clear agenda. I refer you to my previous post.

As for the interview, I can't be bothered to watch it.

Like everyone else, I don't know the truth. I don't know why anyone has an opinion really.

That Alan Jones guy seems like a horrible POS who is looking to improve his ratings by jumping into the controversy headfirst despite knowing nothing about what actually happened. It's just pick a side and go for it all guns blazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here