Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Interview of the Century

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I find it hard it hard to believe she's discriminated against every where she goes.

She's a very attractive woman, they tend to get treated very well by people such is human nature. In many cases getting preferential treatment.

Given she's an attractive Spanish looking woman who and why are they discriminating against her?

I was being sarcastic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dad of the Century, Thomas Markle, is being interviewed on Good Morning Britain.

My prediction is that Susanna Reid tries to do a Morgan, attacking him for giving the letter to the DM.

Whilst Morgan will explore a Megan is a liar narrative.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Dad of the Century, Thomas Markle, is being interviewed on Good Morning Britain.

My prediction is that Susanna Reid tries to do a Morgan, attacking him for giving the letter to the DM.

Whilst Morgan will explore a Megan is a liar narrative.

How come you’ve seen it already?! :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How come you’ve seen it already?! :)

I’ve watched it from the beginning. ITV gave me special permission.

Morgan is being such a kind, gentle interviewer, gushing with praise and sympatthy.

Such an odd bloke. It’s either full front bullying and shouting over people he decides are badduns.

Whilst taking a Samaritans tone with those he decides are saintly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
....and replace them with who?
Oh....I see.....you want an elected politician as president......excuse me while I pause to finish hysterical laughter......sorry....cue more laughter.....no....its no good....President Johnson ( shrieks ) ....President Starmer ( guffaws )......real heavyweight candidates respected the world over.....they are ridiculed in their own country!!!!......whiter than white.....well....there was the expenses scandal but that was largely covered up. After all, it was only publicly elected figures caught with their snouts in the trough, falsely claiming tax payers money to furnish their own lifestyles....and it had been going on for years and would still be going on now if it hadn't been exposed. Greed and self-interest from people voted in to represent us.
Lets all jump from the frying pan into the furnace.

What an utterly shite alternative to the royal family you conjure up. There are of course, dozens of other alternatives.

Do a bit of research and you’ll find some fantastic models.

My preference is for an elected House of Peers to replace the House of Lords alongside an elected ceremonial President who retains many of the duties and powers of the Queen and has 10 year terms. The elected Peers and President won’t be allowed to be members of political parties and will be expected to act independently. Ideally, they’d be a way of selecting candidates for the House Of Peers so we get the same sort of achievers who gain knighthoods and OBE’s (which will all naturally be abolished).

I’ve had enough of the royal family now, I’d tolerated them due to the fact that they make us different from your average democracy and that they sit above (albeit virtually powerless) the Politicians as well as providing a great tourist attraction but I’m done with them now. It’s not so much what they’ve done, it’s the fact I’m sick of people banging on about them and that includes Harry & Megan.

When the Queen dies, the crown & monarchy should too.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont like the Media but hasnt taken them long to get in front of camera. Just felt not very dignified to ask for interview to slag of Royal family. Another grandchild Zara Tindall seems to have had a fairly normal life. Both her and her children dont have titles. Cant see her husband asking for security

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Works better as a parody piece than sarcastic.

As an adopted Aussie, can I ask you a genuine question about Australian society? Also I’d love [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ‘s input.

LBC took a call yesterday from an English bloke (anti Monarchy, a huge supporter of Markle and everything she says), who’d lived in Australia for many years, then come home.

He claimed that Australia has no racism either institutional or the man on the street. Whist in the UK it’s pervasive from top to bottom. We are a racist people.

I’d be interested in your thoughts.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I would imagine that any other Royal Prince who served in Afghanistan would receive protection as long as there was a perceived threat. Really , name many more people with a higher profile than Prince Harry who served in a hotbed of Islamic terrorism? I’m struggling to think of any.

Does the name Lee Rigby, ring any bells?
A squaddie without protection beheaded by religious nutters.

My brother in law was in charge of making sure Harry was safe in Afghanistan - he planned security details, movements.....a hell of a lot of work involved alongside his regular role.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As an adopted Aussie, can I ask you a genuine question about Australian society? Also I’d love [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ‘s input.

LBC took a call yesterday from an English bloke (anti Monarchy, a huge supporter of Markle and everything she says), who’d lived in Australia for many years, then come home.

He claimed that Australia has no racism either institutional or the man on the street. Whist in the UK it’s pervasive from top to bottom. We are a racist people.

Everywhere has racism. Every group of people have racists among them. Often that is because someone dosn't like certain things about a certain culture. So they can love one group of Asian people but dislike another.

An example would be Japanese v Indians. Japanese would be viewed in a far more positive light than Indians despite both being Asian.

Most racism exists in the lower economic, upper end economic groups or certain rural communities(not all) out here.

The huge huge section that makes up the middle class isn't that racist at all. It tends to adopt the "no dickheads" policy when it comes to people and how you judge or treat them.

I'm thinking the guy who rang in probably was immersed in that middle class culture where you can attend a BBQ in the suburbs and you could easily have a mixture of people from backgrounds from all over the world. In that group if someone is openly racist they will most likely get told to pull their ****ing head in.

Yes there are sections of the community who have negative views of the indigenous population as an example but on the other hand the nation does pump billions of dollars into indigenous affairs. Once again the largest section probably don't hold any strong views at all in that regard.

I'd say the racism is also often more complex than white/black here.

In an area 30 minutes up the road from me it's the Islanders and Sudanese fighting each other all the time now, any white people involved are associated with the Islanders.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It really is pathetic rubbish

The colour of my son was discussed as cause of concern to whether they would have tittle. Said to you. No Harry

Harry pitches up. No the conversation was happened before we married.

Right ok you weren't even married let alone she pregnant and likely to have been during the time he had a relationship with his brother. William could easily have said jokingly you're a ginge she's black bloody hell wonder what you two would produce? Simple lads chat, maybe maybe not.

But between the two of them the main story of racism didn't happen in the same timeframe and that's put authenticity of the claim in question.

As far as tittle that's been said by many their kids would not be entitled to a tittle until Charlie gets the crown.

She didn't know what she was getting into, as in the Royals, sorry you must be one thick tit then. There's not a cat in hells chance you weren't briefed and told what to expect by the "firm". Failing that the ginge thicko may have told you, maybe

The end

I'm getting confused. Are you talking about titles or tittle-tattle?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If I passed Meghan on the street I'd think wow that's an attractive Spanish looking woman.

Can't say I'd ever pick her as a black woman.
I am the same. I wouldn't know her race wasn't 'white' if it wasn't being constantly broadcast.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everywhere has racism. Every group of people have racists among them. Often that is because someone dosn't like certain things about a certain culture. So they can love one group of Asian people but dislike another.

An example would be Japanese v Indians. Japanese would be viewed in a far more positive light than Indians despite both being Asian.

Most racism exists in the lower economic, upper end economic groups or certain rural communities(not all) out here.

The huge huge section that makes up the middle class isn't that racist at all. It tends to adopt the "no dickheads" policy when it comes to people and how you judge or treat them.

I'm thinking the guy who rang in probably was immersed in that middle class culture where you can attend a BBQ in the suburbs and you could easily have a mixture of people from backgrounds from all over the world. In that group if someone is openly racist they will most likely get told to pull their ****ing head in.

Yes there are sections of the community who have negative views of the indigenous population as an example but on the other hand the nation does pump billions of dollars into indigenous affairs. Once again the largest section probably don't hold any strong views at all in that regard.

I'd say the racism is also often more complex than white/black here.

In an area 30 minutes up the road from me it's the Islanders and Sudanese fighting each other all the time now, any white people involved are associated with the Islanders.

Thanks. An interesting synopsis. A great point about differences between classes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
....and replace them with who?
Oh....I see.....you want an elected politician as president......excuse me while I pause to finish hysterical laughter......sorry....cue more laughter.....no....its no good....President Johnson ( shrieks ) ....President Starmer ( guffaws )......real heavyweight candidates respected the world over.....they are ridiculed in their own country!!!!......whiter than white.....well....there was the expenses scandal but that was largely covered up. After all, it was only publicly elected figures caught with their snouts in the trough, falsely claiming tax payers money to furnish their own lifestyles....and it had been going on for years and would still be going on now if it hadn't been exposed. Greed and self-interest from people voted in to represent us.
Lets all jump from the frying pan into the furnace.
Presidents Ant and Dec.

Oh no! Drink driving. Best think again.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

definitely racism here mate ....same as everywhere

in my experience the balkan states and Italians seem to have very racist views towards just about every other race .

Australian cities are hugely multicultural but there his not a lot of racial violence , just verbal and generally good natured ribbing , for instance there are words used in every day life here that no one bats an eyelid about that would cause major consternation in England.

annoying to see Somalians , Sudanese and Pacific islanders wrecking pubs and clubs at week ends , Melbourne has a bit of a problem with this although it is denied by the media.

The poor old aboriginals can't win a trick , a lot of the youngsters have now found a liking for methamphetamine and heavy drinking , they do not handle either and are frequently arrested and imprisoned , the figures are appalling but even the ones who do get ahead and get some comforts around them are rinsed out by relatives in a tall poppy kind of way ......very complex issues and not fixed by bunging millions of dollars into the pot.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah, it’s not as if his Father hadn’t served 2 combat tours of Afghanistan, was the figurehead of a leading disabled servicemen’s games, was the grandson of the heir to the throne of the UK, at a time when Islamic terrorism is at its highest threat level, ever.

No need for security at all.

Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall have never had a Royal title. Neither have they ever had their own security detail. Zara's children don't have titles either (TBH I don't even know if Peter Phillips has got kids).

They seem to have made pretty decent lives for themselves. They have just got on with it. Never has Zara TIndall had a screaming hissy-fit: "I want a title" :tantrum:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall have never had a Royal title. Neither have they ever had their own security detail. Zara's children don't have titles either (TBH I don't even know if Peter Phillips has got kids).

They seem to have made pretty decent lives for themselves. They have just got on with it. Never has Zara TIndall had a screaming hissy-fit: "I want a title" :tantrum:

Rugby connections. Makes a difference! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here