Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9th

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
they do what they have to do to survive. no they do what they have to do because they are f***ing bone idle and want some trainers but its hard to hold down a job as a millionaire gangster when you are monged on weed all day.

rappers are utter wankers and their music is shit.

Jesus. Generalisation at its finest.

I think you'll find a 95% of the UK's emcees hold down jobs and work damn hard at both that and their music. Surely you can come with something better than a lazy stereotype.

Oct 25, 2003
Jesus. Generalisation at its finest.

I think you'll find a 95% of the UK's emcees hold down jobs and work damn hard at both that and their music. Surely you can come with something better than a lazy stereotype.

they're just trying to ruin yet ANOTHER thread with their "ooh, middle class liberal people are so rubbish blah blah blah you don't understand what i had to go through blah blah blah" crap, that would be interesting if it wasn't written ALL THE TIME

:p

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Is your user name from Dr Octagon's Blue Flowers by any chance? "Listen to my heart beat delete beep beep beep"?

I f***ing hope so, what a genius of FLAIR the good doctor is/was.

"Doctor Octagon, paramedic foetus from the east..."

Clearly there is somethign wrong with NSC when this thread gets to 6 pages without mentioning Young MC

sample killer rhyme: "12 o clock comes with mass hysteria / everyone rushes down to the cafeteria"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
they're just trying to ruin yet ANOTHER thread with their "ooh, middle class liberal people are so rubbish blah blah blah you don't understand what i had to go through blah blah blah" crap, that would be interesting if it wasn't written ALL THE TIME

:p

stop having a go at rappers.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I liked the Sugar Hill Gang...Rappers Delight not a swear word in sight or racist or homophobic language......

although I am not sure Master G is known all over the world, by the foxy ladies and the pretty girls. I think he may be overegging it

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I can find more articles but read this for starters in terms of crime stats:

Cities with the worst slums (safe neighborhoods, buy, vs) - City vs. City - Page 40 - City-Data Forum

London
Total Crimes 134
New York
Total Crimes 31

London
Total Violent Crimes 34
New York City
Total Violent Crimes 8

London
Burglary 14

New York City
Burglary 3.7

London
Vehicle Theft 19

New York City
Vehicle Theft 3.7
Now find me the statistics on Social Security , which is what i was referring to.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I'm out of here before I get covered in Bushy and Spanish's jizz after they binfest each other off - again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I used to quite like The Pharcyde and De La Soul. Cheeky little lyrics with a bit of nouse behind them. I just never really got the whole Gangster Rap genre. Probbaly because I have no relation to it whatsoever. But when I hear grown men rapping about champagne, guns, money and bitches or about how the police are bad people etc it just strikes me as quite immature rambling. There just doesn't seem to be any substance to them.
I can see that if you grew up poor in a rough neighbourhood getting hassle from the police (though I think a large proportion of that hassle may be imagined) then things like gold jewelery and large wheel trims may be an attractive lure, a shiny object to a magpie if you will.
However, I don't wish to be shouted at or preached to by a large black man or skinny white kids from London Suburbs for that matter.
Yes it's hard if you live on a council estate and deal drugs for a living I'm sure but then holding down a job, paying taxes, putting kids through school, paying a mortgage etc is not an easy ride these days either but you don't see Mr Smith who just got made redundant from the gas fire making plant dealing drugs because he has a pregnant wife and two kids to feed at home.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
"Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner"

Yep, a modern masterpiece. It really IS a work of genius.

"Blow up like a landmine on a road to Sangin
My lyrics is bangin
Hangin'. Wid my homies in Portslade. Fairtrade. Get Paid.
Now I'm gettin' laid. Keep my bitches afraid.
It's the only way."

Yawn.

:facepalm:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I used to quite like The Pharcyde and De La Soul. Cheeky little lyrics with a bit of nouse behind them. I just never really got the whole Gangster Rap genre. Probbaly because I have no relation to it whatsoever. But when I hear grown men rapping about champagne, guns, money and bitches or about how the police are bad people etc it just strikes me as quite immature rambling. There just doesn't seem to be any substance to them.
I can see that if you grew up poor in a rough neighbourhood getting hassle from the police (though I think a large proportion of that hassle may be imagined) then things like gold jewelery and large wheel trims may be an attractive lure, a shiny object to a magpie if you will.
However, I don't wish to be shouted at or preached to by a large black man or skinny white kids from London Suburbs for that matter.
Yes it's hard if you live on a council estate and deal drugs for a living I'm sure but then holding down a job, paying taxes, putting kids through school, paying a mortgage etc is not an easy ride these days either but you don't see Mr Smith who just got made redundant from the gas fire making plant dealing drugs because he has a pregnant wife and two kids to feed at home.

Nibble - did you watch 'the wire?' series 1 in the projects, series 2 focusing on dockers having to do just that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble - did you watch 'the wire?' series 1 in the projects, series 2 focusing on dockers having to do just that.

No, watched 1st series but missed the others, lost track and never got back into it unfortunately. From what I remember it is written by an ex copper so is very authentic. I will try and get the dvd to check it out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here