Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9th

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is that REALLY a lyric ?? I thought it was something added as a joke :lolol:

You'd better believe it Bushy. f*** off Lennon, Notorious B.I.G's da man. D'Angelo Saxon didn't include the intro to this work of genius, so I'm putting that right:

[Intro:]

(f*** all you hoes) Get a grip motherfucker.

Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me
I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the
buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters,
and all the niggaz in the struggle, you know what I'm sayin'?

Uh-ha, it's all good baby bay-bee, uh

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Funny how you lot are dismissing the person who pretty much all of his peers label the greatest ever but yeah, whatever, go and listen to Rappers Delight again.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Funny how you lot are dismissing the person who pretty much all of his peers label the greatest ever but yeah, whatever, go and listen to Rappers Delight again.
If these lyrics

'' (f*** all you hoes) Get a grip motherfucker.

Uh-ha, it's all good baby bay-bee, uh ''

are written by the person his peers describe as the greatest ever , he is the best of a f***ing abysmal bunch.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
You'd better believe it Bushy. f*** off Lennon, Notorious B.I.G's da man. D'Angelo Saxon didn't include the intro to this work of genius, so I'm putting that right:

[Intro:]

(f*** all you hoes) Get a grip motherfucker.

Uh-ha, it's all good baby bay-bee, uh

if he didnt have a job, it was pretty irresponsible of him to have children

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Unless you're young girl most lyrics look pretty f***ing stupid written down

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's what comes up when you Google "Lyrics - Notorious B.I.G - Juicy."

Okaaaaaaay, that's the intro to Juicy. He doesn't rap them anyway + Keaton's point above.

I'll leave this now, it's become a tad mind numbing.

byeeeeeeeee

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't know anything about rap, but I do enjoy eating sardines for dinner.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

"Sardines are fish related to herring,
If rappers ate them, they might stop swearing."

Here's an old skool (of fish) picture:

sardines.gif

L-R: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.
(I'd eat them...nothing else)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's a fair few people on this thread that just sound like my parents when I used to play the stuff I liked when I was little. So you don't like or understand it, we get the picture. Lots of people do though and there's a huge amount of talent out there, British, French, American, whatever. You lot are making huge assumptions based on a very very limited knowledge/exposure of the hip hop scene. As with a lot of other genres, the dross gets a lot of airplay and the decent stuff fights to get air play.

Please, guys, stop this mutual masturbation over what you deem as crap music. The same has been said about every new music genre right back to Mozart and before.

And plucking random lyrics as proof is a bit disingenuous. I could for instance pull this out and ask what you make of these profound words:

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please love me do
Wo ho love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please love me do
Wo ho love me do

Someone to love
Somebody new
Someone to love
Someone like you

Love,love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please love me do
Wo ho love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please love me do
Wo ho love me do
Yeah love me do
Wo ho love me do

I guess the point I'm making is that if you don't get the message that these musicians are getting across then it probably wasn't meant for you anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I guess the point I'm making is that if you don't get the message that these musicians are getting across then it probably wasn't meant for you anyway.

What's not to understand? The man had a tough upbringing with one or two fond memories, then he came into a bit of luck, became a massive recording artist and can now afford to smoke skunk and drink champagne all day, have sex with many different women but still find time to give his baby daughter some diamond earrings, watch a big telly, play computer games and be chaffeur-driven arround whilst running up a big phone bill.

It's a universal message we can all relate to, with noble sentiments. Work hard at what you do and you too can stop stealing and dealing drugs, and smoke a load and shag around instead.

What I like is that he's still got time to buy his dear old mum a fur coat. And no more sardines for tea!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One song matey. One song that you're talking about. What about digging out some lyrics by Roots Manuva or Skinnyman or Dan Le Sac or a whole sea of great rappers out there.
I don't pretend to like gangster rap nor like the tune you keep quoting as universal proof that rap is crap but I know there's great stuff out there with very positive messages.

You really do sound like some old fart harking back to when musicians could hold a tune blah blah blah.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm just commenting on one of the seminal songs from one of the seminal rap artists of all-time, one which is pretty representative of rap's main themes, aims and aspirations for the last 15-odd years.

And it's not one song, it's most of them, pick any you like - 99% of the lyrics are all bollocks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
and you know enough about rap to make that sweeping statement , do you?

Blimey. I can't argue with that. I didn't realise you were an authority. I can assure you, I'm not so I'm outta this thread as I can only speak as enthusiastic and sadly ignorant fan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was hoping you were going to give me another genius rap song as evidence the genre isn't shit? Don't go...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Lets stop beating around the bush folks. We all know this stuff is peurile, immature, teenage wet dream nonsense. It doesn't make you an idiot to like it, it just means you like shit music. I like a lot of Rock music AC/DC and Iron Maiden are 2 of my favourite bands. It is it's own brand of trashy teenage wannabe music and shite to many. I suppose the difference with the music I like and some gangster rap is that at least the bands I like put on an unbelieveble live show and display some real talent with a sense of style but it is, as much as some rap, immature bollocks! What I like is that the bands I like say what it is, loud, shallow, well perormed ROCK! The problem I have with the Figgy Doggs of this world is they pretend their brand of teenage wank is some deep shit. It's not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here