Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Just to confirm... I have not called Vicente any 'names'... that said the 'I'm not turning up to training' behaviour is, IMHO, sh1tty...

Agreed

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
But you don't know if not turning up for training has been agreed with the club. If it has, it's NOT a case of "just not turning up". Anyway, see my earlier post.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
VICENTE'S AGENT BEING QUOTED

We must continue working and go step by step so that the boy can play in Elche. It's something she likes, because he wants change and has a good relationship with Fran Escribá. I am optimistic, otherwise I would not be working on the case, but above all must be respected to Brighton, because today is the club that owns the player. "said Victor Onate

Now Elche must agree a deal or walk away but don't think it could be any clearer where Vicente stands on the matter and that it doesn't seem to be a matter of trying to screw us for a better deal.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
VICENTE'S AGENT BEING QUOTED

We must continue working and go step by step so that the boy can play in Elche. It's something she likes, because he wants change and has a good relationship with Fran Escribá. I am optimistic, otherwise I would not be working on the case, but above all must be respected to Brighton, because today is the club that owns the player. "said Victor Onate

Now Elche must agree a deal or walk away but don't think it could be any clearer where Vicente stands on the matter and that it doesn't seem to be a matter of trying to screw us for a better deal.

As they say in Spain "Adios Vicente" :wave:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Amazin player, we have been blessed to see a player of his class play

But to say he is an honourable man is laughable, this whole sage makes me dispise him for his cowardness with the whole transfer saga

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
nob him off he quite obviously doesn't wish to return to us...and has no respect for the fans that stood by him whilst he was picking up top wages for doing nothing....and no respect for the club that went the extra mile to sign him and then return him to full fitness.....our club is bigger then the player and will always be there unlike a flash in the pan mercenary.....on to bigger and better things whilst he slops of to the spainish b league to play in front of 3 to 4000 people...all the best placenta i only want to see players who actually want to play for us....soooo stop kissing his arse and get over it...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Time to cut him loose me thinks.

or not....... let's just do nothing, he can stay in Spain unpaid, and unable to play for anyone just like Tevez. unless......

1) If and when Elche want to actually pay for the "star player of their new project", then he can go.

2 ) If and when Vicentes desire to play is great enough, to remiburse in some way the club, who spent months nursing him back to health, then he can go.

We should not set a precedent here, until either 1 or 2 are done, keep the status quo as it is

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
or not....... let's just do nothing, he can stay in Spain unpaid, and unable to play for anyone just like Tevez. unless......

1) If and when Elche want to actually pay for the "star player of their new project", then he can go.

2 ) If and when Vicentes desire to play is great enough, to remiburse in some way the club, who spent months nursing him back to health, then he can go.

We should not set a precedent here, until either 1 or 2 are done, keep the status quo as it is

Indeed. Just let the agent come up with something that suits us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Amazin player, we have been blessed to see a player of his class play

But to say he is an honourable man is laughable, this whole sage makes me dispise him for his cowardness with the whole transfer saga

With all due respect it is his agent who is doing all the dirty work on his behalf that makes it look that way. Vicente hasn't issued a direct statement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With all due respect it is his agent who is doing all the dirty work on his behalf that makes it look that way. Vicente hasn't issued a direct statement.
Please. Stop blaming the agent. The agent is simply working for his client, who happens to be Vicente, who is showing no interest in returning to work for his employer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He was never goner return here anyway,just didn't see his wife wanting to be here after just dropping that's all,he seems like someone who will never leave spain unless he required help like we gave him.Get the compo sorted and lets move on:)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Vicente does come out of this whole thing looking like a very weak character. He came here for a fresh start and a crack at English football, which he got - it was tough but by the end of the year it was looking like a great move. The club was prepared to make a real push for promotion this year, and he would have been the key man. Unless he was secretly really unhappy here (and presumably given he made the club feel he was coming back, this isn't the case), there was no reason to NOT come back to us. He's been offered what I can only really describe as a "nice" job in Spain - friend is manager, near home, low expectations, and he's straight away decided to jump ship - no thought for what he had achieved here OR what we had put into his redevelopment.

I know he has a new kid, but it isn't his first, and it's not like he had to a) Stay over here forever or b) Live a limited/difficult life in any way whilst over here. People all around the world uproot their families whilst earning a lot less money.

He just comes across as a bit spineless in many ways.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Agree ATFC and when we're playing in the Prem next year in front of 30,750 and he's plying his trade in front of 3,750 at Elche...well...

BHA have been away too long and the profile of this club and 'brand BHA' is only going to soar in the coming years and players from all over Europe and beyond will sit up and take notice when our name is thrown into the transfer hat - from Lionel Messi to Leon Knight they'll be knocking on our door. As for Vicente - he can go f*** himself.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
As Sting said 'If you love somebody, set them free'. He also said 'Can't Stand Losing You'. He also said 'If I Ever Lose My Faith in You'. :jester:

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Vicente do the decent thing either honour your contract or buy yourself out of it

Would be great to see a fully comitted Vicente happy and playing for the albion next season but lets face it the guy doesn't wanna play 4 us...no disrespect to guy he has used the club got himself in shape and now wishes to foxtrott oscar...lets get it in to perspective the guy played 19 times 4 us a team is more than 1 player....however we activated the option of a further year on his contract that was agreed with his agent when signing the original deal gentlemans agreement or not about whether we would hold him to it is by the by it is a legal document witnessed by legal reps from both sides......

SO A message to Vicente and his management company either honour the deal or buy yourself out of it lets face your not a poor man ru but extremely wealthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here