Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll say it again everybody has the right to withdraw their labour,however if you want to keep your job its not always advisable

I wasn't being specific to this instance. As far as I'm concerned Vicente is on strike in order to win his release from a contract. The Albion should just refuse to co-operate & let him waste one of the last few years of his career.If he decides to return all well and good , lets get the best out of him for the season... then thanks and goodbye.

Fair enough, apologies... I misunderstood... just getting to the point where the 'Vicente is not in the wrong' brigade are doing my head in...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
just getting to the point where the 'Vicente is not in the wrong' brigade are doing my head in...
So tempted to go fishing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
'Vicente is not in the wrong' brigade are doing my head in...

Whereas you are heading the 'Vicente is wrong' brigade!

Why not take the middle ground (like many people), and have an open mind about the whole thing?

Oh I forgot, you have a source high up in the club...

Not working on the roof is he!?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I may be wrong here, but as I read yesterdays Argus online article "Gus Ready for business", my first impression was that last paragraph referred to Vicente?

"“I’m pleased. We are in an absolutely fantastic position.

“We need a left-back, we need a midfielder and we need a striker.

“If we do things right it will all come together very quickly.

“We need to do something in the next two days because I want to sign another player and put him into our training this week.”

Gus doesn't mention a replacement for Vicente, and he says he wants to bring in a player straight away so that he can sign "another" player and get him into training this week....... that last bit (the additional player) he wants to get into training this week, I reckon could well be Vicente?, and the "differences" the 2 camps have maybe based on the level of players/support around Vicente?,

Could it be that if we can sign someone we have promised to Vicente's camp, more at his level, that could resolve the "differences", and the second signing Gus alludes to in this article, to get into training this week could be the great man Vicente himself??

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I may be wrong here, but as I read yesterdays Argus online article "Gus Ready for business", my first impression was that last paragraph referred to Vicente?

"“I’m pleased. We are in an absolutely fantastic position.

“We need a left-back, we need a midfielder and we need a striker.

“If we do things right it will all come together very quickly.

“We need to do something in the next two days because I want to sign another player and put him into our training this week.”

Gus doesn't mention a replacement for Vicente, and he say he wants to bring in a player straight away so that he can sign "another" player and get him into training this week, that last bit (the additional player) he wants to get into training this week, I reckon could well be Vicente, and the "differences" the 2 camps have maybe based on the level of players/support around Vicente?,

Could it be that if we can sign someone we have promised to Vicente's camp, more at his level, that could resolve the "differences", and the second signing Gus alludes to in this article, to get into training this week could be the great man Vicente himself??

No.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Whereas you are heading the 'Vicente is wrong' brigade!

Why not take the middle ground (like many people), and have an open mind about the whole thing?

Oh I forgot, you have a source high up in the club...

Not working on the roof is he!?

Yes, he's just come down and told me it will all work out in the end, because 'that Vicente is a lovely fella and his missus is a bit of alright... and his agent is a diamond geezer... the club have realised they have been total w@nkers, and they are gonna let him go back for nowt'... just thought you should know...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
New thread title but I'm still looking :rolleyes:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You've heard something new on the matter Bozza?

One thing is almost for sure (going by Elche's club size / attendance / the Argus) this never was to do with money. I did think this as he could've got more money at Leicester last yr. Those who previously suggested it's to do with money were wrong it seems - just shows NOBODY REALLY KNOWS MUCH AT ALL!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, he's just come down and told me it will all work out in the end, because 'that Vicente is a lovely fella and his missus is a bit of alright... and his agent is a diamond geezer... the club have realised they have been total w@nkers, and they are gonna let him go back for nowt'... just thought you should know...

Hopefully he's fixed the clubs leaks!

:thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Elche News

The Elche Football Club officially announced the first team coaching staff for the year 2012-13. Along the coach Fran Escribá be part of the coaching staff and Alberto Capon Josep Alcácer as second coaches, while trainers will Mascarós Jose and Javier Vidal. The goalkeepers will preparer Marcos Abad.
Regarding the medical profession will continue led by Dr. Cesar Quesada, head of medical services will Elche CF Physiotherapists Francisco Martinez and David Abad, and as Jose Antonio Berná podiatrist. Function delegated develop Francisco Montoya.

Cuerpo técnico 2012-13 Primer Equipo

The Medical staff might be the crucial bit.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Elche News

The Elche Football Club officially announced the first team coaching staff for the year 2012-13. Along the coach Fran Escribá be part of the coaching staff and Alberto Capon Josep Alcácer as second coaches, while trainers will Mascarós Jose and Javier Vidal. The goalkeepers will preparer Marcos Abad.
Regarding the medical profession will continue led by Dr. Cesar Quesada, head of medical services will Elche CF Physiotherapists Francisco Martinez and David Abad, and as Jose Antonio Berná podiatrist. Function delegated develop Francisco Montoya.

Cuerpo técnico 2012-13 Primer Equipo

The Medical staff might be the crucial bit.

Don't all clubs have medical staff, including podiatrists bearing in mind a lot of injuries relate to feet and ankles etc! Can you clarify the point you are making?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I interpreted it as another player was about to sign but had to complete a stringent medical assessment as they were injury prone and might struggle with Gus's pre-season training routines if not fully fit.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
hows it wrong for the club to enforce the contract extension, when he came to us he had problems physically and mentally and the club put a lot of time in to help him recover, so at least we get some money from him if he goes and if he wants to act like a baby and not turn up for training he can f*** right off. Yes he's a quality player but he needs to realise that supporters who were there over the past 14-16 years who have had to put up with shit but still went don't care how good he is if he thinks he's better than the club.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
hows it wrong for the club to enforce the contract extension, when he came to us he had problems physically and mentally and the club put a lot of time in to help him recover, so at least we get some money from him if he goes and if he wants to act like a baby and not turn up for training he can f*** right off. Yes he's a quality player but he needs to realise that supporters who were there over the past 14-16 years who have had to put up with shit but still went don't care how good he is if he thinks he's better than the club.

Quite right too if this is true, just wish we could have a true statement to put this all to bed.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Fair enough, apologies... I misunderstood... just getting to the point where the 'Vicente is not in the wrong' brigade are doing my head in...

I think you're labelling people as they are being objective. I don't think it's right to go back on a contractual agreement, but I can understand why people do and I am not going to call them names because of it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think you're labelling people as they are being objective. I don't think it's right to go back on a contractual agreement, but I can understand why people do and I am not going to call them names because of it.

Just to confirm... I have not called Vicente any 'names'... that said the 'I'm not turning up to training' behaviour is, IMHO, sh1tty...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here