• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Refer to point 1. for the current situation.

I believe that Labour are ‘leave’ at the moment but that could change with a pact.

Who are you expecting Labour to enter into a pact with?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Refer to point 1. for the current situation.

I believe that Labour are ‘leave’ at the moment but that could change with a pact.

I don't think they are 'leave'. I think they are negotiate a customs union deal, then put it to a second referendum and have been for some time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounds like they've found a right charmer

[TWEET]1192390517553876992[/TWEET]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are Labour Remain today?

In terms of party policy, they are certainly not unequivocally Remain. However, they are certainly a logical voting option for a Remain supporter - committed as they are to softening Brexit if it happens, and putting it all to a second referendum.

So a 'Remain (supporting voters) Alliance', if you prefer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In terms of party policy, they are certainly not unequivocally Remain. However, they are certainly a logical voting option for a Remain supporter - committed as they are to softening Brexit if it happens, and putting it all to a second referendum.

Which, ironically, was what the Leave campaign promised from the first referendum. Not 'no deal' or a border down the Irish sea :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i think they are only a logical option for Remain if you believe their alternative agreement would likely be rejected in a referendum.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Labour has promised an "irreversible shift" of power and investment to working people outside the south-east of England, if they win the election.

John McDonnell will pledge £150bn for schools, hospitals and housing on top of existing spending plans to be paid for through borrowing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50325059

Do the sums and equations behind figures like £150bn ever get published? All the article says is "paid for through borrowing"

Where's the detail on that?

I always wonder this when I read party manifestos. "we're going to do this" or "extra money will be made available for that" but with no word on how that's going to be achieved.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No doubt on the Tory pay role [emoji23]

General election: Ex-Labour minister urges voters to support Tories as Jeremy Corbyn is 'unfit' http://news.sky.com/story/general-e...porters-to-lend-the-tories-our-votes-11856077

Who does Ian Austin think he is calling other people 'unfit'? Even 20 years ago when he played for England he was a fat boy.

19301.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i think they are only a logical option for Remain if you believe their alternative agreement would likely be rejected in a referendum.

Unless the voter in question lives in a marginal Lab / LibDem constituency, that's nonsense.

If you are a Remain voter in England, in a seat that the LibDems cannot win then Labour is unquestionably the logical choice. It is all about stopping a Tory majority, which would give them free reign to inflict the worst case scenario.

Best case: Remain wins second referendum
Next best case: New softer (inc customs union) Brexit deal wins (with or without a second referendum)
Worst case: Tory party do as they wish, with a commons majority

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can make light of it, but when a respected ex Labour minister says the current leader was "completely unfit" to be PM it has to carry weight.

You can probably replace the word 'respected' with 'bitter'.

FWIW there is a long list of moderate former Tory ministers with the same opinion of Johnson :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No doubt on the Tory pay role [emoji23]

General election: Ex-Labour minister urges voters to support Tories as Jeremy Corbyn is 'unfit' http://news.sky.com/story/general-e...porters-to-lend-the-tories-our-votes-11856077

[MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], you’re completely right, Ian Austin, who resigned from the Labour Party 9 months ago, is in fact the Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy to Israel, a Tory appointment.

Funny how no main stream media have mentioned this, is almost as if they are biased, but, well done Mr Austin, that should see your job safe if the Toriesare still in power come December 13th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here