Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From next Wed election purdah kicks in, from then the rules kick in, from then he will be constrained.

And what will happen, after that date?

Will he be forced to give up his show, for the duration of the campaigning? Or be allowed to continue to present it, under strict instructions not to mention any of the things that are the entire point of its (his) existence?

I GUARANTEE that if it is the former, and he is taken off the air for a month, entirely in line with the established laws - facebook, etc will be AWASH with indignant RANTS about SENSASHIP. It will be just like when WHEN THEY TRYED TO SILENSE TOMMY FROM TELIN THE TRUTH.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Tories aren't stupid enough to simply 'sell off' the NHS. Instead it will be a campaign of deliberate under funding to make the public lose trust in the system. The Tories record on the NHS is absolutely appalling. In the last 9 years; half of maternity units have been closed at some point, we've had the junior doctor crisis, the nursing crisis, private NHS providers defrauding the state, the waiting lists for NHS services are at record highs, A/E waiting times are at record highs, people have been dying in hospital corridors, mental health services have been cut to the bone... If, after a decade of deliberate and systematic ruination of the NHS, they can get people to question whether a more American style system would possibly be better, they're well on their way to achieving their ambition of fully privatising the NHS and selling it off to their wealthy mates ala Thatcher in the 80s.

Once the Tories have finished with the NHS all the rich folk can spend their final hours in the Ritz Hotel with the Daily Telegraph owners, just like Mrs.T did....

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I assume the Liberal Democrats will be changing their name soon - since their current philosophy is completely at odds with democracy?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
For the Torys to sell the NHS, it would be political suicide, it ain't going to happen.

Just keep making up your lies and trying and influence some young innocent less worldly, voters.

OK, let's look at facts. Before I start I don't like Corbyn either. I just think if someone is going to make a statement then it's worth looking at the evidence. The WHO says a privatised health service "is where non-government bodies become increasingly involved in the financing or provision of health care services”.

So is the NHS being privatised / sold? Well, NHS Foundation Trusts can make 50% of their income from non-NHS work, aren't accountable to the Secretary of state for Health (interesting eh?), set their own salaries, decide local priorities and can enter any venture they want with private orgs and private finance... Explains a lot about geographical variance in treatment.

There's also a lot of NHS services already sold to and carried out by private service providers who tender for them and then try and generate profit for their shareholders rather than reinvest in the hospital for example. Many companies make millions in profits doing this. So services put out for bids and run not by the NHS but to maximise private profit for private companies? ...Also quite interesting I think.

There's many, many examples of creeping privatisation by stealth. It's also not hard to find the Tory MPs who could benefit from this.

So what's the threshold that needs to be crossed for you to say the NHS is being privatised/sold off piece by piece? Genuine question. My threshold for saying it was when Virgin bought the delivery of some services in West Sussex.

Is your threshold for saying it if the Virgin employees who might be doing your healthcare already right now were to have a Virgin logo on their badge instead of an NHS one? Does it need that level of transparency about what is already happening or is the threshold for you to change your mind something different?

Genuinely curious what makes you so confident in your view when facts show its already looking maybe a bit outdated. Is it that you weren't aware what's already happening?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Labour and Lib Dems can somehow get over themselves and fall in line with each other, the Tories are completely ****ed.

They'd have to get over this public Facebook post by Peter Kyle first. He's absolutely roasted them.

https://www.facebook.com/hoveandportslade/posts/1347574942082871?__tn__=K-R

If he's correct the Lib Dems have handed Boris the keys to No 10 for five years and spurned the chance of the second referendum they were after for ages. I don't see any confidence from Kyle - or from the actions of the LDs - that the election will end in anything less than a win for Boris.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I assume the Liberal Democrats will be changing their name soon - since their current philosophy is completely at odds with democracy?

So is the Brexit party allowed a no deal Brexit if they get a majority, or is that undemocratic too?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
So is the Brexit party allowed a no deal Brexit if they get a majority, or is that undemocratic too?

We didn't vote on the deal, we voted leave or remain. If the Brexit Party won the election and we left without a deal they would have at least acted on the basis of a democratic vote. The Lib Dems have said they will completely ignore the referendum and stop Brexit at all costs: undemocratic. Hence they should remove the 'Democrat' part of their name.

Jan 30, 2008
We didn't vote on the deal, we voted leave or remain. If the Brexit Party won the election and we left without a deal they would have at least acted on the basis of a democratic vote. The Lib Dems have said they will completely ignore the referendum and stop Brexit at all costs: undemocratic. Hence they should remove the 'Democrat' part of their name.
yep , and replace it with extremist
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Perhaps the Tories should change their name from Conservative and Unionist party?

Did anyone vote for the version of Leave served up by Boris?

No one did....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

How bad would things have to get before you might consider the fact that the referendum was a huge mistake and why didn't the politicians put it right when they and the chance? I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just interested.

Because nobody thinks it will go well. Not even Jacob Rees-Mogg who thinks things might improve in 50 years.

Jan 30, 2008
How bad would things have to get before you might consider the fact that the referendum was a huge mistake and why didn't the politicians put it right when they and the chance? I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just interested.

Because nobody thinks it will go well. Not even Jacob Rees-Mogg who thinks things might improve in 50 years.
might, could, if ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
regards
DH

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps the Tories should change their name from Conservative and Unionist party?

No one did....

Its a fair point - their policies are neither conservative not unionist.

Come on then [MENTION=25450]The Kid Frankie[/MENTION] - do you have a suitable new name for the blue team, too?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

No one did....

This is why I rarely debate politics online. Original question answered with a new question... Nope no one voted on 'the version of leave served up by Boris' but they did vote LEAVE. It aint rocket science. Even a wally like me gets it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is why I rarely debate politics online. Original question answered with a new question... Nope no one voted on 'the version of leave served up by Boris' but they did vote LEAVE. It aint rocket science. Even a wally like me gets it.

I think we're probably at different ends on politics, but regarding the Liberal 'Democrats':shit: I completely agree with you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a desperate pitch by Farage to stay relevant, and also to allow him the room for what he really wants, which is to be able to cry "BETRAYAL" at whatever happens.

The day after the Brexit vote he should have became an irrelevance, he'd got his wish although he didn't expect it. Since that date there has been a succession of whines and shouts of betrayal and the media are complicit in this, keeping him relevant, as they would constantly ask his view on successive stages of negotiations. This, even though for long periods he had abandoned UKIP and had not started the Brexit Party

. The press constantly gave airtime to a man who has failed 7 times in his attempts to gain election to the Houses of Parliament and I think its pretty obvious he desperately needs the oxygen of publicity or else he'd die. Only UKIP/Brexit Party European Parliament Proportional Representation elections ever gave him this oxygen yet he's more famous for not attending than being constructive... I hope he stands (yet again) in a selected pro-leave seat and gets the trouncing he so richly deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here