Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The man 'wears the mask of deceit'.

Be careful of what you wish for.

I can't believe you wasted ten seconds of your life "making" that. To be fair it does make about as much sense as the average children's story though.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I wonder if Nigal Fararge has unwittingly broken any codes of conduct or even laws by inviting a leader of a foreign country a personal friend to come onto his radio show and to try and direct the UKs vote by threatening that dependant upon the way they vote in the up coming General Election will determine if the country gets a trade deal?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sure it’s on here already but Peter Kyle MP for Hove and Portslade has set up a crowd fund page for his election campaign, guess Momentum haven’t coughed up then!

That's what happens when you don't get fracking companies backing your campaign like Tory candidates around the Sussex shires. Voters out in rural Sussex love fracking in their back yards so much, they'll still vote blue. :hilton:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
In the skewed democracy of fptp I am forced to vote tactically in order for my preference to count as I do not support the parties likely to contest my seat. Therefore as last time out I will use vote swapping to get someone to vote for me in a marginal where my preferred choice has a chance. You will be able to do it via this site soon https://www.swapmyvote.uk
OK so you have to trust the person you get matched with but you could exchange messages and discuss your reasoning via the site last time and it was quite fun!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We didn't vote on the deal, we voted leave or remain. If the Brexit Party won the election and we left without a deal they would have at least acted on the basis of a democratic vote. The Lib Dems have said they will completely ignore the referendum and stop Brexit at all costs: undemocratic. Hence they should remove the 'Democrat' part of their name.

The Lib Dem leader also said she supports a second referendum but wouldn't respect the result if leave won ... again. Undeniably a party of undemocratic extremist loons.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The Tories aren't stupid enough to simply 'sell off' the NHS. Instead it will be a campaign of deliberate under funding to make the public lose trust in the system. The Tories record on the NHS is absolutely appalling. In the last 9 years; half of maternity units have been closed at some point, we've had the junior doctor crisis, the nursing crisis, private NHS providers defrauding the state, the waiting lists for NHS services are at record highs, A/E waiting times are at record highs, people have been dying in hospital corridors, mental health services have been cut to the bone... If, after a decade of deliberate and systematic ruination of the NHS, they can get people to question whether a more American style system would possibly be better, they're well on their way to achieving their ambition of fully privatising the NHS and selling it off to their wealthy mates ala Thatcher in the 80s.

One of the biggest f--k ups in the NHS has to be the contract that Tony Blair and Patricia Hewitt negotiated with the GPs re out of hours work and responsibility.Primary care hasn't been the same since.
We all know that the NHS is the 'sacred cow' of political life, but at some stage a non partisan long term plan for its funding has to take place.
In the meantime, it is quite absurd to say it is for sale.Pure scare tactics by Corbyn et al.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Lib Dem leader also said she supports a second referendum but wouldn't respect the result if leave won ... again. Undeniably a party of undemocratic extremist loons.

You can't expect to take citizenship away from people without consequences......

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The Lib Dems have said they will completely ignore the referendum and stop Brexit at all costs: undemocratic. .

So, you have a party who are COMPLETELY clear what they will do if democratically voted in.
They then do the thing they promised they would do if democratically voted in.
And apparently that is undemocratic.

Yet, you want to keep brexit for democracy purposes, even though the brexit on the table is nothing like the one promised in the democratic vote.

Got it.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I wonder if Nigal Fararge has unwittingly broken any codes of conduct or even laws by inviting a leader of a foreign country a personal friend to come onto his radio show and to try and direct the UKs vote by threatening that dependant upon the way they vote in the up coming General Election will determine if the country gets a trade deal?

Unwittingly?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's opposing government policy which was based on a flawed and advisory referendum instigated by the same government. If you don't like the policy don't vote Lib Dem - I don't think many will.

Because they're a gang of oddballs and disenfranchised Tories who, if you believe Peter Kyle's FB post, can't make their mind up tactically at all. Kyle says there were numbers in the HoC for a confimatory referendum and that's one of the reasons Boris withdrew the bill. The only conclusion I can draw on both events is that LD strategists don't think Remain would win a second vote.

interesting take. there is the other possibility, they just want to be alternative.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, you have a party who are COMPLETELY clear what they will do if democratically voted in.

Yet, you want to keep brexit for democracy purposes, even though the brexit on the table is nothing like the one promised in the democratic vote.

Got it.

Let him down gently....

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Got it.

It's ignoring a referendum happened outside our normal confines of representative democracy. What they are being clear about is that they are ignoring a vote the people took. Even though they are saying that as part of a policy in a representative election, doesn't make it democratic to ignore that vote. The 2 forms of democracy clash. We cannot unwind the clock and wish it never happened, it happened.

This is the same party that for a year has campaigned and championed a People's Vote as the only solution to get us out of the impasse. They've decided it's not the only solution now...:mad:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's ignoring a referendum happened outside our normal confines of representative democracy. What they are being clear about is that they are ignoring a vote the people took. Even though they are saying that as part of a policy in a representative election, doesn't make it democratic to ignore that vote. The 2 forms of democracy clash. We cannot unwind the clock and wish it never happened, it happened.

This is the same party that for a year has campaigned and championed a People's Vote as the only solution to get us out of the impasse. They've decided it's not the only solution now...:mad:

Don't vote for them if you don't like them. Get Brexit done with Boris in about the year 2030...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't vote for them if you don't like them. Get Brexit done with Boris in about the year 2030...

Don't worry I won't be. Won't stop me discussing policies and pronouncements from any of the parties though.

There is only one way to stop Brexit and that is for Labour to beat the Tories, a new deal negotiated and a confirmatory vote. If that needs the Lib Dems to hoover up a few Tory seats then fine, but if they take Labour seats, same with the SNP and the Tories win - Brexit will happen. Simple as that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't believe you wasted ten seconds of your life "making" that. To be fair it does make about as much sense as the average children's story though.

It was actually 9 seconds.:D

You need to ask Watford, Lever (Harry) and Bold how much time they waste spouting Bolloxs???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here