• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He actually has no interest in Brexit being done. The perfect scenario for him is for a hung Parliament and it being dragged out even longer.

Stood on a platform with a former Revolutionary Communist and Anne Widdecombe. You couldn't make it up. Actually you could, because he has.

The irony is perfect. If you really don't want Brexit done, it's not the Lib Dems you want to vote for, it's the Brexit Party! :lolol:

If Brexit is done, he's no longer leading the largest UK party in the European Parliament and his national broadcast air time is reduced to nothing but his LBC phone-in show. His post Brexit howls of betrayal will have little resonance - bar a major reinvention of himself, he's finished.

He needs this to drag out for as long as possible and preferably for Johnson and the Tories to spectacularly **** this up big time. Best of luck to him, I say. :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From a Tory point of view, assuming an increased majority, must be worth holding an election if only to get the medieval DUP monkeys off their back. With friends like those, who needs enemies?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From a Tory point of view, assuming an increased majority, must be worth holding an election if only to get the medieval DUP monkeys off their back. With friends like those, who needs enemies?

That is a huge assumption. With SNP and LDems likely to secure 80-90 seats between them, a majority is going to be pretty hard to come by for anyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Why would you assume an increased majority? They'll be wiped out in Scotland by the SNP, likely lose support of the DUP, Brexit party will cost them more votes than it'll cost Labour or the Lib Dems, who appear to be gaining momentum.

Theresa May had a 14 point lead right before ****ing everything up.

I can see things looking very tricky for the Tories. Their campaign stance is basically "trust us to be the ones to sort out the insane amount of shit we've caused".

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Dominic Cummings will have done his sums tho eh?

That assumes that Dominic Cummings is even half as clever as Dominic Cummings thinks he is!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I dare say he had already been frisked for weapons before the photo op.According to your mob ,he was just a politician,not a terrorist at all,at all.[/QUOTE]

So what was he when May and Johnson (separately) met him: terrorist or politician? Is it only you Tories - "your mob" in your charming parlance - who get the right to define someone, when it suits you - if Boris and May met McGuinness, he was a politician, but if Corbyn and McDonnell met him, he was a terrorist?

Never mind, I gave up expecting consistency or logic from Tories a long time ago.

I'm not taking sides but maybe it could be construed that he was a terrorist when Corbyn met him but with the change in climate he was more politician when Boris met him

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why would you assume an increased majority? They'll be wiped out in Scotland by the SNP, likely lose support of the DUP, Brexit party will cost them more votes than it'll cost Labour or the Lib Dems, who appear to be gaining momentum.

Theresa May had a 14 point lead right before ****ing everything up.

I can see things looking very tricky for the Tories. Their campaign stance is basically "trust us to be the ones to sort out the insane amount of shit we've caused".

Think the other parties should focus on TRUST, Boris has serial failure in his personal, professional ans political life.

Also he's really not that good, just a question whether the British people can be mugged one final time

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think the other parties should focus on TRUST, Boris has serial failure in his personal, professional ans political life.

Also he's really not that good, just a question whether the British people can be mugged one final time

If Labour and Lib Dems can somehow get over themselves and fall in line with each other, the Tories are completely ****ed.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I dare say he had already been frisked for weapons before the photo op.According to your mob ,he was just a politician,not a terrorist at all,at all.[/QUOTE]

So what was he when May and Johnson (separately) met him: terrorist or politician? Is it only you Tories - "your mob" in your charming parlance - who get the right to define someone, when it suits you - if Boris and May met McGuinness, he was a politician, but if Corbyn and McDonnell met him, he was a terrorist?

Never mind, I gave up expecting consistency or logic from Tories a long time ago.

Tory?How very dare you?Disenfranchised Lib-Dem,temporarily Brexit Party.Sorry if you object to "your mob"-how about marxist momentum rabble?
Martin was very much a terrorist when I met him at Long Kesh,but became a politician after the GFA.

D

Deleted member 2719

It’s channel 4’s dispatches claims most people are worried about, not Corbyn’s.

After Brexit, we’ll need a trade deal with the US. After the disastrous Brexit negotiations, it’s clear that we are in a very weak position when it comes to international trade negotiations. The US will get what they want from us and they’ll not even come to the table if we don’t offer up opportunities in healthcare for them.

Expect to see health insurance for each person so that the US pharmaceutical firms get the market price for their drugs rather than the huge NHS bulk purchase price they get at the moment.

There has been 11 meetings between our government and the US on the NHS already. If it’s not for sale, what the **** were they talking about?

Now, you wake up.

For the Torys to sell the NHS, it would be political suicide, it ain't going to happen.

Just keep making up your lies and trying and influence some young innocent less worldly, voters.

Corbyn and McDonell have some of you lot on puppet strings, they are playing you like a religious cult, and you're sucking it up by the bucket load.

Those men wear the 'mask of deceit'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For the Torys to sell the NHS, it would be political suicide, it ain't going to happen.

Just keep making up your lies and trying and influence some young innocent less worldly, voters.

Corbyn and McDonell have some of you lot on puppet strings, they are playing you like a religious cult, and you're sucking it up by the bucket load.

Pop the medicine back in the cabinet when you're done. :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

The Tories aren't stupid enough to simply 'sell off' the NHS. Instead it will be a campaign of deliberate under funding to make the public lose trust in the system. The Tories record on the NHS is absolutely appalling. In the last 9 years; half of maternity units have been closed at some point, we've had the junior doctor crisis, the nursing crisis, private NHS providers defrauding the state, the waiting lists for NHS services are at record highs, A/E waiting times are at record highs, people have been dying in hospital corridors, mental health services have been cut to the bone... If, after a decade of deliberate and systematic ruination of the NHS, they can get people to question whether a more American style system would possibly be better, they're well on their way to achieving their ambition of fully privatising the NHS and selling it off to their wealthy mates ala Thatcher in the 80s.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Tories aren't stupid enough to simply 'sell off' the NHS. Instead it will be a campaign of deliberate under funding to make the public lose trust in the system. The Tories record on the NHS is absolutely appalling. In the last 9 years; half of maternity units have been closed at some point, we've had the junior doctor crisis, the nursing crisis, private NHS providers defrauding the state, the waiting lists for NHS services are at record highs, A/E waiting times are at record highs, people have been dying in hospital corridors, mental health services have been cut to the bone... If, after a decade of deliberate and systematic ruination of the NHS, they can get people to question whether a more American style system would possibly be better, they're well on their way to achieving their ambition of fully privatising the NHS and selling it off to their wealthy mates ala Thatcher in the 80s.

It's almost like we're we're living in 1930's Europe, or some kind of Orwellian society.

As long as the newspapers tell me everything ok, there's no need to worry. It'll be fine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here