Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Asides the fact I couldn't give a shit one way or another, on what do you base your statement?

The ORiginal post suggested something which is clearly untrue, in fact it's possibly even slanderous. Even if labour win with a landslide. . . .no one has ever won an election and cruised through every radical idea their opponents have even dared suggested, let alone the ones they would like to.

It's little wonder the country is ****ed, right royally, up the arse, without even any royal intervention. Which would arguably be a good thing . . . And that really would be a sad state of affairs!

no need to chuck abuse about though...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Farage is currently kicking Boris repeatedly in the bollocks on the radio. Ho ho ho!

Edit: he says the Brexit party will field a candidate in every constituence in England Scotland and Wales.

And yet he is offering Boris and labour Brexit candidates an electoral alliance?

A 'Leave Alliance'....that puts 'country before party'....but 'if they chose not to we will stand up on our own'...

What the actual **** does he expect any remain or leave labour or tory candidate to do exactly?

Christ, what a charlatan.

Elections are not won via radio, or even fax for that matter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Farage's line of argument against the Johnson and withdrawal deal is increasingly sounding like argument to stay in the EU. no one is sold on the no deal approach (which even he wasnt advocating at the referendum) so what is the aim anymore? seems its only a vehicle to serve his ego now.

Yep. His one plan is an electoral alliance, but he has just said that he hasn't actually spoken to anyone in any other party about this.

He's just making it up as he's going along by the sound of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Farage is currently kicking Boris repeatedly in the bollocks on the radio. Ho ho ho!

But, his tin pot army are going after Labour seats rather than Tory. I think he's looking to split the Labour/Libdem remain voters so as Boris gets his majority.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With this degree of anti-Corbyn hysteria and wild accusations, you really ought to work for the Daily Mail or The Sun.I can just imagine you sitting there foaming-at-the-mouth while typing one-handed - albeit semi-illiterately. I always find it a wonderful irony that so many Right-wing patriots can't actually speak or write their own language properly.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste your words. He's nowhere near worth it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When the President says its not on the table - a man who speaks his mind, and who say if he wanted a NHS / US deal - says it isn't.

Wow. The man who has been proven to lie or mislead 13,435 times (at last count) since becoming President.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just don't agree with that rhetoric, there is no evidence that in the last 9 years privatisation has gone through the roof, in fact it has stayed at the same pace as under Labour from 1997-2010 , some private elements are needed, e.g. MacMillan nurses and drug companies which actually got the price of Orkamni down to a level that was affordable for the NHS.

The question was about the NHS, not about the railways which FWIW can work both under a nationalised system where there is no competition e.g. LNER or a competitive market where the line to Birmingham has two competing contracts and has actually increased standards.

I think it is about investment rather than actual privatisation. If you under investment, then you can reach a point where private service providers become a necessity. Demand for health care has increased over time as has the population. If you adjust figures accordingly, average spend per person from 1950 - 2017 is 3.3%. But if you break that down between 2010 - 2017 it has been 0.6%. It's creaking at the seams. You might not agree with the rhetoric, but the question might be do you think the NHS is sufficiently funded and cared for under the Tories?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With this degree of anti-Corbyn hysteria and wild accusations, you really ought to work for the Daily Mail or The Sun.I can just imagine you sitting there foaming-at-the-mouth while typing one-handed - albeit semi-illiterately(insult). I always find it a wonderful irony that so many Right-wing patriots can't actually speak or write their own language properly(assumption).

We have plenty (emotive/comparative) of poverty in Britain today, thanks to: austerity (but only for ordinary people, not for the rich(define rich); they've been showered with tax cuts on their obscene salaries(define obscene)), zero-hours contracts, and companies which pay £ millions to their bosses and shareholders, but the minimum wage to their workers - who actually produce the wealth through their work.

We have deaths caused by homelessness (as a percentage, just how many)(hypothermia in the winter)(condescending) - incidentally, many (needs accuracy)of the homeless are ex-army, yet the Tories don't care about them once they've served their political purpose.

And we have persecution of pro-EU Labour, Liberal Democrat and moderate Tory MPs,(both leave and remain) who are subjected to death threats, rape threats, online abuse, verbal abuse and spat at in the street. Many female MPs - particularly decent Tories - are standing-down in this election because of the abuse they have suffered from Right-wing nutters and thugs.Not forgetting Jo Cox, of course, murdered by a 'patriotic' Far Right thug. Have any Right-wing Tories or pro-Brexit MPs been persecuted in these ways? (None killed but abuse exists)

As to comparing a Corbyn-Britain to Mao's China (or, I guess, the former Soviet Union), you actually ought to read about these so-called Communist countries - they were awful societies in which the top 1% ruthlessly exploited the workers and peasants, took all the wealth for themselves claiming that they were providing the necessary leadership and wisdom on behalf of the masses. The elite thus lived in luxury in their Moscow apartments while the workers and peasants lived in slums or rural hovels,and shivered and starved. The elite also sent their kids to the best universities and ensured they had the best jobs in the elite after graduation, thus perpetuating the inequality. Dianne Abbott?

But if the workers tried to complain about their misery and poverty, and this unfairness, they were denounced as traitors, and told that their hardships were necessary to make the Motherland great - and that any attempt at change would make things 10 x worse.

Sounds like Tory Britain to me! Woe is me

As to Corbyn's dalliance with IRA terrorists:
View attachment 116791
View attachment 116792

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Edit: he says the Brexit party will field a candidate in every constituence in England Scotland and Wales.

And yet he is offering Boris and labour Brexit candidates an electoral alliance?

A 'Leave Alliance'....that puts 'country before party'....but 'if they chose not to we will stand up on our own'...

What the actual **** does he expect any remain or leave labour or tory candidate to do exactly?

Edit Edit: he expects tories to stand aside in constituencues where tories have never and will never win. And labour vice versa. Yeah.....right. Plum.
Farage has lost it - if ever he had it.

What a loon for thinking Johnson's deal "isn't Brexit". In the real world the deal is a very, very hard Brexit.

Still, if he splits off the swivel-eyed leavers from the more pragmatic leavers then all good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Isn't that a bit pointless and childish? ???

It is too soon for desperation - wait toll Labour's polling percentages start creeping up :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But, his tin pot army are going after Labour seats rather than Tory. I think he's looking to split the Labour/Libdem remain voters so as Boris gets his majority.

That's what I would have expected, but that wasn't what he was saying.

Hang on....do you think he might have been.....lying? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's a desperate pitch by Farage to stay relevant, and also to allow him the room for what he really wants, which is to be able to cry "BETRAYAL" at whatever happens.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I dare say he had already been frisked for weapons before the photo op.According to your mob ,he was just a politician,not a terrorist at all,at all.[/QUOTE]

So what was he when May and Johnson (separately) met him: terrorist or politician? Is it only you Tories - "your mob" in your charming parlance - who get the right to define someone, when it suits you - if Boris and May met McGuinness, he was a politician, but if Corbyn and McDonnell met him, he was a terrorist?

Never mind, I gave up expecting consistency or logic from Tories a long time ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Edit Edit: he expects tories to stand aside in constituencues where tories have never and will never win. And labour vice versa. Yeah.....right. Plum.

Genuine question here: Is it fully permissible under electoral law for a political party, standing candidates in a forthcoming election, to have their own national daily radio propaganda show?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Genuine question here: Is it fully permissible under electoral law for a political party, standing candidates in a forthcoming election, to have their own national daily radio propaganda show?

From next Wed election purdah kicks in, from then the rules kick in, from then he will be constrained.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i'd hazard a guess the election rules start when the formal election notice is given. that hasnt happened yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a desperate pitch by Farage to stay relevant, and also to allow him the room for what he really wants, which is to be able to cry "BETRAYAL" at whatever happens.

He actually has no interest in Brexit being done. The perfect scenario for him is for a hung Parliament and it being dragged out even longer.

Stood on a platform with a former Revolutionary Communist and Anne Widdecombe. You couldn't make it up. Actually you could, because he has.

The irony is perfect. If you really don't want Brexit done, it's not the Lib Dems you want to vote for, it's the Brexit Party! :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All this old twaddle about selling off the NHS must be desperation setting in already-best you have?If the Government wasn't in talks with American pharma suppliers you would be screeching about negligence.I'm sure they are just ensuring continuity of supply for when the EU blockades start,and they refuse to sell us anything.Insulin and isotopes being top of the earlier whine lists,IIRC.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Unbelievable comic writing. He's completely unaware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here