• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Wake up The NHS is NOT for sale.

You lot will believe anything Corbyn and Co says.

The man wears the 'mask of deceit'.
I'm pretty sure the US and Tories have been open with the fact they want to sell off more of the NHs, don't you follow the news?
But you accept that we're not too big a market that people have to deal with us?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wake up The NHS is NOT for sale.

You lot will believe anything Corbyn and Co says.

The man wears the 'mask of deceit'.

It’s channel 4’s dispatches claims most people are worried about, not Corbyn’s.

After Brexit, we’ll need a trade deal with the US. After the disastrous Brexit negotiations, it’s clear that we are in a very weak position when it comes to international trade negotiations. The US will get what they want from us and they’ll not even come to the table if we don’t offer up opportunities in healthcare for them.

Expect to see health insurance for each person so that the US pharmaceutical firms get the market price for their drugs rather than the huge NHS bulk purchase price they get at the moment.

There has been 11 meetings between our government and the US on the NHS already. If it’s not for sale, what the **** were they talking about?

Now, you wake up.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Tories have been in power for the last 9 years and two thirds of the NHS history. If they wanted to privatise the NHS it would have happened by now, when in fact money spent on private contractors fell from 2016-2018

For half that time they were propped up by the lib Dems and wouldn't have been able to. For the last few years they've been tackling Brexit

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Expect to see health insurance for each person so that the US pharmaceutical firms get the market price for their drugs rather than the huge NHS bulk purchase price they get at the moment.

There has been 11 meetings between our government and the US on the NHS already. If it’s not for sale, what the **** were they talking about?

Now, you wake up.

Now, I wonder if there is a very prominent Brexiteer who made a UK fortune selling insurance???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s channel 4’s dispatches claims most people are worried about, not Corbyn’s.

After Brexit, we’ll need a trade deal with the US. After the disastrous Brexit negotiations, it’s clear that we are in a very weak position when it comes to international trade negotiations. The US will get what they want from us and they’ll not even come to the table if we don’t offer up opportunities in healthcare for them.

Now, you wake up.

i enjoyed the inherent contradiction in this prediction. if health insurers got involved, they would go to the lowest price for the drug right? as they do already in the US. there's a lot of myths about US pharma and the biggest one seems to be they are the only pharma companies in the world. our patent law and pharma regulations are different so a lot of reported US issues aren't applicable over here. the US already access the UK market for medical products and could do so for medical care if they can provide competitive services.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I had a good chat with two of my neighbours last night. Apparently labour came second in the last GE here in 'Maidstone' (FFS - France is closer to Faversham than Maidstone). On that basis alone, I am now pledging my tactical vote to Labour. There are other bases too (for example, of the two parties with a chance of winning, one is headed by such an utter shitter that the other would probably have to be caught red handed having a dump in my hat to not get my vote), but contributing to the Johnson tories losing a seat by the most achievable means will do. Most of my street appear likely to be on the same bus. Fancy that. :shrug:

Fair enough Harry, but a vote for Corbyn and McDonnell?
Hope you hold your nose whilst casting your vote regardless of what may be in your hat!:shit::lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
https://youtu.be/Xz263nvH_V0

Can you really imagine America or any other country would want to deal with the dangerous brothers (Corbyn and McDonnell).

Has any leader backed or talked about them fondly?

They are the men that wear the 'mask of deceit'.

Think carefully about what you wish for.

The voice of a Crypto Facist from America, nice....

We have a massive trade surplus with the US already, have a health system that works for most people and doesn't bankrupt people and don't have sh1t food.

I'd rather leave as is, Trump only is interested in American interests...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If it was Johnson or Rees-Mogg kissing her hand, she'd be advised to count her fingers afterwards.

If Diane had her hand kissed, she may not notice any fingers missing from her hand, but on the other hand(no pun intended!), how would she count?:lolol:

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This "NHS for sale to USA" thing.... where did it come from?
All I know was an aside by Pres. Trump in which he called it a possibility if we did a trade deal.
The Tories promptly denied they would ever do it.
'Are we really worried about the loose talk of that fool Trump?

I suppose it is heaven sent election fodder for Labour , even if they know it's not true.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The biggest threat we have known to the UK since the war.

Corbyn and McDonnell, they would destroy this country for decades.

Think carefully for what you wish for.

Certainly a huge threat if they managed to carry out their economic policies without any constraints.
Hopefully that won't happen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i enjoyed the inherent contradiction in this prediction. if health insurers got involved, they would go to the lowest price for the drug right? as they do already in the US. there's a lot of myths about US pharma and the biggest one seems to be they are the only pharma companies in the world. our patent law and pharma regulations are different so a lot of reported US issues aren't applicable over here. the US already access the UK market for medical products and could do so for medical care if they can provide competitive services.

At the risk of answering for somebody else that doesn't address anything. He said "market prices". There would obviously need to be a negotiation in what that was, probably on a case by case basis. But it doesn't answer the main charge that the UK government has been in talks 11 times, nor my additional point that once health insurance was needed for every person in the UK one of the leading Brexiteers (Aaron Banks, so you don't have to look it up) has a record making money broking insurance using hard sales methods and would be ideally placed to do the same with health insurance.

That leads us to whether that cover would be adequate. Most non-advised protection sales in this country are inadequate which is why most companies still use IFAs and these IFAs get commission, and why disrupters such as Beagle St go after the IFAs as "dinosaurs" rather than harping on about how good their cover is. In America, particularly among the poor, many people's healthcare cover is either inadequate or non existant.

And that leads us on to the main point that I took from [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] 's post which is that this would be a huge change from the status quo. Currently health care is free at the point of delviery and drug costs are negotiated in bulk. Both these things would cease. I think that would be a bad thing.

And here's another thing. The response was one of your typical ones, contradicting someone's post without actually really saying whether you are in favour of it. In fact, in all the years I've been on NSC I've never once seen you say explicitly what you are in favour of (or against) as I have in the paragraph above. So, in order to understand why you would pick on what you (but not I) perceive as a small contradiction, rather than the potential life-threatening changes for poor people in this country that getting rid of the NHS would cause, can you tell us what you are in favour of. Who will you be voting for and why?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
i enjoyed the inherent contradiction in this prediction. if health insurers got involved, they would go to the lowest price for the drug right?

Wrong. Do car insurers go to the cheapest garage? You get a cheap price by buying in huge bulk like the NHS, insurance companies don’t have the scale to do this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Tories have been in power for the last 9 years and two thirds of the NHS history. If they wanted to privatise the NHS it would have happened by now, when in fact money spent on private contractors fell from 2016-2018

None of what you have said bears any relevance to post-Brexit, at which point we will be in an incredibly weak negotiating position, and there have been noises from the US that the NHS has to be on the table for a trade deal to be done.

So again, what makes you think it won’t be for sale?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

They know the majority in this country love the NHS and to just come out honestly and say their long term goal is to dismantle it would destroy them in the polls. So slow, steady and stealth is the aim. Slow erosion rather than revolution. What you should be asking is whether they are supporting, growing and adequately financing our NHS? Do you think they do have a long term goal of a state owned and run national health care system? How is that working for our railways, power networks, post office, utilities now run by other country's state owned entities?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here