• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really? Disappointing. Kyle to win is a licence to print a tiny amount of money and the odds are terrible on the seat spread. Together they might have funded my election night drinkies. Oh well.

I'll have a look but if not I'll pretime on NSC by doubling down on my prediction. Tories to get 350-375 and win comfortably.

Get some money on Boris losing his seat. The Tories should have put a bag put over his head and moved him to a safe seat but he’d have lost his ‘when I was Major of London’ line.

There is a huge campaign to cut the head off the Tory dragon and once you start looking at the demographics, you’ll see that he has quite a challenge on to hold the seat.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Your first reply said "great post".

Don't blame the edit for you misreading it.

No worries there, I certainly read it for what it was.

There may have been some irony in the 'great post', mostly regarding the spelling and grammar (corrected) but also for the content (uncorrected).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looking increasingly like how bigger majority the Tories are going to get, could even be close to 100.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
what is making him electable is the fact that he is on the LP ticket.

Wrong again I'm afraid. Hove and Portslade is one of those seats that has been held by Labour and the Tories over the years and that is because in general the people of the area vote for a person not a party. Indeed, some of Kyle's leaflets this election don't even mention the Labour Party. People are voting for him because he's a good MP not because he's 'Labour'. Hell, I'm right of centre and I voted for him last time because of his record as our MP. I've decided this time not to, with some regret, because I don't want the risk of Corbyn getting in. Last time it seemed unlikely that would happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Get some money on Boris losing his seat. The Tories should have put a bag put over his head and moved him to a safe seat but he’d have lost his ‘when I was Major of London’ line.

There is a huge campaign to cut the head off the Tory dragon and once you start looking at the demographics, you’ll see that he has quite a challenge on to hold the seat.

The ethnic minorities in the area will be considering windrush, go home vans etc in their decision

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wrong again I'm afraid. Hove and Portslade is one of those seats that has been held by Labour and the Tories over the years and that is because in general the people of the area vote for a person not a party. Indeed, some of Kyle's leaflets this election don't even mention the Labour Party. People are voting for him because he's a good MP not because he's 'Labour'. Hell, I'm right of centre and I voted for him last time because of his record as our MP. I've decided this time not to, with some regret, because I don't want the risk of Corbyn getting in. Last time it seemed unlikely that would happen.

More or less this, except I will vote for him as he's a tremendous local MP and as slightly left of centre I find Johnson and Corbyn to be an equal risk. I did post way back on this thread that, if the local Labour Party had deselected Kyle as they wanted to, I would have either voted for Kyle as an independant or for Tory Robert Nemeth, again on a personal basis. I suspect [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] must have missed that post, just as he totally misunderstands Hove and Portslade.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
there is a theory, im sure not just in my head, that if Johnson gets a large majority the Brexit will switch to a softer flavour, as he wont be beholden to the Brexiteer faction. we know Johnson isnt really tied to leave ideologically, "getting Brexit done" is as undefined and open ended as the referendum.

I had that theory about trump, he used to be quite centrist before being elected

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Funnily enough it's a seat where I do understand the demographics. My company has an office in Uxbridge. I've been working away on site for a couple of months but normally I'm up there between one and three days a week. It's always struck me as extremely un-Tory. There are the students at Brunel and a lot of people from different ethnic groups. It always strikes me as deprived. Of course there are some affluent parts too so getting rid of the head of the snake will depend on people turning out to vote.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wooohooo.

One more day and then we all get free stuff as they are taking all the Money off the billionaires. Fantastic scenes.

E74C5054-2D28-4229-AA91-1BD933EE1B3A.jpeg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Corbyn will ruin this country. Boris will ruin this country. Swinson will spend her whole time in charge worrying about gender neutral school uniforms.

There's a bit of me that wants a hung parliament and a bit of me that thinks that three idiots don't make an answer.

I understand your position, but there isn't an equivalence there. Johnson with a majority will have license to ruin this country, whereas Corbyn never will.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Except he took the whip from One Nation Tories and soft Brexiteers and stuffed the cabinet full of Alt Right wrong 'uns like Raab and Patel. I worry there won't be any soft Brexiteers left in the above situation. Like I say, though, no more firghtening than McDonnell and Abbott
Hopefully Raab gets booted out of Parliament tomorrow, and disgraced former International Development Secretary Patel will no doubt have to resign again soon.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
No worries there, I certainly read it for what it was.

There may have been some irony in the 'great post', mostly regarding the spelling and grammar (corrected) but also for the content (uncorrected).

No. It was very much about voting for Corbyn to save the NHS.

and your responded "great post".

Just admit you a) agreed with the sentiment or b) you misread it and we can move on our lives.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully Raab gets booted out of Parliament tomorrow, and disgraced former International Development Secretary Patel will no doubt have to resign again soon.

She been caught for telling lies, she is the correct qualifications for a Johnson cabinet, Little Miss Smug is going nowhere

Where's Ester McClueless by the way, not a peep from her in weeks?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No multiples in the betting markets
Really? Disappointing. Kyle to win is a licence to print a tiny amount of money and the odds are terrible on the seat spread. Together they might have funded my election night drinkies. Oh well.

I'll have a look but if not I'll pretime on NSC by doubling down on my prediction. Tories to get 350-375 and win comfortably.
It's because they're not mutually exclusive events non? I.e. if PK wins then the chance of a slimmer Con majority increases.

Regardless, thanks for the tip [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] I've lumped on

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funnily enough it's a seat where I do understand the demographics. My company has an office in Uxbridge. I've been working away on site for a couple of months but normally I'm up there between one and three days a week. It's always struck me as extremely un-Tory. There are the students at Brunel and a lot of people from different ethnic groups. It always strikes me as deprived. Of course there are some affluent parts too so getting rid of the head of the snake will depend on people turning out to vote.

The people of Uxbridge also feel aggrieved that their MP said he would lay down in front of a digger before Heathrow got a third runway, but went missing when the vote was passed.
It may have something to do with the vast sums of money JCB have donated to the Tories, but I couldn't possibly say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand your position, but there isn't an equivalence there. Johnson with a majority will have license to ruin this country, whereas Corbyn never will.

You're stating opinion as fact.

The reason many won't vote for Corbyn is they believe he WILL ruin this country in a way Johnson won't.

(Note: I don't suscribe to either view)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here