Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You seem to be stuck in your own verbosity and your powers of interpretation are clouded by your rabid, Brexit-supporting perspective.
Have another go at reading what I wrote and come back to me if you need more help in comprehending it.....

Come back to me if you need help in explaining your position without your prejudices showing through. On the other hand, don't - I can't be arsed trying to argue against entrenched delusions of superiority and blind prejudice.

I'm sure it can't possibly apply to you, but anyone who really believes no-one will take a chance to blame their shortcomings on Brexit really is a blind fool.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s funny, isn’t it?

For 40 years, the EU has been blamed for everything that is disliked in this country, even when it’s nothing to do with the EU.

Of course Brexit will be blamed for everything negative if it ever happens!
Very true. So, a sort of score draw then? (apart from blind fools who can only see one side because they can't see beyond their prejudice).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No politics on the running thread. That's the LAW :thumbsup:

Besides, a good debate should never get in the way of a friendship. My regular poker group includes a couple of Tories and an Extinction Rebellion member, We all get along fine.

However, my dislike of Corbyn has not much to do with scruffiness, nor will I enjoy Boris for one second. In fact, that's my point. Labour's uselessness has handed the keys of number 10 to a pontificating prevaricator, of whom Ken Clarke said "he couldn't run a whelk stall". I'm angry with Labour. I'm not particularly against them. Nemeth has certainly shown his true colours in this campaign. It seems the Eco Warrior act only lasts as long as he wants to sell organic honey to prosecco soaked mummies.

You have a choice of two things at this election, a Boris Johnson government for the next five years or a hung parliament where politicians from all parties will have to work together and no extreme policy from any party will be able to become law.

Given your dislike of Boris, why wouldn't you choose the latter?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Latest and last YouGov MRP poll just out ... Conservatives 339 seats, Labour 231, the Lib Dems 15 and the SNP 41.... likely Tory majority down to 28. Exciting!

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2019/

Need to get prices but my current instinct is to back a total number of Tory seats between 350 and 375 and Peter Kyle to win Hove as a double.Shy Tories and Shy Brexit will increase the seats from that prediction IMO. Final prediction to follow tomorrow though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You have a choice of two things at this election, a Boris Johnson government for the next five years or a hung parliament where politicians from all parties will have to work together and no extreme policy from any party will be able to become law.

Corbyn will ruin this country. Boris will ruin this country. Swinson will spend her whole time in charge worrying about gender neutral school uniforms.

There's a bit of me that wants a hung parliament and a bit of me that thinks that three idiots don't make an answer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You mean you just want to stop Brexit, and any sort of alliance will do?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Corbyn will ruin this country. Boris will ruin this country. Swinson will spend her whole time in charge worrying about gender neutral school uniforms.

There's a bit of me that wants a hung parliament and a bit of me that thinks that three idiots don't make an answer.
A hung parliament is more or less what we've had for the last two years, and look what a balls up that has made of running the country and sorting Brexit. About as bad as bad can be is I think a fair assessment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A hung parliament is more or less what we've had for the last two years, and look what a balls up that has made of running the country and sorting Brexit. About as bad as bad can be is I think a fair assessment.

We haven't had a hung parliament. That's bollocks.

We had a Tory party that were just short of an overall majoirty and arrived at a supply and confidence arrangement with the DUP*

That arrangement didn't "get Brexit done" because the right wing of the Tory Party rebelled with the ERG failing to back their own PM's deal. We then had the spectacle of Boris removing the whip from the Father of the House and many others and turning a working majority in to a hung parliament because, well, because he was mainly a massive toddler having a strop. And also because he wanted to engineer another election, rather than "getting Brexit done" because he knows how shit Corbyn is.

A proper hung parliament now might just turn a hard Brexit in to a reasonable one. The other alternative would be that Johnson gets a 50 -100 seat majority and, hopefully, there's a coup in Labour and they get someone electable in charge. On the basis that the country is already screwed, I'd take either.

*a supply and confidence agreement that they broke - but then they're mental religious fundamentalists. Not dissimilar to having an arrangement with the Taliban only in angry, Christian, slightly in denial about sexuality, form.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We haven't had a hung parliament. That's bollocks.

Bollocks. It was to all intents and purposes a hung Parliament - the government were unable to do anything; not even the whole of the (marginal) \tory majority voted with the government.
Yes, I do know there was a tiny Tory majority - you might have noticed that I didn't say there was a hung Parliament (which technically there wasn't); I said there was more or less a hung Parliament, which in effect (and effectiveness) there was.

A proper hung parliament now might just turn a hard Brexit in to a reasonable one.
Come off it! You know as well as I do that a hung Parliament would fanny around forever delaying any sort of Brexit in the hope that it would go away. Just like the last one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A proper hung parliament now might just turn a hard Brexit in to a reasonable one. The other alternative would be that Johnson gets a 50 -100 seat majority and, hopefully, there's a coup in Labour and they get someone electable in charge. On the basis that the country is already screwed, I'd take either.

there is a theory, im sure not just in my head, that if Johnson gets a large majority the Brexit will switch to a softer flavour, as he wont be beholden to the Brexiteer faction. we know Johnson isnt really tied to leave ideologically, "getting Brexit done" is as undefined and open ended as the referendum.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I think a hung parliament is the best result if both parties replace the leaders - other wise it’s pointless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bollocks. It was to all intents and purposes a hung Parliament - the government were unable to do anything; not even the whole of the (marginal) \tory majority voted with the government.
Yes, I do know there was a tiny Tory majority - you might have noticed that I didn't say there was a hung Parliament (which technically there wasn't); I said there was more or less a hung Parliament, which in effect (and effectiveness) there was.

Come off it! You know as well as I do that a hung Parliament would fanny around forever delaying any sort of Brexit in the hope that it would go away. Just like the last one.

Boris sacked 21 of his own MPs.
The Tories have messed up completely. They'be had three years and three Prime ministers to try to do what they wanted and failed. They called this election.

My husband was in the meeting and he heard the managing director say the redundancies were due to Brexit. You choose to not believe that, having told us three pages ago, that you couldn't care less, but are still arguing about it.

You protest too much.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle ( No....not the bloke who played for Norwich )....I've woken up from a long sleep and found myself in this halfway type of world. A suspension between sanity and madness. It feels like these three have been put in charge to punish us. A kind of bet to see which one can be the most inept. Yet, there are many out there slavering over their every word and lapping it up. Johnson....' the blonde leading the blind into the bland '.....Corbyn....' the dullable leading the gullible into the unattainable '....Swinson....' the sucker and the chuka leading the rest into the mucka '

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
there is a theory, im sure not just in my head, that if Johnson gets a large majority the Brexit will switch to a softer flavour, as he wont be beholden to the Brexiteer faction. we know Johnson isnt really tied to leave ideologically, "getting Brexit done" is as undefined and open ended as the referendum.

Except he took the whip from One Nation Tories and soft Brexiteers and stuffed the cabinet full of Alt Right wrong 'uns like Raab and Patel. I worry there won't be any soft Brexiteers left in the above situation. Like I say, though, no more firghtening than McDonnell and Abbott

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

He will do whatever is best for him, who knows what he represents

Meanwhile, the final phase of Tory voters manipulation that "we're on your side" is almost complete.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
No multiples in the betting markets

Really? Disappointing. Kyle to win is a licence to print a tiny amount of money and the odds are terrible on the seat spread. Together they might have funded my election night drinkies. Oh well.

I'll have a look but if not I'll pretime on NSC by doubling down on my prediction. Tories to get 350-375 and win comfortably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here