• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you really naïve enough to believe that nothing will ever be blamed on Brexit that actually has nothing to do with Brexit at all? 'Brexit' will become commonly used as an excuse for anything that goes wrong (if it hasn't been already) regardless of whether brexit is actually the reason. It'll be the 'goto' excuse for all manner of failure.

(That doesn't mean that some things won't be caused by Brexit - of course some outcomes will be due to Brexit. But not every outcome that will be cited as 'caused by Brexit'.)

It’s funny, isn’t it?

For 40 years, the EU has been blamed for everything that is disliked in this country, even when it’s nothing to do with the EU.

Of course Brexit will be blamed for everything negative if it ever happens!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep senior nursing sister at Leeds hospital advising it was a set up by the mother. No wonder the mother was asking for nothing else to come of it. As usual another Labour lie

Seen anymore facebook scams today?

I see the original post about the friend who is a senior nurse etc etc has apparently been taken down. Unfortunately, enough mugs saw it first.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Isn't the point not that he met people that may or may not have been members of the IRA or linked closely to them but that, if you are purporting to be an honest broker with regard to advancing the peace then surely you meet both sides? It's a bit similar to his links with Hamas where he meets those on one side of the conflict but not the other!

Think someone summed it up quite aptly on the radio the other day. Corbyn's problem is that he is just a political activist and not a credible leader!!!

I also wonder if he has ever met a terrorist he doesn't think is misunderstood/innocent or prepared to call his friend ...

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Isn't the point not that he met people that may or may not have been members of the IRA or linked closely to them but that, if you are purporting to be an honest broker with regard to advancing the peace then surely you meet both sides? It's a bit similar to his links with Hamas where he meets those on one side of the conflict but not the other!

This is typical nonsense - the 'other side' of the conflict in the North is actually the british government - are you suggesting that Corbyn has not engaged with the British government and British parliament on this issue - you could go in the other direction and say he should meet with Unionists - well he has - repeatedly - indeed he was attacked in recent times of 'cozying' up to Unionists.

Same with Hamas - Corbyn has traveled to Israel several times - he has visited the Knesset, he has met with members of the Knesset (from different parties) in Israel and in Britain and he has regularly met Israeli delegations of various descriptions visiting Britain.

It really is a load of bollix.

Think someone summed it up quite aptly on the radio the other day. Corbyn's problem is that he is just a political activist and not a credible leader!!!
So the lying, cheating, homophobic, racist, misogynist, anti-Semite that currently holds the job is a 'credible leader' ?

Maybe - for once - what Britain needs is a political activist rather than a careerist politician in the top job.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Noticeable that the three biggest Corbyn shills on here, Middlesboro Mikey, Jolly Irish Giant and Ben don’t have a nano second inside the Amex Stadium between them. It’s enough to make you want to side with Chicken Run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bless.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

And the point you are trying to prove?

Corbyn condemned all bombings and killings - and in the context of the North of Ireland that is exactly what needed to be done - singling out one group of killers from another only added fuel to the fire - remember there was British military collusion with loyalist paramilitaries that resulted in the sectarian murder of many Catholics.

As for the LP video - I really don't get the point you are trying to make.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
1,300 doctors and nurses have said another 5 years of Tories will be the end of the NHS.

So on Thursday, remember, you might hate Corbyn but you'll hate not having the NHS more.

Don't shoot yourself in the face.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When not subverting the UK state from my dingy Moscow basement, I have occasionally been known to frequent the west stand upper, and make the odd trip to Gillingham with Liz Costa, and buy Gulls Eye from Lenny Rider on the corner of Newtown Road. Not that it has any bearing on this political debate. You seem to be thinking that long-term Albion fans cannot be left wing. Why shouldn`t others contribute to this debate?

Feb 2019 NSC join date and only post on the political threads. It's a reasonable assumption based on that. With that background you should post on football. You'd make more sense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seen anymore facebook scams today?

I see the original post about the friend who is a senior nurse etc etc has apparently been taken down. Unfortunately, enough mugs saw it first.

The Yorkshire Post has confirmed the story was true, and published the NHS trust apology to the mother.

The original Facebook post from Sheree Jenner-Hepburn was suddenly closed down, but only after hundreds of bots repeated her post word for word.
She alleged that she'd been hacked.

Now, it appears her son has a friend called Matt Hancock. What a coincidence, eh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Add me in with the anti Semite, scruffy non STH. Enjoy Boris and the those that come along with him.

All carries on as normal on running thread. ������*♂️

No politics on the running thread. That's the LAW :thumbsup:

Besides, a good debate should never get in the way of a friendship. My regular poker group includes a couple of Tories and an Extinction Rebellion member, We all get along fine.

However, my dislike of Corbyn has not much to do with scruffiness, nor will I enjoy Boris for one second. In fact, that's my point. Labour's uselessness has handed the keys of number 10 to a pontificating prevaricator, of whom Ken Clarke said "he couldn't run a whelk stall". I'm angry with Labour. I'm not particularly against them. Nemeth has certainly shown his true colours in this campaign. It seems the Eco Warrior act only lasts as long as he wants to sell organic honey to prosecco soaked mummies.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is typical nonsense - the 'other side' of the conflict in the North is actually the british government - are you suggesting that Corbyn has not engaged with the British government and British parliament on this issue - you could go in the other direction and say he should meet with Unionists - well he has - repeatedly - indeed he was attacked in recent times of 'cozying' up to Unionists.

You know full well that I'm referring to the loyalist side of the argument, not the British government

Same with Hamas - Corbyn has traveled to Israel several times - he has visited the Knesset, he has met with members of the Knesset (from different parties) in Israel and in Britain and he has regularly met Israeli delegations of various descriptions visiting Britain.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/J...t-to-free-nuclear-secret-seller-Vanunu-565035

It really is a load of bollix.

So the lying, cheating, homophobic, racist, misogynist, anti-Semite that currently holds the job is a 'credible leader' ?

Maybe - for once - what Britain needs is a political activist rather than a careerist politician in the top job.

Can't argue with your characterisation of Johnson but Corbyn is equally hopeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here