Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes Corbyn will. More strikes maybe back to the 70s and power cuts to boot. Stock up on candles

I think you've got it wrong there. A Tory majority would be much more likely to end up with strikes...….. particularly when they don't carry out the ridiculously unbelievable promises they have made.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As stated on the CPAG website, child poverty reduced dramatically between 1998 and 2012. It has however, risen dramatically since and is set to increase by another 40% by 2022. The fact that Tory austerity saw deep cuts to education, benefits, youth services, sure starts, arts, sports etc has nothing to do with it though, right?

Im not disputing its an issue, but if you read the full fact link i posted it has been an issue for many years,
I tend to prefer information from their website(usually has links as well) to you spouting the Tories have plunged 4 million children into poverty when the numbers have been at around these unacceptable high levels for many years.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Corbyn will destroy the UK? Really? After 9 years of Tory austerity...

- Half of maternity units closed at some point last year
- Teaching crisis
- Nursing crisis
- Policing crisis
- Armed forces crisis
- Wages in decline
- Windrush
- Private prison crisis
- Private train companies defrauding the state
- Private nhs providers defrauding the state
- Private academies closing shop
- Waiting lists for nhs services at record levels
- A/E waiting times at record highs
- People dying in hospital corridors
- Social care crisis
- Food bank useage at record high
- 4 million children living in poverty
- Homelessness at an all time high
- House building at lowest levels since 1920’s...

But yeah, it’ll be Corbyn that’ll destroy the country. Jesus wept :facepalm:

None of that has impacted my or anyone I know.

But enlighten us all please with some evidence to back up your claims. Please do not post Guardian links.

Windrush impacted how many people?

4 million kids in poverty, please define poverty?

What teaching crisis?

Private prison crisis? What crisis is that?

Policing crisis? We are seeing more recruited. Are we in a crisis at the minute? Define crisis. Are the baddies winning?

NHS issues. What percentage more are dying waiting for treatment now compared to 20 years ago?

Armed forces crisis? Wow what country is attacking us and we cannot defend ourselves against?

Social care crisis? What is that all about?

If you genuinely think the country is in any form of crisis, you clearly are pretty clueless.

Rather than write crap that is listed on a Labour Party flyer, actually think about things.

If things were as bad as you have speculated, the Conservative lead would not be up to 12 points as it is tonight.

I’m a civil servant btw. Quite senior on my office. Not quite SCS but not far away. I see no crisis. we are managing just fine.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Im not disputing its an issue, but if you read the full fact link i posted it has been an issue for many years,
I tend to prefer information from their website(usually has links as well) to you spouting the Tories have plunged 4 million children into poverty when the numbers have been at around these unacceptable high levels for many years.

I never said it wasn’t an issue before the Tories. I pointed out that it got better under Labour at the turn of the century but has gotten steadily worse under the Tories in the last decade due to harsh austerity measures that have directly hit the most vulnerable in society the hardest.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yep, that's PPF, the racist, and the xenophobic twins, Tuppence and pastafarian.

Its not xenophobic to want to be out of a 28 member political club and wanting the UK to expand our trade, reach and friendship with many more countries globally or even racist to want immigration for EU and Non EU citizens to be under the same immigration system.
Your failing is not understanding this.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

But enlighten us all please with some evidence to back up your claims. Please do not post Guardian links.

What teaching crisis?

Policing crisis? We are seeing more recruited. Are we in a crisis at the minute? Define crisis. Are the baddies winning?

NHS issues. What percentage more are dying waiting for treatment now compared to 20 years ago?

Armed forces crisis? Wow what country is attacking us and we cannot defend ourselves against?

If you genuinely think the country is in any form of crisis, you clearly are pretty clueless.

Rather than write crap that is listed on a Labour Party flyer, actually think about things.

If things were as bad as you have speculated, the Conservative lead would not be up to 12 points as it is tonight.

I’m a civil servant btw. Quite senior on my office. Not quite SCS but not far away. I see no crisis. we are managing just fine.

Standard Tory “I’m alright Jack” voter attitude. I would happily provide you with all the information you’ve missed over the last 9 years but, as it would take rather a long time and you’d probably ignore it anyway, I’ll pass thanks. But seriously, what rock have you been living under? Or do you just live a lovely little bubble created by the Daily Mail or Daily Express? I will say this though, as a teacher working in some pretty deprived areas in the West Midlands I can assure you it is happening and you should consider yourself lucky that you’ve not been impacted by the Tories cruel austerity measures.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

What teaching crisis?

Boy are you out of touch !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Do you live and work in a vacuum of some kind?

What teaching crisis?

Oh.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I have made my point.

And of all those voting, we’ll see a Conservative majority on Thursday as people will agree with how I’ve explained things.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Standard Tory “I’m alright Jack” voter attitude. I would happily provide you with all the information you’ve missed over the last 9 years but, as it would take rather a long time and you’d probably ignore it anyway, I’ll pass thanks. But seriously, what rock have you been living under? Or do you just live a lovely little bubble created by the Daily Mail or Daily Express? I will say this though, as a teacher working in some pretty deprived areas in the West Midlands I can assure you it is happening and you should consider yourself lucky that you’ve not been impacted by the Tories cruel austerity measures.

Perhaps you could also explain why teachers always have to tell people they are teachers?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Its not xenophobic to want to be out of a 28 member political club and wanting the UK to expand our trade, reach and friendship with many more countries globally or even racist to want immigration for EU and Non EU citizens to be under the same immigration system.
Your failing is not understanding this.

PPF is a racist.

You and I came to the conclusion on the Brexit thread that you are xenophobic.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Perhaps you could also explain why teachers always have to tell people they are teachers?

I mention it because the previous poster denied there was a teaching crisis (massive recruitment/ retention/ wellbeing/ workload issues plus huge issues surrounding funding with schools having to send begging letters to parents and even close early because they can’t afford to pay staff) and the fact my profession and geographical location means I work alongside families and children in deprived areas who are suffering from poverty. My personal experiences of having to watch children come in to school in tears because they’ve either not eaten or have had a meagre breakfast, is evidence that the bubble that the previous poster lives in isn’t the reality for many.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

What teaching crisis?

Sweet Jesus. For sheer crassness this takes some beating.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You and I came to the conclusion on the Brexit thread that you are xenophobic.

sigh
Yeah ok, i came to the conclusion i was a xenophobe......whatever floats your boat.

Blackadder.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Does anyone know when question time will do a program for the over 30s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here