Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Researchers have suggested that in extreme cases, the Tories vote share could be as much as 12pts too high.

Weighting against the 2016 referendum, deaths and newly 18 year olds since, and new polling showing 52% to remain all big factors in the miscalculation.

And many experts, including the one the BBC use on election nights that got an OBE or something ( his name escapes me ), suggest that the percentage the Tories get in the polls is often lower than reality because there are plenty of hidden Tory voters not prepared to indicate they will vote Tory. And given the hysterical, vile hyperbole posted on here by some non-tory voters who can blame them !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The previous decade Labour pissed it all away, so cutbacks were inevitable!
They didn't piss it all away. We were up shit street because of the banks. Prior to the crash, the national debt as a % of GDP was 41.5% (under Major in 1992 it was 44.5%).

Do yourself a favour and do a bit of research before making dumb tory fed comments. Next, you'll probably say that a joke letter left by the chief secretary to the treasury was in fact true and that nurses, fireman, armed forces etc etc were not going to get paid for a few years!!!!!

God help this country. Morons like you voting blue and another set voting for Corbyn!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
And many experts, including the one the BBC use on election nights that got an OBE or something ( his name escapes me ), suggest that the percentage the Tories get in the polls is often lower than reality because there are plenty of hidden Tory voters not prepared to indicate they will vote Tory. And given the hysterical, vile hyperbole posted on here by some non-tory voters who can blame them !
Maybe they should start a #metoo campaign

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've gone through the various options time and time again but here we are 2 days out from polling day and in all honesty I cannot think of a party I can positively vote for. What a sad state of affairs and I can't be the only one thinking like this.

For the first time ever, I don't think I will be voting in a General Election. Not because I can't be bothered but mostly because I don't want to endorse any of the options presented.

Effing shambles.

Think about the present Prime Minister, who as Mayor of London, closed 10 fire stations, sold the land they were built on, for luxury flats to be built on.
Then vote for the most likely candidate to keep him out of 10 Downing Street. Maybe even Monster Raving Loony Party.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have you got any links to any of these 'many experts' opinions about these so called hidden voters. (I assume you are referring to Sir John Curtice as the expert the beeb use)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Maybe they should start a #metoo campaign

So maybe, just maybe, people should grow up and participate in mature debate, accepting people can hold different political views and that holding these views doesn't make them thick, vile or ****s ? One can live in hope I guess. Politicians are fair game - fellow voters are not.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The previous decade Labour pissed it all away, so cutbacks were inevitable!

Very true ...

Liam-Byrne-there-is-no-money-left-note-790x378.png

Interestingly, Labour usually runs up huge debts/bankrupts the country by the end of their term in office but the current lot want to start down this path on day one. :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Have you got any links to any of these 'many experts' opinions about these so called hidden voters. (I assume you are referring to Sir John Curtice as the expert the beeb use)

On my phone at the moment but I'm sure if I have a few boring moments tomorrow I can get you some links. Correct on Sir John - thank you.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
So maybe, just maybe, people should grow up and participate in mature debate, accepting people can hold different political views and that holding these views doesn't make them thick, vile or ****s ? One can live in hope I guess. Politicians are fair game - fellow voters are not.
Not thick. But definitely lacking in basic human morality.

There is no "mature debate" to be had. Tory policies are more austerity and repeating the words "get brexit done" until oblivion.

Mature debate will happen when the Tories start championing their own policies rather than character assinations, fake news and spreading lies about the opposition.

But right now, I'll take the sheer fact that the Tories do not want to talk about their policies as evidence that what they're offering us is pretty damn sh1t.

When Tory voters start admitting they don't want to pay extra taxes to help the poor then I'll start to show them some respect for at least being truthful. But right now they're hiding thesw alright Jack shenanigans under a guiseof Corbyn will destroy the economy. It's very convenient.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I see that one of the leaders of Israel’s main centre-left party, Yair Lapid, has joined the religious leaders of all the major faiths in the UK in voicing their disquiet about seeing Jeremy Corbyn in number 10 ...

‘Usually, you’re not supposed to interfere with elections in other countries, but in this case I’m going to make an exception.

‘Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite. If you want to know something in this world, you have to come to an expert. There are experts about anti-Semites and these experts are called Jews.

‘And so I’m an expert on this. We can tell an anti-Semite when we see. This is not even a new form of anti-Semitism. We talk quite often about this black and red coalition against the Jews, but this is old-school, plain anti-Semitism, just using new excuses.

‘And everyone in his right mind should take this into consideration while walking into the polling booth, because racists are racists are racists and Jeremy Corbyn is a racist.’

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
:facepalm: The fact that USA, Germany, Japan, Canada all have cooperation tax rates above 20% and companies aren’t exactly queuing up to leave is conveniently left out... and you’ll excuse me if I don’t shed a tear for the top 5% having to pay more tax when 4 million children are in poverty.

Everyone wants to help the poor, so why shouldn’t everyone pay for it by increasing income tax. It really is that simple. I will never accept why if you’ve been successful and worked hard, you should be penalised.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I see that one of the leaders of Israel’s main centre-left party, Yair Lapid, has joined the religious leaders of all the major faiths in the UK in voicing their disquiet about seeing Jeremy Corbyn in number 10 ...

‘Usually, you’re not supposed to interfere with elections in other countries, but in this case I’m going to make an exception.

‘Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite. If you want to know something in this world, you have to come to an expert. There are experts about anti-Semites and these experts are called Jews.

‘And so I’m an expert on this. We can tell an anti-Semite when we see. This is not even a new form of anti-Semitism. We talk quite often about this black and red coalition against the Jews, but this is old-school, plain anti-Semitism, just using new excuses.

‘And everyone in his right mind should take this into consideration while walking into the polling booth, because racists are racists are racists and Jeremy Corbyn is a racist.’
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1204134880768135170?s=19

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1204110972803256322?s=19

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1203749493314904064?s=19

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

https://twitter.com/Trickyjabs/status/1204127389216841734?s=19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here