Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have we already reached peak election, no commentry on the debate?

it wasnt worth watching, nothing new said.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
What part of 'let's get Brexit done' don't you understand?

I say that as a remainer who still thinks Brexit won't happen.

You don't argue the best way to circumnavigate the planet with folk who believe it is flat. :shrug:

What type of Brexit - the Johnson Brexit where the US carve up the NHS and what is left of British public services - where poverty and deprivation will grow - where Johnson and his ilk will whip up xenophobia and racism to maintain a powerbase -

or

a Brexit that protects public services and workers rights

(and I say these things as someone who supports the dismantling of the neo-liberal imperialist bloc that is the EU).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Johnson has smashed Corbyn out the park tonight, ably assisted by wet Nick who was awful.

Have you not noticed the smirk on Boris's face when he replies to questions ? It is a smile of someone who really can't believe what they are saying and the smile of someone who can't believe that people are falling for his bluster. He has no real answers or any solutions other than to muddy the waters and hope that something turns up. Sadly, enough fools will believe him and our once great nation will subside further down the pan...…How do we accept Food Banks and in work poverty as being acceptable and still vote Tory ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What type of Brexit - the Johnson Brexit where the US carve up the NHS and what is left of British public services - where poverty and deprivation will grow - where Johnson and his ilk will whip up xenophobia and racism to maintain a powerbase -

or

(and I say these things as someone who supports the dismantling of the neo-liberal imperialist bloc that is the EU).

You don't do irony, do you? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I could barely bring myself to listen to the same old tired cliches from both of the protagonists once again, but it seems Johnson got a slightly louder reception at the end so on the basis of that, I'm adjudicating that he won the debate.

Excellent. Prime Minister by clapometer. Clap is also somehting Johnson is considerably more likely to have than Corbyn.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Have you not noticed the smirk on Boris's face when he replies to questions ? It is a smile of someone who really can't believe what they are saying and the smile of someone who can't believe that people are falling for his bluster. He has no real answers or any solutions other than to muddy the waters and hope that something turns up. Sadly, enough fools will believe him and our once great nation will subside further down the pan...…How do we accept Food Banks and in work poverty as being acceptable and still vote Tory ?

We have a similar guy in Ireland - he is an Irish Tory - and his name is Leo Varadkar

river

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

There is a colleague of mine at work....absolutely delights in his own lies. Psychopath. Incredibly successful. Nearly 30 years ago a student (or maybe another member of staff - wasn't me) wrote in one of the bogs: "***** **** has Chinese love eggs up his arse". Superb allegory.

Boris is the same.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
have we already reached peak election, no commentry on the debate?

it wasnt worth watching, nothing new said.

I played FIFA20 with my son (lowlight being a 7-1 defeat for me as Sheffield United against his Wolves, highlight a 3-1 win for me in a re run of the Merseyside Derby in which he ended up with nine men). I can honestly say it was more fun, less predictable and a good deal more productive than the debate. And both of us could probably do a better job of running the country than Johnson and Corbyn.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Out if interest, what are the timescales you are expecting to get Brexit 'over the line'?

Just the simple ones,

When do you expect the WA to be agreed?
When do you expect the EU trade negotiations to start?
When do you expect the EU trade negotiations to end?
Do you think the implementation period will be extended?
When do you think the new 'divorce bill' should be negotiated until?

Or when you say 'over the line' do you mean at some point in 10 years + (or, if you believe JRM 50 years +) time?

Dear Lord, what is wrong with you.
Get Brexit over the line or get Brexit done simply means get the withdrawal aspect and withdrawal treaty through parliament and the withdrawal implemented by the close of the jan 31st extension date, how on earth don’t you know this

Here is a couple of questions for you to answer.
Do you think the transition period after completing the withdrawal treaty will need to be extended to finalise a trade deal with the EU?
If yes
How long will the transition period need to be extended by?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I could barely bring myself to listen to the same old tired cliches from both of the protagonists once again, but it seems Johnson got a slightly louder reception at the end so on the basis of that, I'm adjudicating that he won the debate.

If only one of them had come up with whole-hearted support for Amazon's business model then you would not have to have relied on a clapometer result to decide the victor.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

so you believe the EU controls our public services and worker rights?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think a draw was a fair result, but what a good watch that turned out to be - well worth it for that cracking finale. To do so well to go in front then mess up at the end like that though. :facepalm: Samba did alright up until that in stoppage time and I thought Lewis Grabben had.............oh wrong thread.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I played FIFA20 with my son (lowlight being a 7-1 defeat for me as Sheffield United against his Wolves, highlight a 3-1 win for me in a re run of the Merseyside Derby in which he ended up with nine men). I can honestly say it was more fun, less predictable and a good deal more productive than the debate. And both of us could probably do a better job of running the country than Johnson and Corbyn.

i think i would rather have watched this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
so you believe the EU controls our public services and worker rights?

We could ask you " Which is more likely to protect public services and workers rights, a Conservative government or the EU " ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Having seen Mrs Guinness comments re: your other sprog's political thoughts this week, I'd like to see a debate between Whirlwind and Johnson....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think a draw was a fair result, but what a good watch that turned out to be - well worth it for that cracking finale. To do so well to go in front then mess up at the end like that though. :facepalm: Samba did alright up until that in stoppage time and that I thought Lewis Grabben had.............oh wrong thread.

Similarly on that lighter theme, I was elated with Millwall’s equaliser. Forest had been outplayed most of the match, it would’ve been harsh on Millwall.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
....and what changed your mind from being an 'ardent remainer' to a tory endorser?

Politicians refusing to enact the democratic will of the electorate. I was always a Tory remainer though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can I ask oh learned ones, how are we going to work a four day week without losing money? Labour say productivity, does that mean the barmaid is going to serve me quicker in my local? The builder lay more bricks? The cafe make my sandwich quicker?

Added to this all the comrades have spent the majority of their lives attempting to stop initiatives to increase productivity. The postmen, the print workers, the car builders, the steel workers, I could carry on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here