• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Why have you just thought up a bullshit scenario which is clearly not how it would work?

Yep, you are right. It was a bullshit scenario which clearly wouldn't work that way. I didn't think it through.

Labour want to create, or refocus RBS, a full banking service in 3,600 Post Bank Branches, with all the overheads that entails, to compete with high street banks, to: "set up a £250 billion National Investment Bank and network of Regional Development Banks to give our businesses, infrastructure and industries of the future the funding they need "

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1202894001474551808[/TWEET]

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Did they forget to put this policy in their manifesto or, alternatively, having got grief for their tax proposals which are hostile to small business, have they just made something up quickly to try and make amends.

I wonder what other rabbits they'll be pulling from their hat over coming days that somehow missed the manifesto print deadline.

Actually it was dreamed up in March 2019. Just picked up by the BBC.

https://labour.org.uk/press/labour-sets-plans-radical-shake-uk-banking-system/

Something this radical must be in the manifesto. Shouldn't it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the words - "Some people with learning difficulties don’t understand about money" - that she's being castigated for locally. It's really not gone down well at all, to put it mildly.

Apparently she was due to appear on Victoria Derbyshire this morning, but was strangely taken ill overnight and pulled out. She's managed to put out a statement this morning though:

I have a statement prepared regarding last night's hustings.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I was trying to emphasise that more needs to be done to help those with learning disabilities into the workplace and having properly paid work. I did not say anyone should be paid less.

“My comments have been taken out of context, but I do apologise if any offence or alarm has been caused. The number of disabled people in work has hit a record high under this government, and I am committed to doing more to supporting those with learning disabilities into good, secure jobs.”

Her comments at the hustings come hot on the heels of a photo of her emerging, a Tory candidate in deprived coastal town after 9 years of austerity, grinning happily in a foodbank in Hastings, which hasn't gone too well either:

View attachment 117910

I just read that after reading the pathetic 'joke' about Corbyn posted above it.

I am far from suggesting that all tories are *****, but some of them very certainly are.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Those that can be convinced yes. But a lot are just mindwashed to the point they just eat the lies, its like talking to a brick wall.

I dread to think what might happen when at last you grow up and mature -you could be quite dangerous.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You're not the Tory candidate for Hastings are you ? You're certainly stupid enough and nasty enough to be it

Don't be so pathetic. You read Plooks's posts and they are full of insults and quite naked hatred, to say nothing of his utter refusal to listen to others.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Show your working on that one. You can't as are bare face LYING.
For a starter explain how those earning below the tax threshold will pay more tax?

under the Labour proposed changes, those with low incomes that sell shares to supplement income, like a lot of pensioners do, will be losing their capital gains tax allowance and paying CGT.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
under the Labour proposed changes, those with low incomes that sell shares to supplement income, like a lot of pensioners do, will be losing their capital gains tax allowance and paying CGT.

Absolutely correct. Shareholders will be taxed more when they sell their shares.

And if they also happen (as well as being shareholders) to have low incomes ???

Bit like people on low incomes who sell businesses, property, land or any other significant assets.

People on low incomes without significant assets (Shirley only a very small proportion of people on low incomes ?) won't get taxed more though.

*edit* Besides which Labour won't get a majority so this is all meaningless noise. It's simply about Brexit and and whether Johnson gets a majority or not :shrug:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you ignore other posters whose posts you don't agree with? Of course you don't, so why suggest I should.

Not agreeing with posts is one thing. You said he’s full of hatred . Just wandering why you would engage with someone you find that nasty, when you simply don’t have to?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you ignore other posters whose posts you don't agree with? Of course you don't, so why suggest I should.

To be fair, I don't think you should.

I think everyone should find their own intellectual challenge and then spend their time and effort trying to prove they are correct :thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not agreeing with posts is one thing. You said he’s full of hatred . Just wandering why you would engage with someone you find that nasty, when you simply don’t have to?

If you don't, someone so twisted may just get the idea that their insults are in fact quite justified. I will remember this exchange next time you hurl an insult at someone you don't like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here