Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We already know what life is like under Corbyn in the Labour Party .... a Jewish female Labour MP needing additional police protection at the 2018 Labour party conference and a female BBC journalist needing a bodyguard also at the Labour party conference. If a journalist asks Corbyn a vaguely challenging question the Corbynista rent a mob boos and tries to shout them down. Plus of course, the Shadow Chancellor has got form endorsing political intimidation/violence ..

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/top-five-times-john-mcdonnell-supported-political-violence/

#thenastyparty

And the Tories are seemingly institutionally islamophobic. At least Corbyn has a long history of fighting for civil rights unlike Boris “bum boys, letterboxes, piccaninnies with watermelon smiles“ Johnson...

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/tory-islamophobia-row

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And the Tories are seemingly institutionally islamophobic. At least Corbyn has a long history of fighting for civil rights unlike Boris “bum boys, letterboxes, piccaninnies with watermelon smiles“ Johnson...

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/tory-islamophobia-row

Trying genuinely to steer a neutral line - the phobia you mention is not confined to any political party, similarly with anti-Semitism, though the Labour party at present gets accused. I am sure that there are right-wing anti-semites, as there are traditional labour supporters who fear the spread of islam. Probably not the Islington trendy set who like more curry houses, darling, but those in traditional areas most affected by immigration.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trying genuinely to steer a neutral line - the phobia you mention is not confined to any political party, similarly with anti-Semitism, though the Labour party at present gets accused. I am sure that there are right-wing anti-semites, as there are traditional labour supporters who fear the spread of islam. Probably not the Islington trendy set who like more curry houses, darling, but those in traditional areas most affected by immigration.

Jews face hatred these days from the hard left and hard right, as well as from cranks with a large following such as Icke.

A pincer movement on an ethnic group.

Nasty stuff.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I don’t deny that there are problems with anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry within the Labour Party. Given that anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry are shockingly commonplace in wider society, any organisation of the size of either the Labour Party or the Tories, are bound to have a few horrible people kicking around.

The problem is the way the mainstream media insist on presenting the anti-Semitism debate as if it's a Labour-specific problem that's getting worse under Jeremy Corbyn, a life long advocate of civil rights, yet barely mention the Islamophobia that is seemingly prevalent within the Tories (see link above).

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I don’t deny that there are problems with anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry within the Labour Party. Given that anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry are shockingly commonplace in wider society, any organisation of the size of either the Labour Party or the Tories, are bound to have a few horrible people kicking around.

The problem is the way the mainstream media insist on presenting the anti-Semitism debate as if it's a Labour-specific problem that's getting worse under Jeremy Corbyn, a life long advocate of civil rights, yet barely mention the Islamophobia that is seemingly prevalent within the Tories (see link above).

The anti semitism thing is ridiculous.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Ive just been told on FB by an English Jewish woman living in Israel, who is slagging off Corbyn, that Anti Israel, is the new Anti Semitism. Its bollocks of course, as was the rest of her silly tantrum. Told me that Palestinians were 'foreigners'. From somebody born, not even in the region, I found that hilarious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

But many so senior Labour figures such as Watson and Harman have expressed dismay at the way the new anti-semitism in the Labour Party has not been crushed by the leadership. They also point out that the Labour Party until this particular period, prided itself on NOT harbouring racists in its midst.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Your neutrality shines through like a beacon in the darkness :lolol::lolol::lolol:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Less than 0.06% of the Labour membership are antisemitic. Lower than conservatives and the UK as a whole.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, I see the point you are making with some justification - possibly because islamophobia permeates through all sections of society. Yes, left-wingers will say it is all the fault of the right-wing press, and I dare say that is what you will conclude . .get back to SPAG preparation!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
How on earth can something like this be properly proven or disproven? Do I love palace? Yes I do, I say in public to look tolerant. (but I hate them)

“Our records show that antisemitism cases that have gone through the stages of our disciplinary procedures since September 2015 account for about 0.06% of the party’s membership. This represents a tiny minority, but one antisemite is one too many, and we will continue to act against this repugnant form of racism.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...tisemitism-complaints-triesman-darzi-turnberg

EDIT the "less than" 0.06% is deducted from the fact not every case has been genuine antisemitism.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i have observed that its because Labour MPs and Lords, Baronesses keep making a point about the issue in the Labour party.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Swinson should therefore take a leaf out of confident David Steel’s book, by declaring:

“Go back to your constituencies and prepare for government”.

maybe. unless i missed it i dont think the Liberals are planning to borrow hundreds of billions, looking financially sensible ones.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yep, infantile as ever.
You have basically been screaming "pathetic! Infantile!" every time somebody correctly points out how biased you are on the issue of mobs and how you have clearly never applied your moral outrage to any right wing mobs.

You're the one acting like a pathetic toddler, no one else.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
“Our records show that antisemitism cases that have gone through the stages of our disciplinary procedures since September 2015 account for about 0.06% of the party’s membership. This represents a tiny minority, but one antisemite is one too many, and we will continue to act against this repugnant form of racism.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...tisemitism-complaints-triesman-darzi-turnberg

EDIT the "less than" 0.06% is deducted from the fact not every case has been genuine antisemitism.

Surely you can't be this naïve -can you? Just swallow what a party spokesperson says because that is what you want to believe -what about those who have not been loud enough to have ben caught voicing anti-Semitism. For the record, I am sure that anti-semitism only applies to a minority of folk, but am also sure that within any party or indeed wider society, the figure of those who are not keen on jews is higher than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here