• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You surely can't be that naïve; are you? You have no idea of the allegiances of those -did you read the banner? And as for your last question; did that really strike you as sensible?

Yeah, it looked like more of a climate type protest, so maybe as many Greens as anyone else, or those protesting about the environment from all parties.:shrug:. I don't think calling Boris a 'Fat Greedy Tory Clown' is just the preserve of Labour supporters. :wink:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The last 10 years have been a Tory mob. Look at brexit! That is the epitomy of a Tory mob.

May be around here although I know several Labour through and through voted to leave and up north the majority of working class Labour voted leave.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That's what you projected though, you didn't say any form of mob mentality is wrong, you said 'this is what life will be like under Corbyn'. You made a partisan biased statement. You're now backtracking applying your disapproval of all mobs, but that is not what you said. AND neither is a protest a mob. Many of civilisation's great advancements came through peaceful protest.

For the second time - in this case it was a left wing mob and scenes of protestors trying to disrupt only serve to hinder their own cause. Had it been a nutjob, as you put it, I would have said exactly the same irrespective of their cause, which is why I wrote in general terms. How many more times? Your last sentence is at least far more sensible than that of your last post - I can agree with that. Peaceful protest is one thing, deliberate disruption by trying to shout down your political opponent is another.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For the second time - in this case it was a left wing mob and scenes of protestors trying to disrupt only serve to hinder their own cause. Had it been a nutjob, as you put it, I would have said exactly the same irrespective of their cause, which is why I wrote in general terms. How many more times? Your last sentence is at least far more sensible than that of your last post - I can agree with that. Peaceful protest is one thing, deliberate disruption by trying to shout down your political opponent is another.

How many more times?...until you perhaps realise how ridiculous your statement was to suggest we'll suddenly be under mob rule if Corbyn gets in. As if mobs don't currently exist, left, right, leave or remain. :shrug:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How many more times?...until you perhaps realise how ridiculous your statement was to suggest we'll suddenly be under mob rule if Corbyn gets in. As if mobs don't currently exist, left, right, leave or remain. :shrug:

Exactly! Of course they exist, sadly. In this case I was pointing out what will happen under Corbyn because it was clearly a left wing protest; and let's face it, hardly the first time. Had it been the other way round, then it would have been reasonable to claim that under the Tories mob rule would take effect.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Exactly! Of course they exist, sadly. In this case I was pointing out what will happen under Corbyn because it was clearly a left wing protest; and let's face it, hardly the first time. Had it been the other way round, then it would have been reasonable to claim that under the Tories mob rule would take effect.

But we've had a murder, arrests, violence and far more mobs than a bunch of people filmed there, and you've said it like it will be a new thing if Corbyn gets in? You've said it like it doesn't currently exist under any other guise than a left wing protest? Honestly, there is nothing reasonable in what you've said at all, other than perhaps condemning all mobs which of course I doubt many would disagree with, other than say Mouldy who seems quite keen on it if Brexit doesn't happen.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Just so you know for some balance - Jeremy Corbyn was heckled in Glasgow yesterday, firstly by a few people waving Union flags at him saying 'Don't vote Labour, save the Union', then by a Church of Scotland Minister asking him where his 'Islamic Jihad scarf' was (who's also since been revealed as making a series of historical homophobic and Islamophobic tweets) and again today at a meeting in Dundee by a former SNP activist who shouted at him about 'democracy' before being removed.

I trust you're as similarly outraged as you were about 'the lefties' in Somerset?

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, millions who were duped because they couldn't think for themselves; do you not think that post of yours is just that shade arrogant?

Hastings, this thread is full of sanctimonious patronising individuals using it for collective whining therapy. No point trying to create any decent conversation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see 3 people I'd prefer to see as Prime Minister and one who doesn't know the words to 'The Wheels on the Bus'.

[tweet]1195014856803532801[/tweet]

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not at all. How can they know all there is to know about the eu? You can be very inteligent and be duped by good propaganda.

The irony is there for all to see! Yes, what you say can be true in some circumstances, but not true for millions.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just so you know for some balance - Jeremy Corbyn was heckled in Glasgow yesterday, firstly by a few people waving Union flags at him saying 'Don't vote Labour, save the Union', then by a Church of Scotland Minister asking him where his 'Islamic Jihad scarf' was (who's also since been revealed as making a series of historical homophobic and Islamophobic tweets) and again today at a meeting in Dundee by a former SNP activist who shouted at him about 'democracy' before being removed.

I trust you're as similarly outraged as you were about 'the lefties' in Somerset?

Yes, of course. I don't like Corbyn, as I am sure you know, but he deserves better than to be shouted down. Did you read the first post, where I made it quite clear that one surely has two alternatives, irrespective of political allegiances, namely that you go and listen, or don't go if you know you don't approve.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Has Timmy stood down in Pavilion yet ???

[tweet]1195006683875024901[/tweet]

The Brexit Party Ltd put up another candidate in Hove in the end.

EJWghFDWkAALB9b.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I do disapprove of heckling and generally turning up to be disruptive - if you don't like something or someone, then either go to listen to what they have to say or stay away. A left wing mob forcing the PM to cancel events can only play into the hands of the Tories, who will gleefully point out, with quite some justification, that this is what life will be like under Corbyn: disagree and the mob will be after you.

We already know what life is like under Corbyn in the Labour Party .... a Jewish female Labour MP needing additional police protection at the 2018 Labour party conference and a female BBC journalist needing a bodyguard also at the Labour party conference. If a journalist asks Corbyn a vaguely challenging question the Corbynista rent a mob boos and tries to shout them down. Plus of course, the Shadow Chancellor has got form endorsing political intimidation/violence ..

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/top-five-times-john-mcdonnell-supported-political-violence/

#thenastyparty

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
We already know what life is like under Corbyn in the Labour Party .... a Jewish female Labour MP needing additional police protection at the 2018 Labour party conference and a female BBC journalist needing a bodyguard also at the Labour party conference. If a journalist asks Corbyn a vaguely challenging question the Corbynista rent a mob boos and tries to shout them down. Plus of course, the Shadow Chancellor has got form endorsing political intimidation/violence ..

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/top-five-times-john-mcdonnell-supported-political-violence/

#thenastyparty

Would love for you to explain the #jewsforlabour and #jewsforcorbyn hashtags on twitter if Labour and Corbyn were remotely "institutionally" antisemitic.

0.06% of the membership equates to "institutional" apparently :rolleyes:

EDIT: it's the same as saying NSC is racist because of PPF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

#thenastyparty

Is all true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here