• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As was raised in numerous bulletins, opponents had chances to come up with what WOULD work instead of simply saying NO to proposals. Perhaps hoping it might go away?

Opponents were about to be given the chance at the third reading of the WAB until Boris Johnson pulled the legislation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a great opening.......

It was a direct response to your absolute nonsense about folding their arms and saying NO. What do you expect when you post such bunkum? As I said, Jeremy Corbyn has said to May and Johnson hundreds of times that a Brexit where we stay in the customs union was a necessity.

So if the best you can do is get stroppy about the non-threatening way I'm saying that your post was incorrect, it doesn't really say much for your opinion does it?

I'll ask you again, where do you get this idea that all the other parties in the commons sat on their hands and said NO? There's absolutely no substance to it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
From the Guardian. My colleague Steven Morris says it is starting to look as if Boris Johnson might be giving Glastonbury a miss after all.

steven morris
(@stevenmorris20)
“He hasn’t got the balls” is the chant in Glastonbury now - looks like the PM is a no show... pic.twitter.com/26q2FOHonz

JOHNSON RUNNING SCARED OF THE PEOPLE

I would hardly describe a Glastonbury Crowd as representative of “The People” ffs Oh Jeremy Corbyn [emoji23]

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm increasingly torn over the plight of many ordinary remainer folk.... are they worried we may end up as well off as Switzerland or Norway after leaving the money draining EU.

Norway, whose GDP is roughly 60% oil and gas?

Switzerland, whose GDP is roughly 115% money laundering and tax evasion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norway, whose GDP is roughly 60% oil and gas?

and cuckoo clocks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Which, TBH, is an argument which might convince a number of Tories to back it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From the Guardian. My colleague Steven Morris says it is starting to look as if Boris Johnson might be giving Glastonbury a miss after all.

steven morris
(@stevenmorris20)
“He hasn’t got the balls” is the chant in Glastonbury now - looks like the PM is a no show... pic.twitter.com/26q2FOHonz

JOHNSON RUNNING SCARED OF THE PEOPLE

What a scary mob

[tweet]1194968371722424320[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1194965615599144961[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ballot paper looks like a pretty clear message from the LD's...

Capture.JPG

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1195004016444559362[/TWEET]

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What a scary mob

[tweet]1194968371722424320[/tweet]

I do disapprove of heckling and generally turning up to be disruptive - if you don't like something or someone, then either go to listen to what they have to say or stay away. A left wing mob forcing the PM to cancel events can only play into the hands of the Tories, who will gleefully point out, with quite some justification, that this is what life will be like under Corbyn: disagree and the mob will be after you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I do disapprove of heckling and generally turning up to be disruptive - if you don't like something or someone, then either go to listen to what they have to say or stay away. A left wing mob forcing the PM to cancel events can only play into the hands of the Tories, who will gleefully point out, with quite some justification, that this is what life will be like under Corbyn: disagree and the mob will be after you.

Are you for real after the Brexit nutjobs threatening MPs outside Parliament and calling them Nazis and Traitors, and numerous out of hand protests. But no, you get all angsty about mobs when it's a few mostly elderly protestors for poor Boris, did he suffer too much in your opinion from the nasty northerners? Man of the people Boris. :whistle:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Are you for real after the Brexit nutjobs threatening MPs outside Parliament and calling them Nazis and Traitors, and numerous out of hand protests. But no, you get all angsty about mobs when it's a few mostly elderly protestors for poor Boris, did he suffer too much in your opinion from the nasty northerners? Man of the people Boris. :whistle:

Had you bothered to properly read what I wrote instead of infantile questions such as are you for real, you would have noticed that I clearly wrote that "if you don't like something or someone" -in this case, it was against the PM, hence my comment about what life will be like when the mob is given free rein under Corbyn. The same applies to nutjobs, as you put it, who threaten politicians of any persuasion, but that sort of neutral opinion doesn't appeal to the fanatics.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Had you bothered to properly read what I wrote instead of infantile questions such as are you for real, you would have noticed that I clearly wrote that "if you don't like something or someone" -in this case, it was against the PM, hence my comment about what life will be like when the mob is given free rein under Corbyn. The same applies to nutjobs, as you put it, who threaten politicians of any persuasion, but that sort of neutral opinion doesn't appeal to the fanatics.

It's a ridiculous partisan comment. You have no idea who these supporters represent. You couldn't be less neutral. What do you want to do, make peaceful protest illegal!?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Lol. So Tory mob being given free reign is ok then? But a corbyn one is not?

Don't be so stupid. Any sort of mob is unacceptable. In this case it is quite clear where the sympathies of the mob are; mob rule is not good. By the way, could you really imagine a Corbyn meeting totally disrupted by a Tory mob?!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's a ridiculous partisan comment. You have no idea who these supporters represent. You couldn't be less neutral. What do you want to do, make peaceful protest illegal!?

You surely can't be that naïve; are you? You have no idea of the allegiances of those -did you read the banner? And as for your last question; did that really strike you as sensible?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't be so stupid. Any sort of mob is unacceptable. In this case it is quite clear where the sympathies of the mob are; mob rule is not good. By the way, could you really imagine a Corbyn meeting totally disrupted by a Tory mob?!

That's what you projected though, you didn't say any form of mob mentality is wrong, you said 'this is what life will be like under Corbyn'. You made a partisan biased statement. You're now backtracking applying your disapproval of all mobs, but that is not what you said. AND neither is a protest a mob. Many of civilisation's great advancements came through peaceful protest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here