Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EMPTY 1901 section after the second half kicked off yesterday.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
BOOM. I get out of my seat once in the first half, every match. The 1.5 seconds view I take up of the people that sit between me and the end of the row must be devastating for them.

Trouble is, it's not just you, where I sit it's a stream of people like you, especially near the end of the game, even when it's on a knife-edge. Who the hell would put up with it at the cinema or theatre, people walking in front of them just before the show ends. If it's that important for them to leave early, why the f*** didn't they get a ticket on the end of a row?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
has the food improved in 1901 after all the hoo haa last week

Don't know. But now the initial 6 game introductory package has expired there are a lot less diners. It seems a lot did not renew.

They seem to have improved the non- dining side of things though. The pies are in a proper hot display cabinet, there is also hot salt beef and bockwurst. I love salt beef.

Last edited:

MrBraders

Aug 10, 2011
My House
look at the mighty WSU! thats where the true fans are!:albion2:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is a bloke in one of the lounges called Malclom who has set up a half time Backgammon and Bridge Club , so a lot of people get invloved in that.

:bowdown:
I love that prick on the moan-in. Oh, shit, I've mentioned it.

In a seperate issue, there's a 1901 in the East Stand?! How have I missed it?! Where is it?...

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

In a seperate issue, there's a 1901 in the East Stand?! How have I missed it?! Where is it?...

Middle 3 blocks, higher up rows. The Albion added 600 there as a late addition last winter, when the West 1901 sold out.
Their seats are also 2 thin armrests wider, and they pay £1,440 per annum for the privilege ... plus 'free' coffees.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

It is central and around 6 blocks of seats at the top - easy to spot as empty when 2nd half kicks off

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Middle 3 blocks, higher up rows. The Albion added 600 there as a late addition last winter, when the West 1901 sold out.
Their seats are also 2 thin armrests wider, and they pay £1,440 per annum for the privilege ... plus 'free' coffees.

Thanks, I didn't even know they were there! I sit in the middle block, I'll have a nose next time out. I didn't realise there was a 1901 section back there.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don't understand the mentality of fans who would rather be eating than watching

Apologies for the standard of the photo, but the section was 90-95% empty shirley?

IMG-20111015-00050.jpg
I for the record I was in my seat in 1901 well before the players came back out!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in the hospitality at the Madjeski for that match where Kitson finally scored a goal for us. There were only three of us who came out of the lounge for the entire second half.

Although that wasn't as bad as a test match I went to where I was the only one out of a party of 50 who appeared in the stands after lunch. I sat on my own for three hours like a real Billy No Mates.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Look at West Stand Lower. One block looks about 10% full. I'm sure the North Stand was only half full at second half kick off as well.

That is the 'match day' ticket stand...the one to the right is full and season ticket only....

they wont make half time any longer as didnt they work out something like 15minutes is an optimum time for the players to stay warmed up and not start cramping if they arent exercising

There really are some out there with no sense of humour....now where was that bridge club again ?......

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
i was going to throw my pennies worth in here but decided it wasn't worth it. This thread is frankly a joke. Some people in here seriously need to get a life.

this.....don't mind me i'm just trying to get to a 100 posts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here