Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EMPTY 1901 section after the second half kicked off yesterday.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because I spend 20 minutes a game with people pushing past me to get to/from their seats. It's pathetic and very annoying.

I can understand why you might find it annoying but why is it pathetic?

Are you suggesting we pass up the hundreds of thousands of pounds the club are generating in revenue from the food/booze outlets?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure why so many people are bothered to be honest. It happens in nearly all of the PL grounds although I'm happy to say not very often at Anfield. However, does it really matter? It mattered 30 years ago, but most clubs rely on the TV money and sponsership not ticket sales these days. It's a real shame that some cannot get in because of the 1901 club, but they do pour in loads of cash.
It annoys me but its the loyal cold weather supporter I'm only really interested in anyway. With time it all sorts itself out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a bloke in one of the lounges called Malclom who has set up a half time Backgammon and Bridge Club , so a lot of people get invloved in that.

How is the fondue set these days

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
On the other side of the coin.

It takes longer at half time to get served in 1901 than elsewhere else.
In most of the other stands you see loads of empty seats that start appearing ten mins BEFORE half time so they can get served and be back in their seats for second half.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I sit in the 1901 West, and the reason for this is, they don't actually say when the teams are back out. It's only once the game has kicked off do the say 'please take your seats' So therefore it's not our fault...

I was in these seats yesterday and I missed the start of the 2nd half and while I agree that I could consult my watch, they could at least make an announcement.I guess they don't because they know that 95% of the people in there couldn't give a f***. In the seats I was surrouded by deafening silence, barely a muscle twitched for the 75 minutes they were sitting there.

So if you get the chance, DON'T DO IT. Never again for me. Excellent effort from the North Stand though :clap2:

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Why are people so obsessed at what time people turn up, go to half time, come back from half time and go home?

It's pathetic isn't it. It's usually the people with 3 million + posts who moan about the "service", "cold pies", "....not singing loudly enough", .... singing the wrong songs", "..... not getting back into their seats in time" "JCL's" blah blah zzzzzzzz

Easy to imagine that in the real world they are the type of people who are so dull, that when they leave a room, it feels like someone new and interesting has just walked in.

Conversely, there is another thread with quotes from Hull City fans saying how good the ground is, how great the customer service and fan experience is and describing the atmosphere yesterday as being at times "electric".

A bit of positivity never hurt anyone!

Sadly, it is always moaners that shout loudest. it's their "skill". They do it well and and love to do it at the expense of others.

Personally, I've paid for my ticket. I don't think it matters that I have paid any more or any less for it than anyone else but what my ticket includes is the right for me to enjoy a half time pint in a nice lounge and that's what I am going to do! Sometimes I am back in time for the start of the second half, sometimes I am not.

Personally, I don't think it is anyone else's business but my own but I guess if it gives you something else to moan and moaning makes you happy then knock yourself out!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
It's pathetic isn't it. It's usually the people with 3 million + posts who moan about the "service", "cold pies", "....not singing loudly enough", .... singing the wrong songs", "..... not getting back into their seats in time" "JCL's" blah blah zzzzzzzz

Easy to imagine that in the real world they are the type of people who are so dull, that when they leave a room, it feels like someone new and interesting has just walked in.

Conversely, there is another thread with quotes from Hull City fans saying how good the ground is, how great the customer service and fan experience is and describing the atmosphere yesterday as being at times "electric".

Sadly, it is always moaners that shout loudest. it's their "skill". They do it well and and love to do it at the expense of others.

Personally, I've paid for my ticket. I don't think it matters that I have paid any more or any less for it than anyone else but what my ticket includes is the right for me to enjoy a half time pint in a nice lounge and that's what I am going to do! Sometimes I am back in time for the start of the second half, sometimes I am not.

Personally, I don't think it is anyone else's business but my own but I guess if it gives you something else to moan and moaning makes you happy then knock yourself out!

Amen

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I sit in the 1901 West, and the reason for this is, they don't actually say when the teams are back out. It's only once the game has kicked off do the say 'please take your seats' So therefore it's not our fault...

Frankly that's a f***ing embarrassing thing to say.

I sit in the 1901 West and haven't missed a single second of action yet. Why do you need inside at half time. I have a quick piss and then I'm back. Can you not wait another 45 mins for a drink or whatever.

HOWEVER I think some people on this thread need to take a look at other areas as well. From my view the North stand and East stand were half empty before half time had ended AND both still the same when the second half started. Why is it so difficult to watch the whole match?!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Spot on. I think people just like to boast how much of a better fan they are than others. The daft thing is the only person they are impressing is themselves.

The whole "not real fan" rubbish that is spouted is quite frankly getting tedious. I've left for the bar at 40 minutes for pretty much every game so far as you have to if you want to get a drink (which I do) and I've missed a few incidents (Noone's V Liverpool being the one that comes to mind instantly) but that is my look out. Allot of the people who do similar I've either known or been seeing at games for years.

If leaving early or arriving late or not spending the whole game wanting to stand up to show my dislike towards Palace makes me a JCL or not a real fan then so be it. I don't need to prove my fan credentials to anyone.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm on the end of a row in the 1901... people coming back late and leaving early is a real pain in the arse. The ones who loiter on the stairs blocking the view are the worst and have already been shouted at a couple of times. I think the stewards should hold them at the top of the aisle until a break in play as they seem to lack the common sense to know when to make their move.

At the end of the game, I'm now pretty much refusing to stand up if people want to get past while the game is on a knife edge and the ball's in play. I'll slide my feet to one side but keep watching the match. The fact they then have to stumble their way out is tough shit as far as I'm concerned. It's an approach I highly recommend.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
There is a bloke in one of the lounges called Malclom who has set up a half time Backgammon and Bridge Club , so a lot of people get invloved in that.

There's a bloke called Tony who has set up a nice stadium and spent a load of cash getting some good players, with Gus in charge. A lot of people get involved in that. :whistle:

Sent from the kitchen where I am making a pie for my lunch. I never got one yesterday. :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And what a out the non-1901ers who are not in their seats because they're either running on the pitch (again) or storming the away end?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
And what a out the non-1901ers who are not in their seats because they're either running on the pitch (again) or storming the away end?

Still cant understand why anyone would want to run on the pitch?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still cant understand why anyone would want to run on the pitch?

It's odd. Given there is a 100% chance of getting caught, and a subsequent ban, I cannot fathom the motive. What is hoped to be gained?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It's odd. Given there is a 100% chance of getting caught, and a subsequent ban, I cannot fathom the motive. What is hoped to be gained?

Yes definitely this and from what I saw yesterday also receiving a rabbit punch in the kidney's plus a ripped t-shirt. Would just love to know what they think they would achieve?

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I think it's embarrassing. Prawn sandwich cnuts.

If we were away at some ground and we saw that we'd take the piss right royally.

It's only my humble opinion, like.

I'm in the 1901 and get back to my seat on time 99% of the time for second half and i must admit it annoys me that i have to spend about 5/10 mins letting people past me as i am at the end of the row. That said it's their money and their life so live and let live.

D

Deleted User X18H

On the other side of the coin.

It takes longer at half time to get served in 1901 than elsewhere else.
In most of the other stands you see loads of empty seats that start appearing ten mins BEFORE half time so they can get served and be back in their seats for second half.

Rubbish you pre order before the game. It's all pre poured and left out for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here