Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EMPTY 1901 section after the second half kicked off yesterday.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Because I spend 20 minutes a game with people pushing past me to get to/from their seats. It's pathetic and very annoying.
I agree,for the record I'm in that photo and do NOT under any circumstances miss the second half,in fact I stay in my seat at half time....even after the prawn sarnies.....I wish they did make them!!!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
There is a severe lack of gentlemens' urinating facilities in the North Stand, after tanking up before the game and leaving on the half-time whistle, I usually have to piss in someone's pocket in the queue - to get back before the start of the second half.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
There is a severe lack of gentlemens' urinating facilities in the North Stand, after tanking up before the game and leaving on the half-time whistle, I usually have to piss in someone's pocket in the queue - to get back before the start of the second half.

Me too! Don't worry when winter sets in they will enjoy the warmth for several minutes.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
I seem to remember a lot of people saying it was a good thing that everyone was spending plenty of money at the bar/food kiosks because it would help pay for the stadium/new players etc. So far every time I have gone to get food at half time I have been late back for the second half since I usually take my son/daughter to the loo as well.

Yesterday I left my seat 5 mins before the end of the half, took my son to the loo during the interval, and didn't miss any of the second half.

The point I am trying to make is that I don't think there is an easy answer. I tried to wait until the people around me had jumped up out of their seats at an exciting part of the game: that way I didn't disturb too many people. I don't really like doing it, but beforehand I was disturbing them at the start of the second half instead, so it wasn't any better.

The only other answer would be to bring my own food and drink, but then the club wouldn't benefit, so that wouldn't be good either.

I think that everyone is going to have to accept that being disturbed by early leavers/late arrivers is a fact of life. We have 20 000 people many of whom want to eat and drink, and don't forget that at the Withdean we didn't have beer so didn't need the loo as much.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
How many minutes into the second half did Uber, Super fan and hero of NSC Peter Canning return to his seat at EVERY game at Withdean? I guess that is OK though?

D

Deleted User X18H

That is the 'match day' ticket stand...the one to the right is full and season ticket only....

There really are some out there with no sense of humour....now where was that bridge club again ?......

I believe it is in Mezzanine Gold North. They are introducing Kuluki soon and one of the screens will also show the Polo live from Cowdary Park. Malcolm’s friend Quentin spent the whole match watching Strictly and didn't see a kick (he is on the same dinner party circuit as Russell Grant) although he did mention he thought Barnes was poor!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I was in these seats yesterday and I missed the start of the 2nd half and while I agree that I could consult my watch, they could at least make an announcement.I guess they don't because they know that 95% of the people in there couldn't give a f***. In the seats I was surrouded by deafening silence, barely a muscle twitched for the 75 minutes they were sitting there.

So if you get the chance, DON'T DO IT. Never again for me. Excellent effort from the North Stand though :clap2:

One day clubs will pipe the sounds of cheering and singing into the ground to give it an atmosphere.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The speed of service ( or lack of it! ) at the kiosks is staggering. I reckon that each person is taking between 2 - 4 minutes to get served.
In WSL, you need to be queueing at least 3 minutes before the end of the first half, to make sure you are back for the 2nd half.
They ran out of tea on Saturday.....ffs....that is unforgiveable....bloody tea.....whoever is stocking these kiosks needs shooting.
Is it any wonder people are late back to their seats. Most people see the queues barely moving and give up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Surely they could help the 1901`s by putting it up on the screens how long intermisson is.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here