Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big signing will be................

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You're right.
If i moved out of a city, would i see milkmen and paperboys again?

Well Count Arthur Strong beckons me now on the listen again facility that the BBC have so kindly put in place for us to enjoy. He may well have answers to this and other questions. Should he be able to shed any light whatsoever I will be sure to report back, although probably it will have to wait until my days work of tomorrow is over. A word or several of caution though - Count Arthur always proves very reluctant to reveal his sources.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My mate said he'd never buy a Wispa again as it cost around 75p. Cost-wary people like me have joined him and only have Snickerses now, a sub-50p snackbar.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have a papergirl and very efficient she is too.

No milkman though - I'm afraid that the supermarkets have fair done for the good old milkie which, given that they work even worse hours than a London tube driver, is possibly no bad thing - working every day except Christmas Day and Good Friday and no premium rates for a pinta just because it's a weekend or a bank holiday either! I'm not sure whether failing to be unionised hastened their demise but I'm afraid they are very much consigned to history in much the same way as the red phone box and the AA Patrolman's salute to members - I sometimes feel out of my time just thinking about it

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well done everybody, a very entertaining thread. There are truly some pearls posted here, but, my cap is well & truly doffed to the poster that is capable of such rapier wit & true wisdom as to add to this thread with veritable delights such as:
he is going to burnley
I believe said poster is one of our more mature members and he seems to have put every moment of his life experience into the charming and inciteful follow up of:
does he like ginger c u n t
Remarkeable! Take a bow sir.

*awaitsreplywithtrepidation*

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
how different the world appears by daylight

hydrangeas? mmmmm...........................wouldn't prune them now if I were you. Best by far when serious frosts are past so no earlier than April and remember that flowers grow on second year wood so don't cut in to new growth

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I have a papergirl and very efficient she is too.

No milkman though - I'm afraid that the supermarkets have fair done for the good old milkie which, given that they work even worse hours than a London tube driver, is possibly no bad thing - working every day except Christmas Day and Good Friday and no premium rates for a pinta just because it's a weekend or a bank holiday either! I'm not sure whether failing to be unionised hastened their demise but I'm afraid they are very much consigned to history in much the same way as the red phone box and the AA Patrolman's salute to members - I sometimes feel out of my time just thinking about it
You're welcome to the milkman that drives past my house at 5am every morning on his loud whiney float rattling with bottles and wakes me up.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What is the meaning of the existence of Alan Pardew?
After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?
Do people in Australia call the rest of the world 'up over'?
Do vampires get AIDS?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Where the hell did we store everything before all these Storage depots appeared?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here