Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big signing will be................

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Right now i'm finishing the frozen dribbles of a Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream i reckon must've been opened around a month ago and stored accidentally in the frozen vegetable drawer.

how very organised to even have a designated frozen veg drawer - I'm afraid I just ram stuff in willy nilly

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Like your taste in music Family Man

That's all very well but don't you think you're being a tad unfair to the original thread starter in going so widely off topic ? :shrug:

Now, where was we ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
how very organised to even have a designated frozen veg drawer - I'm afraid I just ram stuff in willy nilly

It's the flatmate's doing. It seems she has two drawers. I have the bottom one, full of quorn slabs and a spilled-out waffle or two held somewhere in the uncracked ice. She has space for meat pieces up top, and a pea and sweetcorn section, where i found the ice cream.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Apologies if I digress but I have always had an interest in world music and one can but admire a lady with room in her drawers for her flatmates meat and veg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's the flatmate's doing. It seems she has two drawers. I have the bottom one, full of quorn slabs and a spilled-out waffle or two held somewhere in the uncracked ice. She has space for meat pieces up top, and a pea and sweetcorn section, where i found the ice cream.

Isn't it against health and safety rules to have the meat stored above the quorn ? , or am I getting my kitchen appliances all confused ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apologies if I digress but I have always had an interest in world music and one can but admire a lady with room in her drawers for her flatmates meat and veg

Can't argue with that.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't it against health and safety rules to have the meat stored above the quorn ? , or am I getting my kitchen appliances all confused ?

In a butcher's or a cannibal's freezer, i reckon that ought to be the case. The meats from them are so fresh that the goo takes some time to harden enough not to gush germfully to the innocent Linda McCartneys two shelves down. They only have such products to appease one of their daughters who saw the carnage when young and swore never to feast on real flesh. Cannibals are like vegetarians in that way. You know, it's their choice and they don't want to force it on others.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh I do hope so. It would be such an appropriate reward for Jimbo being good enough to share his contacts with us

Well to be fair if anyone deserves it Jimbo does, and that's not just Dave's view either.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I heard a repetitive scream coming from my backgarden area a few minutes ago. Is it still randy cat season? Those jagged-cocked porkers are still hungry for love from the sound of it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Talking of oatcakes, I was driving through Madeley a few weeks ago and found a fantastic "hole in the wall" selling a whole range of hot oatcakes with choice of cheese, ham, or full breakfast filling - truly delicious

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In a butcher's or a cannibal's freezer, i reckon that ought to be the case. The meats from them are so fresh that the goo takes some time to harden enough not to gush germfully to the innocent Linda McCartneys two shelves down. They only have such products to appease one of their daughters who saw the carnage when young and swore never to feast on real flesh. Cannibals are like vegetarians in that way. You know, it's their choice and they don't want to force it on others.

You make some very valid points. Trouble is it's such a sensitive issue to broach, especially so on a thread such as this. Sure there's a place for such things, but I'm wrestling with my conscience as to whether this thread is an appropriate place.......or not ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
You make some very valid points. Trouble is it's such a sensitive issue to broach, especially so on a thread such as this. Sure there's a place for such things, but I'm wrestling with my conscience as to whether this thread is an appropriate place.......or not ?

You're right.
If i moved out of a city, would i see milkmen and paperboys again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here