Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big signing will be................

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lemonade for you Edna, won't you be keeping the mean streets safe?

Yes, but as I start at 6am, I will be home in time for Christmas dinner, and I can assure you there will be no lemonade drunk.

Back on topic, however: are there any famous Namibians apart from Frankie Fredericks?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yes, but as I start at 6am, I will be home in time for Christmas dinner, and I can assure you there will be no lemonade drunk.

Back on topic, however: are there any famous Namibians apart from Frankie Fredericks?

Funny you should ask. I have been coached at various times by 3 Namibian international cricketers, one of whom was once the captain. None of them were famous.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny you should ask. I have been coached at various times by 3 Namibian international cricketers, one of whom was once the captain. None of them were famous.

Following a nuclear armageddon, and in the event that the future repopulation of the earth depended on you chaps procreating with one female, which out of Anne Widdecombe, Jo Brand or Heather from EastEnders would you choose?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you know the word "testify" and "testimony" derive from ancient Roman times, when a man swearing an oath in court would swear on his testicles to tell the truth?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Following a nuclear armageddon, and in the event that the future repopulation of the earth depended on you chaps procreating with one female, which out of Anne Widdecombe, Jo Brand or Heather from EastEnders would you choose?

It would have to be Jo Brand as she is such a filth milf.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My understanding is that if you grit and someone slips then you are liable to be sued while if you don't grit and someone slips you will also be sued. It is on this tried and tested principle that schools do nothing whatsoever and have to close (in case anyone slips).

And there you have it. The basic tenets of Health and Safety. Damned if you do.......... Damned if you don't. And totally f***ed for even thinking about it!

As a point of information I have just opened my second bottle of Cabernet. The first had a cork and was very drinkable while the second has a screw top and is not discernably any different in taste. I mention this as a response to the as yet unasked question whether the method of closure has any effect on the wine.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The time in Minsk is currently 22:28, which means they only have an hour and a half to wait until Christmas.

I bet they're already WASTED.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My understanding is that if you grit and someone slips then you are liable to be sued while if you don't grit and someone slips you will also be sued. It is on this tried and tested principle that schools do nothing whatsoever and have to close (in case anyone slips).

And there you have it. The basic tenets of Health and Safety. Damned if you do.......... Damned if you don't. And totally f***ed for even thinking about it!

As a point of information I have just opened my second bottle of Cabernet. The first had a cork and was very drinkable while the second has a screw top and is not discernably any different in taste. I mention this as a response to the as yet unasked question whether the method of closure has any effect on the wine.
I think you need to repeat the process but open the screw top bottle first to see if the taste is different when you open a cork bottle second time around.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you know the word "testify" and "testimony" derive from ancient Roman times, when a man swearing an oath in court would swear on his testicles to tell the truth?

So what would have become of Tommy Sheridan's testis then ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think you need to repeat the process but open the screw top bottle first to see if the taste is different when you open a cork bottle second time around.

wise words indeed.

I shall endeavour to do just that and report in due course if I am able.

Did you know by the way that Endeavour was Inspector Morse's first name?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it possible to determine who was the greatest Blue Peter presenter of all time?

I mean, Peter Duncan was always up for a challenge, when he wasn't stripping naked for low budget movies, but I confess to a slight childhood crush on Simon Groom.

And would they allow a children's TV presenter called Mr Groom nowadays?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
wise words indeed.

I shall endeavour to do just that and report in due course if I am able.

Did you know by the way that Endeavour was Inspector Morse's first name?

I did, and also the name of a Space Shuttle. One of the few remaining that hasn't blown up, in the style of Challenger.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Santa is currently in Mombassa, Kenya according to NORAD

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Santa is currently in Mombassa, Kenya according to NORAD

...where it is currently 2338 hours, less than half an hour to go :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here