Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get your money down on bet365.co.uk for snow on Xmas day in Scotland

Aberdeen @11/4
Glasgow @ 4/1

Aberdeen bet pays out most years. Glasgow more often than not.

Buying money :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There's a strong signal that pressure is going to rise to our north and especially east later in the month. This could mean the chance of cold easterly or NE winds. I'm not saying we're guaranteed snow, but it will reflect a switch to a more blocked setup, much as we saw for much of last winter, and a really good omen for a cold setup repeating this winter.

For what it's worth, I think there will be snow further north, as a siberian high starts to exert its influence. Such setups tend to be repeating features, which often bring colder air with each 'go'.

So you're promising snow in Worthing for the whole of December and January. Excellent. :thumbsup::wink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cheers Papa, might take a drive to Scotland with my Snowboard if it dumps it down :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wriggler!! No the town with the wrinklies please.

you know I can't promise that - even with snow apparently 'nailed on' we've missed out either by the precipitation missing us or dissapating, or even worse turning up as rain or wet snow.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the model forecasts.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
There's a strong signal that pressure is going to rise to our north and especially east later in the month. This could mean the chance of cold easterly or NE winds. I'm not saying we're guaranteed snow, but it will reflect a switch to a more blocked setup, much as we saw for much of last winter, and a really good omen for a cold setup repeating this winter.

For what it's worth, I think there will be snow further north, as a siberian high starts to exert its influence. Such setups tend to be repeating features, which often bring colder air with each 'go'.

Ooh I'm liking the sound of this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looking cold for next week now, now sure about snow though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Get your money down on bet365.co.uk for snow on Xmas day in Scotland

Aberdeen @11/4
Glasgow @ 4/1

Aberdeen bet pays out most years. Glasgow more often than not.

Buying money :thumbsup:

I would hazard a guess that Aberdeen actually pays out less than 4 times every 11 years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would hazard a guess that Aberdeen actually pays out less than 4 times every 11 years.

You'd think so, wouldn't you. And maybe it did, historically.

Or maybe its a loss-leader and the bookies make their money on the folks who bet on snow in London on Xmas Day. Which usually gets a very skinny 6/1 quote round about now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just got a new job in Oxford and am commuting over there until I can move house...5am starts and 9pm returns...let it SNOW man...SNOW you fucker!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you need any advice, I know the area well and have some friends that live there. Nice place to work!

Yeah BOF..I am looking around the Abingdon/Great Milton area...anything to get out of bloody Essex. Its no place for a decent Sussex boy.

At the moment I'm in Hotels half the week when I'm not hanging around airports or stuck on the M25 for hours on end every day.

Oxfordshire seems like a VERY nice place to live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here