Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any of our resident weather experts got a long term forecast for this winter yet?

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!

Very bizarre, I was thinking earlier today that I would bounce this and ask the same question.

Come on Papa, we're all waiting! :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, I can confidently say that there nothing showing on the medium range (up to 15 day) models for a cold signature (as they say in the trade).

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
first snow of the season for me tonight! driving overnight up to marquette in northern michigan where the white stuff tomorrow will be the only upside of a cold-as-balls day!! :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm sick of this wet and windy weather. Bring on the snow!

Agreed, there must be some white stuff heading this way in the next six to eight weeks. It's nearly Christmas for goodness sakes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's a strong signal that pressure is going to rise to our north and especially east later in the month. This could mean the chance of cold easterly or NE winds. I'm not saying we're guaranteed snow, but it will reflect a switch to a more blocked setup, much as we saw for much of last winter, and a really good omen for a cold setup repeating this winter.

For what it's worth, I think there will be snow further north, as a siberian high starts to exert its influence. Such setups tend to be repeating features, which often bring colder air with each 'go'.

Sep 1, 2010
weatherman.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here