Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Snowing nicely in Durrington..

And, Sunday's snow is now BACK ON! :clap2:

P.S. I may have been a bit hasty in calling the end to the cold by mid-week... it may, just may carry on into the following weekend.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Let's face it, it's over, we'll all be down the beach next week in our bermuda's and aviator's!

Just told that Met office issued a Flash warning for heavy snow in Essex then wallop...down it comes again.

Just needs this Easterly to man up a bit and it will push it across to you lot.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Snowing nicely in Durrington..

And, Sunday's snow is now BACK ON! :clap2:

P.S. I may have been a bit hasty in calling the end to the cold by mid-week... it may, just may carry on into the following weekend.

Papa...how come the met office are talking about 10 days at least when you have it ending next week sometime...I obviously listen to you more than them but on what do you base your long(ish) term forecasts?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just told that Met office issued a Flash warning for heavy snow in Essex then wallop...down it comes again.

Just needs this Easterly to man up a bit and it will push it across to you lot.

If you look at the latest raintoday images, a little thread of snow showers has formed along the Essex coast.... perhaps the start of a streamer?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If you look at the latest raintoday images, a little thread of snow showers has formed along the Essex coast.... perhaps the start of a streamer?

Streamer? explain that please :thumbsup:

Can only *presume* the biot along the Essex Coast will develop into something Larger? hence the MetOffice warnings? as that little thing (as it is now) wont affect many surely!

Yoda

English & European
Streamer? explain that please :thumbsup:

Can only *presume* the biot along the Essex Coast will develop into something Larger? hence the MetOffice warnings? as that little thing (as it is now) wont affect many surely!

Zoom out at look at the one in the North Sea heading into East Yorkshire, that is a BIG streamer. A long band heading in the direction of the line it forms.

Papa might be able to explain better than me though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And a lot more on the way for your area, BevHill.

Really, bloody hell. Its getting pretty dull now tbh. The missus is expecting any day and her dads in hospital so her Mum is living in my front room!

If we get snowed in with her chuntering on all bloody day something will give.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Zoom out at look at the one in the North Sea heading into East Yorkshire, that is a BIG streamer. A long band heading in the direction of the line it forms.

Papa might be able to explain better than me though.

aahh yeah I get ya, thanks

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm on a conference call now, but our local streamers are basically lake effect snow. Do a search on either 'Thames streamer' or 'lake effect snow'.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have reached a key point, which will determine whether we get snow tonight. There is a developing shower cell, which is about to make landfall near Gillingham.... whether this can make it inland will be key.

Another cell, inland to the north west of Chelsmsford seems to be holding together, so we may be lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here