Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Apologies if it's a stupid question, but can anyone tell me why the snow we had before Xmas froze to ice by the next morning but for this batch, even though the temperature is still well below zero the snow is still "Snow" ?.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Apologies if it's a stupid question, but can anyone tell me why the snow we had before Xmas froze to ice by the next morning but for this batch, even though the temperature is still well below zero the snow is still "Snow" ?.

I assume that the xmas snow would have started melting into water, then that water froze overnight giving a hard snow/ice mixture, whereas this snow hasn't started melting because temps still below zero

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume that the xmas snow would have started melting into water, then that water froze overnight giving a hard snow/ice mixture, whereas this snow hasn't started melting because temps still below zero

What he/she said.

By the way Sunday's snow is looking less certain now :angry:

But we may get more overnight Friday to Saturday now :thumbsup:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Papa - I need to move my car for a service/MOT on monday - I live on a hill (only exit is up hill) so far only 2 cars have ventured up it. Do you think I should try to move today or tomorrow, or sunday ? I think it is a tough call.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
very fine snow in BN1, when i say fine i mean fine.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Snowing at the moment in RH19 West Hoathly. Plenty of snow still about, in fact its not melted at all since in snowed on Tuesday.

No buses running in this area, hence I am working from home again as my car is still in Hove where I parked it Monday evening!

Will try and venture down on Sunday and recover my car, but there is nowhere to park in West Hoathly as all roads still thick in snow and my little fiesta will never get up the hills!!!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What he/she said.

By the way Sunday's snow is looking less certain now :angry:

But we may get more overnight Friday to Saturday now :thumbsup:

excellent for the weekend, snowboard at the ready!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Snowing in Colliers Wood, London, according to the missus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here