Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
new plan - build an IGLOO in the middle of burgess hill and charge children £3 to enter it. even duncan bannatyne would have to admit that this is a business that CANNOT fail

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Apparently there was a 4x4 vehicle parked half way up a hilly road, causing drivers to slow down who then couldnt get up the hill and then charging them a fiver to tow them up the hill

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Apparently there was a 4x4 vehicle parked half way up a hilly road, causing drivers to slow down who then couldnt get up the hill and then charging them a fiver to tow them up the hill

while that is completely twattish, it also smacks of great business acumen

Yoda

English & European
Me think's that we've hit our high point with regards to temperature today in Worthing. Reached the giddy hights of -2.5 C about 20-30 minutes ago and it’s just started falling again quickly. Now -2.8 C.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just seen a Land Rover Discovery make light work of the small hill outside my place, while my small Japanese FWD motor sits outside, forlorn and unable to gain any traction :cry: :cry: :cry:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Have to say, despite it being an sbsolute pain in the arse to get anywhere, the scenery in sussex whilst in a car or on the train is absolutely stunning. Can't imagine the same can be said for Croydon/Norwood, a bit of snow on the roof of Lidl will hardly compare.

Yoda

English & European
Me think's that we've hit our high point with regards to temperature today in Worthing. Reached the giddy hights of -2.5 C about 20-30 minutes ago and it’s just started falling again quickly. Now -2.8 C.

Scratch that, up to -2 C now. Will we see -1.5 C today?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
anyone been on the london-brighton line this arvo? need to get down to town but dont wanna spend all day waiting at clapham.....

Got one up the line to Three Bridges this morn, Southern Trains between Victoria and Brighton are running a-ok. The Shitty FCC trains are struggling as the train doors are getting frozen and/or they are breaking down.

Took me a 40 min walk, one hour wait at the station and an hour train journey to get in today!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just spent the last hour up a ladder chipping ice off a downpipe and then defrosting the same pipe with a heat gun to get our boiler working again. Normal service resumed.

On the snow front, the low in the north sea is not sending the showers very far in land at all.... we may not get any further showers today, at least until the low moves further south, and the wind gets more of an easterly component.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Still snowing in Essex.

You shandy drinking benders don't know you're born!!

Just off to slay me a moose.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Very cloudy over shoreham *fingerscrossed*

do you live in Shoreham in KENT? because By-The-Sea its clear blue sky with not a cloud in sight!!!

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Just spent the last hour up a ladder chipping ice off a downpipe and then defrosting the same pipe with a heat gun to get our boiler working again. Normal service resumed.

On the snow front, the low in the north sea is not sending the showers very far in land at all.... we may not get any further showers today, at least until the low moves further south, and the wind gets more of an easterly component.

Very weak feature though.

Showers could get further inland tomorrow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That will explain why our 2pm snow has not arrived.
I guess I could have read this thread, instead of stare out the window, for the last 2 hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here