Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
-6 in HHeath, about another inch overnight so f*** all chance of getting the car out. Nice long walk to the station beckons.Grrrrr.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
well trains are screwed no FCC trains from B.Hill to City until 8 and think its just because those haven't been cancelled yet

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Just went too see what the roads are like, I've never seen them so quiet! Also extremely dangerous, went to turn left and just carried on going, went to break and didn't stop, scary stuff.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are any trains to London running?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

According to Southern's web site there are some trains running.... an amended service.

We may see a few snow showers later today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

From the FCC website
"On the Thameslink route there is severe disruption with many cancellations and only a limited service owing to last night's sub-zero temperatures.

Clear skies led to very low temperatures last night. Consequently, compacted frozen ice and snow has affected the points motors at all four major junctions between the fast and slow lines between Bedford and London.

A large number of trains have also failed and more are failing as they are prepared for work - again because of heavy icing. There is also the issue of some trains being in the wrong location as a result of failing yesterday.

Please accept our sincere apologies - depot, track and signalling engineers are doing their very best to remedy matters. Your tickets are being accepted on East Midlands Trains and Southern trains and on all reasonable routes with London Underground but you will experience severe difficulties on your journey this morning."

In other words it f**ked

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
will we get any snow then Papa?
if so when ?

(Sorry i really don't understand this weather lark :blush: )

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
will we get any snow then Papa?
if so when ?

(Sorry i really don't understand this weather lark :blush: )

Yes, some showers today... some showers tomorrow, some light snow on Saturday and perhaps more organised snow on Sunday. Next week looks cold and potentially snowy as well.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I noticed that also, Met office predicts snow showers from 18:00 onwards but looking at that band of snow they could arrive quite a bit earlier right?

I think the latest BBC TV forecasts have upgraded the extent of the snow showers today (and how far inland they will reach).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my car is stuck - are there ANY trains running between burgess hill and brighton?

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I came in from BH to Brighton this morning - trains were absolutely fine. Wunderground is showing snow currently at Horley and on its way down

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just checked with Gatwick Express and they are advising not to travel as trains are sporadic and likely to get worse today as ice is not going and more snow in the area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here