Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"lucky" as in we avoid more snow....or get another load ?
Cos I have to say, I'm fairly sick of it now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
We have reached a key point, which will determine whether we get snow tonight. There is a developing shower cell, which is about to make landfall near Gillingham.... whether this can make it inland will be key.

Another cell, inland to the north west of Chelsmsford seems to be holding together, so we may be lucky.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I understand Cells as I've watched a bazillion Tornado Chase programs on TV (really wanna chase one one day)

*fingers crossed*

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
We have reached a key point, which will determine whether we get snow tonight. There is a developing shower cell, which is about to make landfall near Gillingham.... whether this can make it inland will be key.

Another cell, inland to the north west of Chelsmsford seems to be holding together, so we may be lucky.

Keep us posted Papa. Bring on the snow!! :clap::clap:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Thanks for the updates once again.

On the topic of this weekends snow, at which point would you estimate it will be at its most heaviest?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
looking at that and the RainToday! I reckon East Sussex could get a battering with it skimming Shoreham/Worthing area, in other words BRACE yourselves Brighton!!

As long as it has the energy and moisture to get inland.... we shall see.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't see that bit of snow making it here myself.

It does depend. If this marks the edge of the colder air at altitude, then lake effect snow (streamers) may be possible... there seems to be a little more coherence to this line than others over the last couple of days.

I do think you're right, I'm just hopeful.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When will we know or is it changing every minute ?

Well, the raintoday radar updates every 15 minutes.

I suggest bookmarking that site and checking back.... it's very useful for short range precipitation forecasting.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The red splodge looks like it's heading towards us. Are we likely to get snow or have the pikeys nicked it?

Well, it's still there a good 30 miles inland.... I would say Lewes and Brighton (as well as the borderland with Kent) will get snow from that... and perhaps even Shoreham!!! Unless it just evaporates of course, which is possible as it runs out of available moisture, just Lucius in the Incredibles.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009

Papa, how do you know so much about the weather? What is your job?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, how do you know so much about the weather? What is your job?

Nothing to do with my job, more my true calling. I wanted to be a weather forecaster as a kid, but didn't get the right A Levels to go to Reading or East Anglia, and that was in the day when the Met Office were only taking people with Meteorology, Maths or Physics degrees. I ended up doing a Geog Science Degree, which included Meteorology, but I never got the chance to do it professionally.

Since the birth of the internet and messageboards, i've been an active member of a couple, and have taken up the love of weather again, but as a keen amateur.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Well, it's still there a good 30 miles inland.... I would say Lewes and Brighton (as well as the borderland with Kent) will get snow from that... and perhaps even Shoreham!!! Unless it just evaporates of course, which is possible as it runs out of available moisture, just Lucius in the Incredibles.

Gaps seem to be forming in the 'Splodge'.....:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here