Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The question is , when will it start getting warmer ?

It will be a degree or so warmer tomorrow, although with the windchill it will feel colder.... so do you want it actually warmer, or just feeling warmer?

The sarcastic answer you be 'spring'...

Longer than the next couple of days, the outlook is still a little tricky to call... we could get warmer, although it's 50/50 between that and a blizzard.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gaps seem to be forming in the 'Splodge'.....:wrong:

It's losing the will to precipitate... however, the one earlier still gave light snow here, and it was nowhere as potent as this one to start with.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
It will be a degree or so warmer tomorrow, although with the windchill it will feel colder.... so do you want it actually warmer, or just feeling warmer?

Longer than the next couple of days, the outlook is still a little tricky to call... we could get warmer, although it's 50/50 between that and a blizzard.

I'll take the blizzard :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fascinating stuff Papa. Although I'd maybe have a bit more faith in RainToday if they didn't have the English Channel off the coast of Cumbria...unless I'm being a thicky again and there's another one up there.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
PL, will Oxford get any snow on Sunday? I hope not, as we got 45 cm of the stuff between 4 pm on Tuesday and 9 am on Wednesday.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
PL, will Oxford get any snow on Sunday? I hope not, as we got 45 cm of the stuff between 4 pm on Tuesday and 9 am on Wednesday.

I think Oxford is part of the area that will see snow... in fact the heavier stuff later on Sunday is projected to slip across the centre of England (below Brum).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
looks like the promising 'blob' has fragmented over Kent / Sussex borders... shame

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think Oxford is part of the area that will see snow... in fact the heavier stuff later on Sunday is projected to slip across the centre of England (below Brum).

So why does the BBC website forecast only light snow on Sunday for Oxford?

BBC Weather | Oxford

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So why does the BBC website forecast only light snow on Sunday for Oxford?

BBC Weather | Oxford

Is this the 5 day forecast dooby? If so, it's shit.

The details of the Sunday snow keep changing... so I wouldn't put much trust in any forecast just yet. Try to catch a News 24 forecast Saturday evening...

Editted to add: watch the Local forecast on the right to see how little detail they are putting on the local details... the national one showed snow across most of southern and central england on Sunday

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Is this the 5 day forecast dooby? If so, it's shit.

The details of the Sunday snow keep changing... so I wouldn't put much trust in any forecast just yet. Try to catch a News 24 forecast Saturday evening...

The Met Office website (more reliable than the BBC's, surely) also suggests that Oxford is not going to get much, if any, snow during the coming weekend.

Met Office: UK: latest weather

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Warmer as in football and racing fixtures on , so what is the outlook for next weekend and the following week ?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Met Office website (more reliable than the BBC's, surely) also suggests that Oxford is not going to get much, if any, snow during the coming weekend.

Met Office: UK: latest weather

Have a look at the latest national forecast Video on the BBC Weather web site.

It has snow all the way up to the Midlands on Sunday.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Warmer as in football and racing fixtures on , so what is the outlook for next weekend and the following week ?

Very hard to tell, although earlier today the Met Office boldly forecast the cold to last past next weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here