Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Looking good for the last ever meeting at Folkstone on Tuesday then.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Via Twitter

Friday and Saturday should be fun

Met Office: UK: severe weather warnings

Weather warnings brought to you by Anne Summers.

weather penis.jpg

Attachments

• Weather Penis.gif
    Weather Penis.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 254

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Maybe i misunderstood when [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] said we were going to be showered with some of the white stuff this year:O

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I was up early this morning for a meeting in Loughborough. The journey up from St Pancras was like travelling through a winter wonderland with a brand new Christmas Card setting every 2 or 3 minutes. I'm feeling ridiculously disappointed and saddened by the impending mild, wet and windy weather.
Same here... even without a boiler and hot water (temporarily) i still want very cold and snow at this time of year

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Looking at the current model output - I think we may be putting this thread into moth-balls for a while. The outlook for the foreseeable future is looking mild, unsettled and wet. There are few straws to clutch at in terms of cold, and the current model output gives us a green Xmas. I'll report back if anything more interesting (snow wise) appears.
:albion2: As I'm doing outdoor work this makes me VERY happy.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

So then, after dire warnings of a bitter winter and predictions of a near certain white Christmas we're faced with strong winds and floods. As much as I admire the meteorologists, doesn't it show the absolute pointlessness of long rang forecasts. We can barely get a forecast correct days ahead.
And if another person mentions about the huge amount of berries on trees pointing to a bitter winter I'll screeeeeam :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is a lot of berries on the trees isn't there......

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So then, after dire warnings of a bitter winter and predictions of a near certain white Christmas we're faced with strong winds and floods. As much as I admire the meteorologists, doesn't it show the absolute pointlessness of long rang forecasts. We can barely get a forecast correct days ahead.
And if another person mentions about the huge amount of berries on trees pointing to a bitter winter I'll screeeeeam :)

Depending on the setup, the range that is worth looking at varies. For example, where you have screaming Westerlies, with high pressure from the Azores to Europe you can (other than exact timing of fronts etc) predict the weather for a week or so. However, where you have a situation where the polar vortex is disrupted, and blocking is occuring at high latitiudes, I'd say 3 days is pushing it. That's where we are - we're in a regime that could produce very cold weather, and it's very hard to forecast far ahead.

For what it's worth there's a chance (the models are still struggling with it) of a cold northerly spell just before New Year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For what it's worth there's a chance (the models are still struggling with it) of a cold northerly spell just before New Year.

Ooh ooh, I'm desperate for some snow action, tell us more oh wise one.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ooh ooh, I'm desperate for some snow action, tell us more oh wise one.

The GFS ensemble will give us more info - that's due in about 1/2 hour. Northerlies rarely deliver snow down here, but could be good for the North / North West.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

The GFS ensemble will give us more info - that's due in about 1/2 hour. Northerlies rarely deliver snow down here, but could be good for the North / North West.

Ooh. Will I be getting my sledge out in North Wales?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Whàts the latest news papa? Any cold spells on the horizon. Prefer it cold,crisp and dry than this wet deluge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here