Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The beast from the east is on it's way I'm telling you !!!!
(I read it in the daily star )

The Daily Express was still puffing the Beast nonsense again with their saturday headline,....tagline was that it would be so cold that the salt/grit dumped on the roads would be ineffective in the temperatures a 'coming ....downwards of -9 C.

So,i'm pretty confident we can all stand down again for a week or so until the next ridiculous Express prediction.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
As soon as I saw the cold blast headline in Fridays Express I knew it would all come to nothing, and it has. They're as bad as the Daily Mail.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say that in the ever shrinking cold period (Mon - Wed) we might still see some snow / sleet showers.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
From twitter:

East Sussex roads ‏@esccroads
We've just received our roads forecast for the next few nights. temps down to -5 with snow on Monday and Tuesday. We will keep you updated.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say that in the ever shrinking cold period (Mon - Wed) we might still see some snow / sleet showers.

Well, not much chance according to the latest GFS ensemble:

GFS Ensemble Worthing 9-12-12 6Z.gif

The Op run, sadly on its own goes for an incredibly snowy run up to Xmas. :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am very confused. Some saying snow this week, forecasts not mentioning it, but media full of it. Are they just all talking nonsense?

Papa, today's update please.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Will it snow tomorrow?

Flex Your Head

Possibility of snow on Thursday ?
Any snow on Thursday will be very short-lived as temperatures will be in double figures by Friday. And it will be wet and windy and generally miserable. Gah!

Any of the forecasting crew got an indication of the weather for next week yet? I've got Mon, Tue and Wed off work; what's the betting it's pissy and autumnal rather than crisp and wintry?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any snow on Thursday will be very short-lived as temperatures will be in double figures by Friday. And it will be wet and windy and generally miserable. Gah!

Any of the forecasting crew got an indication of the weather for next week yet? I've got Mon, Tue and Wed off work; what's the betting it's pissy and autumnal rather than crisp and wintry?

The models are all over the place, but I'd say it's 75% likely to be wet and windy rather than crisp.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am very confused. Some saying snow this week, forecasts not mentioning it, but media full of it. Are they just all talking nonsense?

Papa, today's update please.

A lot of the media are using data which is up to 3 days out of date. There WAS a signal for a cold week with snow, but that started to fade Friday night, and was gone by Satruday night.

We've for a cold day today and tomorrow, with a sharp frost over-night. There's still an outside chance of a little sleet or snow in places before the mild stuff roars in Thursday... we may even see it start as snow in places, but it'll be rain and milder quite quickly.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF the models are correct (and that's a big IF) they are indicating wet and windy weather for next 10 days or so, although obviously that can change, especially towards the end of next week. Apart from a transient snow/sleet on Thursday, no other snow is forecasted for those 10 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here