Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex - In danger of becoming sterile

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
NSK had set up a hierarchical 'super-fan' structure, which to many suggests that they are showing the suggestion that ' I am a better fan than you ' as I am an Ultra. My suggestion is quite simple, instead of signing foreign songs, sing SBTS slower, which would sound much better than any foreign song.

Have they? I think you just made that up in your head. We do not believe we are better than anyone else, just a group of like minded fans who thought that if we get together we can afford to make bigger better banners, and would have more chance of getting new songs going.

I also pointed out to you on another thread that NSK have handed the lyrics to SBTS on three seperate occassions (last season and this) in an effort to get it sung properly. The only times I have heard SBTS sung properly in the last two seasons is when we have started it up, and at Carlisle when the Alba seagulls group got it going.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
So the team have got to be tearing the opposition apart before people start singing and trying to create an atmosphere? There was plenty yesterday to get the fans going. Even if there wasn't it's the fans who lift the players when they're struggling, that's our duty. Like I said, if you want to join the "I pay good money so entertain me or I'm going to sit here like a lemon" go sit in your front room with the rest.

Precisely. Bhaexpress comes across as one of these 'no can do' types that seem to infiltrate every level of society. If being in the Azteca at Championship level after the years of hell we've been through doesn't get you singing then heaven help you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But even when the North Stand sang West Stand give us a song all we got was a ripple of Albion! Everyone points the finger at the North, which has been quiet for the last 2 games, but for the WSU is poor!

True, I wasn't having a pop at the NS particularly (it did read like that though I guess), I thought the atmosphere yesterday was okay, I was more referring to the OP who said 'thank god for the NS' which in my opinion will need to be the epicentre of the Amex atmosphere. I can't think of any grounds (please people correct me...) where a side stand starts the songs, it is almost always behind a goal, then the rest join in.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
True, I wasn't having a pop at the NS particularly (it did read like that though I guess), I thought the atmosphere yesterday was okay, I was more referring to the OP who said 'thank god for the NS' which in my opinion will need to be the epicentre of the Amex atmosphere. I can't think of any grounds (please people correct me...) where a side stand starts the songs, it is almost always behind a goal, then the rest join in.
Fair enough, as I've said before, it feels jittery and nervy in the North Stand at the moment, but it's ruddy loud when it get's going which has been sparingly in recent games. Their is no end of willing singers in the NS and plenty of song starters but I do feel we would benefit from a couple of basic catchy songs to get everyone bouncing!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair enough, as I've said before, it feels jittery and nervy in the North Stand at the moment, but it's ruddy loud when it get's going which has been sparingly in recent games. Their is no end of willing singers in the NS and plenty of song starters but I do feel we would benefit from a couple of basic catchy songs to get everyone bouncing!!

totally agree.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Serious question; what is this 'too nervous to sing' disease that seems to have crept into the modern game? I have never been too nervous to sing, f***ing bed-wetters.

It's not about being be too nervous to sing as such, but their is a muted feel in the stand, almost feels like we are expecting to concede. Thats how it feels to me anyway

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Atmosphere is comparable to most of the noisier grounds around the country. It's not always going to be like the 2nd half against Leeds. Tension has crept in to the last few matches. Watching Newcastle / Spurs and all you can hear are the Spurs supporters singing their one song, so I don't think we've too much to worry about.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Ok - time to put my head above the parapet. How about everyone who thinks we need more songs post one? Here's my starter for 10....

Sung to tune of Jingle Bells:

CMS, CMS, our Craigy plays up front
Oh what fun it is to see him score another one

I sit in the east stand, towards the south end and although it is not full of naturally noisy fans, the people around me do join in when (a) the ground is generally buzzing and (b) when they know the words. There are enough people around who can overcome whatever self-conciousness they feel to make a noise when others around them do so and with a few more simple songs (plus GOSBTS sung slow and loud) I think it is possible to engender a more obvious atmosphere as standard.

Jan 30, 2008
need to start singing "going down the shoreham road" and "my i man said be a Palace fan", good old smashy and nicey tunes to get the fans rocking in the aisles

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
hull was the first game we have been told to sit down:albion2: wsu block n if me and my son and a few lads in front are not allowed to try to create a atmo:albion2::albion2: away games only 4 me next season???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Very honourable mention to the guys in the top left hand corner of the North Stand (as you face the pitch) who repeatedly tried to get songs started with very little reward for their efforts :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Precisely. Bhaexpress comes across as one of these 'no can do' types that seem to infiltrate every level of society. If being in the Azteca at Championship level after the years of hell we've been through doesn't get you singing then heaven help you.

What a stupid thing to say, a lot of people thought is was an average game, just because I have a different opinion you assume I'm negative. As you have no idea I don't have to assume you're an idiot.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What a stupid thing to say, a lot of people thought is was an average game, just because I have a different opinion you assume I'm negative. As you have no idea I don't have to assume you're an idiot.

Wind your neck in and try not to miss the point quite so badly. Even if it was an average game, in your opinion, that doesn't excuse you as a fan for not even trying to create a better atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here