Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
She got it.

She's self absorbed to the max. How do you know not know this family are massive media whores?

They literally broadcast their private lives to the whole world regularly.

Unfortunately for Will she's got her toxic talons into him and what should have been his crowning night is now ruined forever because of something that happens EVERY Oscars where actors get roasted by the hosts. Except this time they made clowns of themselves by reacting the way they did.

How I dont know that they are media whores? Well.. because I'm not a celebrity news punter :shrug:

I dont know any of them. I listened to his rap music between I was 10 and 20 or something other than that I really dont give a shit and if it wasnt for someone mentioning the whole thing here, I wouldnt even have noticed it. But looking at the situation, I think Will 100% did the right thing (regardless of if they have a podcast or youtube channel or whatever), and would have done the same.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think Tyrone Biggums makes a compelling case though, based on her past behaviour. She's no saint and is there really any excuse for violence over a joke, however distasteful? He's also right about Will Smith being a simp. He was laughing away at the joke whereas his wife had a face like thunder, then the camera pans from the Smiths back to the stage. Next thing you know he's striding up in faux anger to punch the guy. I'm also curious - would your wife expect you to punch someone for being mean to her in that manner? Because as I say, he wasn't upset for himself at the time. Honestly, I think it says a lot about their relationship, and nothing positive.

If only we could go back and warn young Will about her.

He was always such a nice guy but she's dragged him into some weird rubbish over the years.

Some of the things she's put out in the media would have totally embarrassed and emasculated the poor guy. Shit that the public didn't need to know, except she wanted the world to know.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
She told the whole world and Will she'd ****ed her sons best mentally troubled friend in a TV interview with him. She basically admitted to being a creepy as hell sexual predator.

Yet now she's upset because of a joke?

She's going bald, like millions of other people, people who don't punch people if someone makes a bit of a joke about it.

Maybe she told him If you don't slap him I'll cheat on you again.

I always thought that the stereotypical image of an Australian male, as a loud, crude, know it all was just that, a stereotype - but no, apparently Crocodile Dundee is alive and kicking!

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If only we could go back and warn young Will about her.

He was always such a nice guy but she's dragged him into some weird rubbish over the years.

Some of the things she's put out in the media would have totally embarrassed and emasculated the poor guy. Shit that the public didn't need to know, except she wanted the world to know.

Its the first thing I would do if I had a time machine.

You sound like you know them. Its weird.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Tyrone Biggums makes a compelling case though, based on her past behaviour. She's no saint and is there really any excuse for violence over a joke, however distasteful? He's also right about Will Smith being a simp. He was laughing away at the joke whereas his wife had a face like thunder, then the camera pans from the Smiths back to the stage. Next thing you know he's striding up in faux anger to punch the guy. I'm also curious - would your wife expect you to punch someone for being mean to her in that manner? Because as I say, he wasn't upset for himself at the time. Honestly, I think it says a lot about their relationship, and nothing positive.

Who is a saint? I've certainly never met any.

"He was laughing away at the joke whereas his wife had a face like thunder, then the camera pans from the Smiths back to the stage. Next thing you know he's striding up in faux anger to punch the guy." - yes, this is called empathy. Google it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think the joke was disgusting and that the Smiths should have walked out. Sadly, they are now the ones cast in a bad light because Will can’t control is emotions (which is unusual for an actor). He should be banned from the Oscars now, I’m trying to teach my 3 year old not to hit, Smith is an absolute tool.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wow, I'm still catching my breath.

Will Smith PUNCHING Chris Rock live on stage. :ohmy:

As I saw Liam Payne interviewed at the Oscars on Good Morning Britain say, all 3 of them are essentially victims, it is very sad in that reespect but lets take the love out of the situation with SMiths excellent acceptance speech.

It is also sad that it is the only thing people are talking about instead of the hugely deserving winners of the many awards and some of the very emotional speeches shining a light on the key issues of the day.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How I dont know that they are media whores? Well.. because I'm not a celebrity news punter :shrug:

I dont know any of them. I listened to his rap music between I was 10 and 20 or something other than that I really dont give a shit and if it wasnt for someone mentioning the whole thing here, I wouldnt even have noticed it. But looking at the situation, I think Will 100% did the right thing (regardless of if they have a podcast or youtube channel or whatever), and would have done the same.

Well the history and context kind of play a part here.

Will is such a cuckold simp in that relationship that his reactions are more likely to be because of that dynamic than him being a regular guy in how he reacted.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A better message would have been for the pair of them to walk out.

If a lower rank attendee had marched towards Rock, security would have cleaned him away in no time. The viewers would have been none the wiser. The Ponce should have had that treatment.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A better message would have been for the pair of them to walk out.

If a lower rank attendee had marched towards Rock, security would have cleaned him away in no time. The viewers would have been none the wiser. The Ponce should have had that treatment.

Perhaps. Being furious and making sensible decisions is not always the easiest of combinations however.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wow, I'm still catching my breath.

Will Smith PUNCHING Chris Rock live on stage. :ohmy:

As I saw Liam Payne interviewed at the Oscars on Good Morning Britain say, all 3 of them are essentially victims, it is very sad in that reespect but lets take the love out of the situation with SMiths excellent acceptance speech.

It is also sad that it is the only thing people are talking about instead of the hugely deserving winners of the many awards and some of the very emotional speeches shining a light on the key issues of the day.

:lolol::lolol: You are spot on Crodo, I apologise for allowing this excitement to divert my attention.

It looks like I have a lot to learn about Jada and Will Smith and their family situation. Hello magazine website is my friend I am sure.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I rarely watch it. When did Oscars go down that route? Copying the Golden Globes?

Rock wasn't even the first one to have a pop at the Smiths

Earlier in the night...

In one hilarious follow-up segment, Hall - who had declared herself "single" at the top of the show - rounded up several handsome eligible actors for some intimate backstage "Covid testing." She called on Javier Bardem - then remembered he was with partner Penelope Cruz, and told him to stay seated.

Referencing Will Smith and Jada's famously, ahem, "relaxed" relationship, she asked Will to join her and insisted, "Jada said she's OK with it," which left the couple squirming.

Looks like the Oscar's writers thought there was plenty of material to be had from them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its the first thing I would do if I had a time machine.

You sound like you know them. Its weird.
:lolol: Yeah he does seem to have a personal interest, but IMO he's not wrong!

Who is a saint? I've certainly never met any.

"He was laughing away at the joke whereas his wife had a face like thunder, then the camera pans from the Smiths back to the stage. Next thing you know he's striding up in faux anger to punch the guy." - yes, this is called empathy. Google it.
No, you see that's where you're wrong. If he'd had empathy, it would have been written all over his face from the outset. He didn't have empathy until he saw his wife's face. The second point is that even if he was empathetic, that isn't what is being called out here. It's how you deal with it. When you've grown up, you'll understand.

I think the joke was disgusting and that the Smiths should have walked out. Sadly, they are now the ones cast in a bad light because Will can’t control is emotions (which is unusual for an actor). He should be banned from the Oscars now, I’m trying to teach my 3 year old not to hit, Smith is an absolute tool.
This is, of course, the correct answer. Perhaps Swansman should Google the reasons why.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Because when I was younger the Fresh Prince of Bel Air was a show i'd never miss watching weekly.

And when they came out on DVD I bought them all!

Sad to see how Will has been dragged down by this harpee.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No, you see that's where you're wrong. If he'd had empathy, it would have been written all over his face from the outset. He didn't have empathy until he saw his wife's face. The second point is that even if he was empathetic, that isn't what is being called out here. It's how you deal with it. When you've grown up, you'll understand.

This is, of course, the correct answer. Perhaps Swansman should Google the reasons why.

Why? Maybe it took him three seconds and a glance at his wife to grasp that it was really mean. Sometimes it takes people a moment to understand the true meaning of what they hear.

As for the reaction... today it would be more socially acceptable to walk out, write some sentimental shite on Instagram and add some crying "emojis" or whatever. Not long ago, you'd be expected to confront the idiot harrassing your wife. I'm not in the ""we live in the best of all possible worlds" school, I dont think human behaviour is on some righteous path to perfection... if we are, then the nuclear armageddon cant come soon enough - and I say that out of pure empathy for the whole mankind... I prefer the Will Smith way of doing it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why? Maybe it took him three seconds and a glance at his wife to grasp that it was really mean. Sometimes it takes people a moment to understand the true meaning of what they hear.
Ok, I can take that point, but this:

As for the reaction... today it would be more socially acceptable to walk out, write some sentimental shite on Instagram and add some crying "emojis" or whatever. Not long ago, you'd be expected to confront the idiot harrassing your wife. I'm not in the ""we live in the best of all possible worlds" school, I dont think human behaviour is on some righteous path to perfection... if we are, then the nuclear armageddon cant come soon enough - and I say that out of pure empathy for the whole mankind... I prefer the Will Smith way of doing it.
...this is nonsense. The most socially acceptable way of dealing with it is for the Smiths to have simply walked out in disgust if they really felt that making a joke about hair-loss was so dreadful. Personally, I don't think it's nice to be making jokes about illnesses, but from my position of admittedly not having been touched by this illness, it feels like it's hurtful but ultimately trivial in the grand scheme of things. I certainly feel it's a dangerous path to be justifying Will Smith's behaviour.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
None of us will ever know, but I suspect when you're sitting in the front row at the Oscars and a joke is made at your expense (and I'd include my family within the definition of "my expense"), you laugh politely because you are aware the world's gaze will be upon you in that moment.

That's even if you hear and understand the joke properly in the first place.

As such I don't find Smith's initial reaction surprising in the slightest and absolutely would not take it as conclusive proof that he thought the joke was initially laugh-worthy. Maybe he did or maybe we didn't - all anyone can do is guess, and those who want to attack Smith have already decided he did find it funny because it suits their narrative.

Beyond that, it's all a little bizarre - violence is rarely the right approach. It was probably fortunate that Rock just rolled with it, literally, and didn't sock him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here